How quickly travel by issuing a maximum of CO2?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

How quickly travel by issuing a maximum of CO2?

by jean63 » 08/03/07, 16:35

Found in Challenges n ° 70 of March 2007 =>
"Weekend at the end of the world = Paris - Beijing (5 days - 3 nights / therefore 2 days of travel !!!) for 1021 euros / Kuoni / Air France trips .... result of the races: 7240 kilos of CO2 emitted ie 3 years of car at 10000 kms per year ..).
..... and there is better = Paris Shanghai (5 days- 3 nights / CO2 emissions: 9240 kilos).

The planes are not "counted" in the CO2 emissions in the Kyoto protocol, they did not know where to put them !!!!
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/07, 18:29

1) Arg ... it's "barely" 141 € the ton of CO2 ... by burning domestic fuel at 0,6 € / L we get 230 € the ton of CO2, by burning gasoline to 1,2 € / L we get 522 € the ton... it's better but not that much. How much boiler for how many weend sold?

2) It also makes a car that emits 241g / km or 10,5 or 9,3 L / 100 ... A "small" 4x4 in town or a big sedan on the road ...but normal it is necessary to take the references of the challenge readers...: Cheesy:

ps: about this, Jean63 you who always criticizes the rich (and the Chinese even if there are 100 times poorer than you currently). When I see where you get your sources: challenges, fellowship, boursorama ... I wonder if there would not be a paradox at home? Do not worry, we're all paradoxes ...

: Mrgreen:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 08/03/07, 21:45

Christophe wrote:1) Arg ... it's "barely" 141 € the ton of CO2 ... by burning domestic fuel at 0,6 € / L we get 230 € the ton of CO2, by burning gasoline to 1,2 € / L we get 522 € the ton... it's better but not that much. How much boiler for how many weend sold?

2) It also makes a car that emits 241g / km or 10,5 or 9,3 L / 100 ... A "small" 4x4 in town or a big sedan on the road ...but normal it is necessary to take the references of the challenge readers...: Cheesy:

ps: about this, Jean63 you who always criticizes the rich (and the Chinese even if there are 100 times poorer than you currently). When I see where you get your sources: challenges, fellowship, boursorama ... I wonder if there would not be a paradox at home? Do not worry, we're all paradoxes ...

: Mrgreen:

Apologies for the figures but they are not mine, but the journalist Anne-Marie Bellaiche who wrote the article page 101 ..... I reproduced it raw without verification.

and the Chinese even though there are 100 times poorer than you currently

It is Hervé KEMPF (journalist of the World) who criticizes the rich (but it is necessary to see which ones to understand), in his book which does neither the praises of the stock market nor of the unbridled liberalism as for the Chinese there are of it in + who are a million times richer than me.

This is not the problem: which is unbearableis what their money is for when millions of people and especially children starve around the world.

PS: Challenges I read it in a doctor's waiting room ... and recovered. : Lol: P
To reassure you completely I can confirm you that my readings are varied, it is what allows to have a LARGE vision and to make an opinion while doing TRI.
How can one know how the ultra-rich live (do you feel like a formula?) If one does not look in their literature for what is being told?

if you want more info on the ultra-rich and the ultra-poor, I have plenty of it ..... for example the firsts are buying more and more animal fur coats: "China eldorado of producers Danish fur "......
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/03/07, 10:50

The numbers you give are good ... I only compare them to other sizes ...

The cheaper the tonne of CO2, the more environmentally it is!

As for the debate on wealth I advise you to look at this to replace beauty by wealth and number of person by quantity of CO2 issued:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loi_normale
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 09/03/07, 14:19

I do not have time to extract all the arguments of Hervé Kempf, the best would be that you read the book, I do not know if it is in pocket ... maybe in occasion on the sites type 2Xmoinscher or Price minister; nine is 14 euros.

I fully understand the curve that shows that the rich are a very small part of the world's population, but we can not just reason on this basis. We must take into account the enormous impact of their way of living and exploiting the exhaustible resources of our planet with an unimaginable frenzy (it is not the middle class who buys diamonds, fur coats, etc. ).

I will have to take the time to show some excerpts from the book.

It was the subject of a debate on France at J..Mermet in the program "Là-bas si je y suis" (15 pm / formerly 17 pm) if you see the type of program?
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 09/03/07, 18:09

Christophe wrote:As for the debate on wealth I advise you to look at this to replace beauty by wealth and number of person by quantity of CO2 issued:

Your comparison, Christophe, is psychologically misleading.
To really estimate the degree of responsibility of each one in the emission of CO2, one must think in term of emission per head of pipe.
However, if your diagram is true by replacing "beauty by wealth and number of person by quantity of CO2 emitted" it is only because, precisely, it remains true by replacing only "beauty by wealth" but by leaving the other scale .
If, on the other hand, we replace "beauty by wealth and number of people by quantity of CO2 emitted per person"So there, the curve does not have the same face at all.
Intuitively, I would say it almost reverses:
  • the very poor producing a lot of CO2 because not having the means to buy equipment saving on this side there (old car, poorly insulated housing, old electrical equipment so greedy)
  • The very rich producing the most CO2 by their activities and their tastes (big cars, profusion of useless high-tech equipment and changed very often, trips to the end of the world)
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding