Google electricity producer

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Google electricity producer

by freddau » 24/06/07, 10:54

Google wants to be environmentally neutral. For this, he becomes a producer of solar energy, and intends to go beyond.

"Do good". During the Google IPO, it was the leitmotif of Larry Page and Sergey Brin, the founders of the search engine. The Mountain View firm yesterday formalized the commissioning of its solar electricity network. It has a production capacity of 1.6 megawatt, which will cover around 30% of the electrical needs of the company's site. A major project since it is presented by the management of Google as being the most important solar energy project in the United States.

Google was already involved in programs in favor of sustainable development, and in particular "Climate Savers Computing", where the big names in IT seek to reduce the energy consumption of their products.

In addition, the group has just announced the launch of RechargeIT, a plan to develop hybrid gasoline-electric cars. This initiative is funded by a $ 1 million fund, which will be used in particular for research in this area. The giant of Moutain View could even launch a subscription of 10 million dollars, and this to promote the use of clean vehicles, such as hybrids or electrics. Google may well set an example. Via an agreement with Rent-a-Car, the firm wishes to install electrical terminals on its campus so that employees can recharge their vehicles.
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 24/06/07, 10:55

I would say Bof,

especially in hybrid cars.
0 x
Polo
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Polo » 24/06/07, 14:51

I find it good. A big American company wants to seem green so some will cry out! Using the ecological loby as advertising! So what? where is the harm
0 x
"I fear nothing, I hope for nothing, I am free" Nikos kazansakis
Sargeb
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Sargeb » 02/07/07, 15:08

Well, this is a great initiative. Hopefully they will continue on this path.
0 x
Visit my blog: Image
Frederic_L
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Frederic_L » 02/07/07, 18:08

I too welcome the initiative.

As for the Prius rechargeable (RechargeIT), I do not agree, I find it an excellent initiative. In fact they prove through their experience, that just making a rechargeable existing model, a Prius, it allows to reduce consumption by half, and therefore we deduce logically that the engine ignites twice less often and therefore emits half the CO2.

They did (they are not the only ones to have modified Prius) what the manufacturer forgot to do.

I would even go further by saying that in the medium term, plug-in hybrids are perfect: in most cases, we only drive short distances per day, in this majority, we could run entirely on electric if we leaves us the possibility of recharging the car at home. And in this case, we would only consume gasoline when we exceed a certain distance.

The technology is there, Google and others have proven it!

Small aside, I watched the documentary "Who Killed the electric car" this Weekend, I found it excellent, and I recommend it!
0 x
We can not improve what you can not measure - Lord Kelvin