GMO debate after the passage of the law

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

GMO debate after the passage of the law

by martien007 » 20/04/08, 16:30

The Minister of the Environment denies that the Chassaigne Amendment has been emptied of its content !!! amazing how you can flip your jacket (it's public opinion manipulation).

2 days before she called Borloo her boss, coward !!

they talk about it here (infact GMOs will be able to quietly pollinate organic plantations in a few tens or more km around !!).

Eat organic they said : Evil:

http://ce-soir-ou-jamais.france3.fr/ind ... ge=accueil
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 21/04/08, 21:26

I added access to "tonight or never" because the debate is interesting - 2 scientists with different opinions - (about 20 min).
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/04/08, 00:02

Thank you Martien for the video link.

The GMO issue is vast and very difficult to resolve ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 22/04/08, 10:29

Remundo wrote:The GMO issue is vast and very difficult to resolve ...

Not that difficult.
- Encouragement of research in confined spaces.
- Prohibition of outdoor cultivation, as long as serious studies have not demonstrated the long-term safety of the product on all elements of the food chain, and the absence of risk of contamination of the natural environment.
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 22/04/08, 10:46

At the end of the day, the logic is quite simply FINANCIAL: Monsanto wants to be able to impose on the smallest small farmer to buy its seeds (prohibition to sow its own seeds because they are patented by Monsanto even if it is due to a dissemination: we have seen several cases in the USA, India, Germany in the film - The world according to Monsanto -).

Beyond the risks - not proven - but "precautionary principle" obliges, (normally registered in the French constitution since last year or 2006, under Chirac), there is this risk of a stranglehold of Monsanto on all the seeds of this earth, or at least most of the seeds that will nourish the human beings who have the right to survive.

That's the 2 real problems.

Not to mention that the European moth is becoming resistant to the insecticide included in the genes of ma810 corn, and that it is necessary to start again with pesticides that are always stronger and destructive of soil micro-organisms. A VICIOUS circle this story.
0 x
papalopoulos
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by papalopoulos » 22/04/08, 10:55

But finally has it been voted or is it still only under deliberation?

Because otherwise I don't see many other solutions than to take the capital by storm ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 22/04/08, 11:03

Taking the capital by storm is good, it's a strong commitment ...

But first find out about the process of creating laws in France. that's the lesser of it.
Deputies, Senators, Deputies, signature of the president, publication in the official journal.
In this process, it can happen amendments, counter-amendments, delays, scandals, a revolution ...
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 22/04/08, 11:47

And then there is this: http://www.ogm-jedisnon.org/?Accueil,
you never know, it may be useful for something ... : Idea:
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 22/04/08, 15:59

Hello,
The controversy over GMOs is largely based on a (pseudo) scientific imposture: equivalence in substance.
This is the start of all this masquarade.
While it has been shown that the place where the insert is placed in DNA, the expression of the proteins concerned by this implant AND also the expression of other proteins from other fragments of DNA .
The adoption of this (false) "principle of substantial equivalence" as a principle avoiding numerous and expensive tests was a political decision, without any scientific basis.
It is for this reason that I am personally against any GMO in nature. I tolerate them confined in the lab and if they don't come close to my plate : Evil:
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)