Europe: cultivate your garden, soon a crime?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Did67

by Did67 » 26/05/13, 13:55

1) I find that we are improving on econology: the sensationalist title "cumltiver his garden, soon a crime" has been reduced to its proper proprotion.

Indeed, under the influence of the Anglo-Saxon and the large groups that we know, a tendency at EU level to develop legislation that "monetarizes" natural goods, genes, biomass, etc ...

2) I therefore join remundo, 100%.

3) And there is the title, which suddenly is not correct. But "seller"!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/05/13, 17:21

disobey ... cultivate your garden in your corner ... exchanging seeds between amateurs ... it is not enough

bad regulations have been gradually put in place for 20 years to prohibit working with natural seeds as we have done for millennia

it means that the market gardeners and the farmers no longer have the possibility of selecting what they grow freely ... they will all have the same variety, and if there is a disaster, like a new disease or parasite, that will be starvation, because there will not be enough plant diversity for a party to escape disaster

the disobedience of the amateur gardener is too low

defenders of human rights or ecology, even if they are not gardening themselves, understand that it is as important to defend the right to cultivate what you want, as to defend wild animals on the other side of the world
0 x
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 26/05/13, 18:14

Hi,

it is not a very new idea, a few decades ago, rumors were running about a possible taxation of hutches and chicken coops ...

It is not only the big poisoners / seeders who have long wanted legislation to be tightened. States have everything to gain in terms of VAT among others.

Imagine everything that escapes taxation among amateur gardeners, some like me eat almost exclusively vegetables and fruits from the garden, for 6 months of the year.

I would add that crazy cuttings (especially patented varieties) also annoy hybridizers who spent money to perfect their creation. If there was a solution to regulate this kind of uncontrolled multiplication, believe me, the state would have already done so.

So you have to be vigilant but hey how to control? It is strictly impossible and the states know it well, let them dream ...

cordially
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 26/05/13, 18:30

cortejuan wrote:Hi,
Imagine everything that escapes taxation among amateur gardeners.

In a way, the previous government took advantage of the introduction of the 7% tax for sugary drinks with the reason, "it's for your health", to also tax at 7% the seeds and plants of vegetables among others (probably also for our health?)
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 26/05/13, 18:39

Plants that have been banned have been cultivated for a long time.
Especially here in Ardèche. It seems that it makes you laugh.

The only seed that cannot be found is tobacco.
Whereas considering the consumption of cigarettes all over the world: it should be spread.
What neni.
There is a very strong monopoly.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/05/13, 20:23

Remundo wrote:there will perhaps be some "exemptions" for gardeners-amateurs, anyway, it is hardly controllable.

but we feel the regulation of living things oriented "big firm" and the freedom of each which is divided ...

What was once considered perfectly obvious and legitimate, even for professionals (choosing your seeds, being independent), becomes an exemption granted to individuals ...

Next step ?

@+

Continuation of the "commodification of living things", thanks to the twenty thousand lobbies who draft the laws in Brussels, without any group of citizens being able to oppose it since among the deputies a lot would be in cahoots with this system, and among the most prominent (Delors, Barroso and many others).

The governments of European countries seem overwhelmed by this "supranational thing"against which they no longer have any hold, and towards which they are obliged to comply on pain of sanction (or if we play it" paranoid "it's voluntary and all that is only one screen).

It is my feeling more and more, the crisis is the fact of these disbelievers, who have good game to lead the ball by brandishing a directive which serves their interests (or those of the lobbyists to whom they have sworn allegiance) whenever 'they want to bend the street ...
0 x
bitza32
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by bitza32 » 09/10/13, 14:04

Hello everyone, the subject currently appears on alternative newspapers, difficult to know more but to watch with an eye ....

http://etat-du-monde-etat-d-etre.net/du-reste/faites-vos-jeux-rien-ne-va-plus/europe-vers-une-interdiction-des-potagers-prives
0 x
tester of all ideas on the fringes of general discourse, with 3 times nothing ... (worshiper of Saint Macgyver)
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/10/13, 14:44

20 years ago that the rules, more absurd than the others that are imposed on the professional, slowly destroy the market gardeners and small cultivator

how to oppose all these regulations contrary to human rights?

maybe if it reaches a sufficient level of nonsense we will start to seriously oppose it?

precautionary principle take it to the extreme! we must ban all these amateur gardeners who select their own seeds, and who would be stupid enough to plant seeds of poisonous plants instead of their vegetables, and not see the difference and eat them

Of course it is better to buy CE marked seeds which will always be of perfect quality!

there are ecologists who defend the biodiversity of wild animals, wild plants ... but humans will no longer have the right to biodiversity from their food! imposed industrial seed

and when there is a genetic disaster in the seeds of industry, we will all starve to death, because no one will have saved the seeds transmitted by generations of gardener

it disgusts me not to know what to do to demolish these ......

until now the stupid regulations only apply to professionals which is already serious because it is a ban on working: those who know how to produce good vegetables have the right to eat them, but not the right to sell them , therefore not entitled to live from the work he can do

in this country where there are 5 million unemployed people banning doing such useful work is already absurd

will want to regulate the amateur gardener be the drop of water that makes the vase overflow?
0 x
swallowtail
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by swallowtail » 09/10/13, 23:29

good evening everyone

100% I agree with you chatelot.

This regulation is a reflection of the trend for years, namely the progressive reduction of our area of ​​freedom.
All this, of course for the benefit of multinationals (Syngenta, Monsanto, Bayer ....). And this all over the world.
For example in Colombia, or with the "free trade" agreements with the USA, the peasants no longer have the right to sow harvested seeds, under penalty of imprisonment, which causes, the bottom of large demonstrations and not only farmers, but .... motus on conventional media !!!!
see michel Collon: investig action

moreover, europe is currently negotiating "free trade" agreements with the usa ... i fear the worst.

maybe if it reaches a sufficient level of nonsense we will start to seriously oppose it?

There, it affects our "food", therefore our survival, and to get out of this system corrupted to the core, I only see a kind of "direct democracy". see Etienne Chouard and tackle the cause of the causes!

in the meantime, we cultivate, we harvest, we sow, we exchange,
....... in short WE RESIST and we leave the system as much as possible!

autonomy, it scares the hell out of capitalism.

And I am not talking about the "genetic erosion" of the heritage of seeds for 50 years, due to the progressive monopolization of seeds by the big seed companies (see kokopelli)

to +
swallowtail
0 x