Ecological search engine

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
djeek9006
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Ecological search engine

by djeek9006 » 03/11/07, 00:06

Hello,
I am a student, and as part of a personal project, I wanted to create an ecological search engine, half of the advertising revenue will be donated to associations for environmental purposes. It can be used with the approval of high definition images of our planet, in the background.
Here I do a little pub to make known:

http://www.ecogine.org

I hope you enjoy it.

If you can give your comment or your opinion on the project, the site do not hesitate!

Thank you
JB
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 03/11/07, 10:35

Hello djeek9006

Welcome to the forum.
Apart from a part of the advertising revenues reallocated to ecological causes, could you explain what is the difference of your link with directly typing the same keywords on Google? ("enhancement of high definition images of our planet, in the background".)
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
djeek9006
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by djeek9006 » 03/11/07, 10:44

Hello,
there is no difference with the google engine, since it is an affiliation with the latter. I wanted to create a difference with the wallpaper, to give "a plus". Indeed, a lot of people laugh at the "Eco" part, but surf the site for pictures.
So I have to stand out, otherwise people use Google.

What do you think?

cordially
JB
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 04/11/07, 11:56

This engine calls itself "ecological", because the advertising revenues from the site will be donated at 50% to associations with environmental goals. This is done under the supervision of a bailiff.

How and to whom? Can you prove this? Usher's name?
0 x
djeek9006
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by djeek9006 » 04/11/07, 13:18

Hello,

So the minimum amount to withdraw from google adsense is 100 $, I have to wait until this limit is reached, to make the first payment (50 $).

I have not decided yet on the first association that will receive the first donation, since I have to see how things go: if it takes 4 months to reach 100 $, maybe an association will need more than another, by then.
Examples of assos: http://www.planetecologie.org/ENCYCLOPEDIE/Fiches/ASSWORLD/Aseurfra.htm

For the control of the usher: as soon as there will be a payment, a bailiff will have access to the adsense account, and will indeed be able to confirm the receipts, as well as the amount sent to the association (I do not yet know the means of payment (transfer, check, CB ...))
I do not have a name yet.

According to the affluence of the latter, I should invest in a high speed server 1000 € per year, to support the loading of images, quite greedy bitrate, so I have every interest in doing this in the rules, so that Net surfers have confidence, and this engine works!

Do not hesitate to talk about it around you, and especially tell me what could be improved on the site.

cordially
0 x
Sargeb
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Sargeb » 13/11/07, 16:54

I do not want to discourage you, but these kinds of sites are not as common. I doubt that people adhere to your concept unless you offer added value to visitors to your site.
0 x
Visit my blog: Image
djeek9006
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by djeek9006 » 13/11/07, 20:55

Hello,
I do not know that much. In general those who have this principle, are adorned with pubs, where texts that the user laughs.

The simplicity, the repayment, the beauty of the wallpapers .. I think it can touch.
You have not been convinced?

PS: The principle ecoogle or blackle is the powder in the eyes: the majority of the net surfer with tft nowadays, the global consumption increases qd one to black on the screen. Their principle remains true only with cathodics (but the 302,721.574 Wh saved is really a scam ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/08, 15:51

Hey op still 2 clones of www.doona.fr You have to believe that it works and that it pays off ... otherwise there wouldn't be so much ... the "worst" being veosearch which speaks in hundreds of thousands of euros ...
0 x
djeek9006
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by djeek9006 » 06/01/08, 21:26

Well, I did not know Doona! In addition they are also nantes ...

Let's say that ecogine stands out by the fact that there are images in the bottom of the screen.

So, I thought to create an 1901 asso but I hesitate ...

What do you think ?

cordially

JB, the webmaster
0 x
djeek9006
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by djeek9006 » 29/11/08, 23:20

Hello,

I wanted to give an update to this post, which is starting to date, and this, for 2 reasons:

- The search engine has been updated! You can now surf the 2e version of Ecogine.org, now integrating 4 interfaces, and is faster.
- The first donations have been made (400 € Living Brittany + 300 € LPO + 300 € WWF), it is the fruit of the research of our multiple users since the creation of Ecogine.org!

If you want to make Ecogine.org known to your MSN, or Yahoo / Gmail contacts, nothing more simple: go to the page http://www.ecogine.org/faireconnaitre_auto.php . It's new !

Thanks again to you who are using Ecogine.org.

cordially

JB, from the Ecogine.org team
0 x