Electronics Cars: DANGER potential JT FR2 13h 31-01-08

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Electronics Cars: DANGER potential JT FR2 13h 31-01-08

by jean63 » 31/01/08, 14:47

In the FR2 diary, following a condemnation of VOLVO for defect on the vehicle whose brakes (failure of the assistance) did not "respond" to Saverne (driver condemned for having run over 2 children following brake failure) :

http://jt.france2.fr/13h/

click on "SAVERNE / CONDAMNATION VOLVO"

but the most important subject is the danger represented by the increasingly important place of electronics on modern cars and reliability (46% of the problems recorded on 25000 vehicles come from electronics / survey made by the magazine "Que Choisir"), the guest of FR2 is the director of surveys of the magazine "Que Choisir"

http://jt.france2.fr/13h/

click on "MICHEL EBRAN"

On this subject, I scanned this study as well as the classification of vehicles in each category published in the Que Choisir of February 2008.

I put them on the site as soon as I have a moment and the envy !! :?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 31/01/08, 16:12

: Arrow: It would be useful to categorize everything that is declared as "electronic failure".

Personally I see at least 3 categories of breakdowns:

1 / Power outages:
Problems with broken or too thin wires, connectors, tightness ...

2 / Electronic breakdowns:
Problems of resistance of circuits and boxes to voltage variations, short circuits, electromagnetic radiation ...

3 / IT breakdowns:
Mutiplexing problems, communications between the different modules and other bugs.

It is the latter that I find most inadmissible. : Evil:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 31/01/08, 17:39

I will put the documents on the site soon; I do not think they have detailed the type of failure ... usually bugs that make dealers and their customers pissed off because it takes hours to find, or can not find and it happens randomly.

Like a quarter of an hour ago I am filling up with LPG (I put 1 liters but I can go up to 4 liters; price 50 euros / l); a guy stops with a 68X0,79, I ask him if he is happy which equipment ....

1 - Not happy because 30 l tank too small; he bought secondhand and did not realize that too little autonomy.

2 - Very dissatisfied because a sophisticated system (multipoint injection managed by electronics), the LPG fitter from Clermont Fd changed everything: invoice 1400 euros : Evil: .

There, I understand that people like him are unhappy with the LPG.

On my R25: basic system by suction on the air intake at the intake.

Its consumption: like mine 10 l / 100 ...... no need to have a sophisticated shit system !!
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 01/02/08, 17:21

: Arrow: The malfunction of an LPG system is not directly linked to its complexity ...
It is linked to the choice of kit, more or less efficient and reliable and to the competence of the installer ...
0 x
Christophe

Re: Car electronics: Potential DANGER JT FR2 13h 31-0

by Christophe » 01/02/08, 17:37

jean63 wrote:I put them on the site as soon as I have a moment and the envy !! :?

Is it good, are you hot there? :)
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Car electronics: Potential DANGER JT FR2 13h 31-0

by jean63 » 01/02/08, 17:44

Christophe wrote:
jean63 wrote:I put them on the site as soon as I have a moment and the envy !! :?

Is it good, are you hot there? :)

Not hot ..... will watch "C'est dans l'air" on FR5: the money and the SG scandal.

it will come ..... nothing new for me in the Que Choisir survey: pb electronic reliability, EGR valve, Japanese cars are the most reliable (including the Prius).
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 01/02/08, 18:33

Yep, electronics is the story of the man who wants to control something with electricity and suddenly, it's electricity that controls man ... : Cheesy:

Nothing like simple and robust injections / admissions. I also have an old R25 TS, but it consumes ... that's when we realize the progress of the injection anyway, but we should have stopped there.

@+
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 01/02/08, 21:00

Remundo wrote:Yep, electronics is the story of the man who wants to control something with electricity and suddenly, it's electricity that controls man ... : Cheesy:

Nothing like simple and robust injections / admissions. I also have an old R25 TS, but it consumes ... that's when we realize the progress of the injection anyway, but we should have stopped there.

@+

Hold like me but mine is a GTX electronic injection from 1989, but I still drive LPG (10l / 100km at 0,79 euros / l), so I don't use electronic injection ... just for start with petrol.
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."