Declining purchasing power, the responsible State 1er!?!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Declining purchasing power, the responsible State 1er!?!

by Christophe » 21/02/09, 23:52

Listen to this little story ...

It was 3 or 4 months that I was no longer at the Bricomarché Sedan. I went back there a little by chance yesterday to look for 2 or 3 odds ...

It seems to me that prices have gone up in France in 3 months! I am lucky to be able to compare objectively with a Belgian brico where I go regularly. Be aware that Belgian bricos were always more expensive than French BEFORE ...it becomes but really anything France!

Some concrete examples:

- 1er door pudding price France: 9.90 € (up to 14.90 € per pudding !!), 1er price in Belgium: 2.90 €, the most expensive pudding: 6.90!

- V-twin air compressor at 299.00 € France (promo), 199 € Belgium (no promo)

- Pack of 4 fixing brackets on sale: exactly the same 2.20 € in France promo well put forward and 1.45 € off specials in Belgium in the background of radius ...

- Small trees Citrus or kumquat: 34.90 € the tree, there is 6 month in the same Bricomarché, the equivalent tree was 15 or 20 € ...

If I had searched a little more there would have been ten other examples ...

So do not take me out:

a) It is the fault of China and India that inflates the prices of materials.

Lies: we're pretty much new to 2003 levels ...

b) it is oil that is expensive!

Lies: the gross was divided by 3 into 6 months ...

c) VAT is 21% in Belgium, 19.6% in France

d) average taxation is higher in Belgium than in France

The real fault, in my humble opinion, is the government and especially: the occupant of the Elysee who thinks the opposite of what he says and BIG bosses know they are in total impunity to fuck the client dry and gravel !!

Besides, it does not surprise you that there is no regulator and price stability?

Attention, I'm not talking about a state regulation in the strict sense but a regulation on the price variation upwards compared to a supplier price ...

The work of the UFC What to choose is remarkable (subscribe, read it, broadcast their tests and info ...) but it has its limits of actions ...

This situation really makes me sad for France ... but especially for the average French ...
Last edited by Christophe the 22 / 02 / 09, 00: 19, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/02/09, 00:03

Another small example, it is not exactly the same products (3 against 4 mm) but they are close, the difference in price, brought to the surface, is it really justified?

0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 22/02/09, 10:55

There is something that I have trouble understanding in your presentation Christophe.

The prices you have collected are from a private reseller. A liberal state like that of France, hardly ever intervenes on the prices of private resellers, except in extreme cases (I remember Raymond Barre who had pronounced the "price freeze" in the years of strong inflation in France) .

The key players in moving prices are the customers. If they have the opportunity to compete, they must demand price cuts. I personally never hesitate to claim.

Finally, we always have the choice not to buy. If everyone does so, I have no doubt that traders are changing their attitude. Perhaps this is what is happening now. By talking about the purchasing power crisis, citizens are thinking only about it, and changing their consumption habits. But finally, is it worse to consume less?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/02/09, 19:43

Of course I'm not for a total regulation to the Soviet ... but the cleavage between political speech and the facts on the ground is so huge that I can do more and this joke had to go out!

Obviously you can play the competition but all the big line up between them!

The collusions of the large retailers are RUINING the average French ...

I am a "trader", I know the evolution of "wholesale" prices since 2006 and they are far from increasing as much as the selling prices in some brands ... in fact there is not even a comparison possible ...

Since 2006, we have not moved the price of almost all our products ... So I would like to understand who buggers who exactly ...

Yes we can choose to consume less or rather to consume better (more sustainable) but pay 5 times more than before for the same "quality" there I say no and I think that a regularization of the prices with sanctions would be largely beneficial for the consumer. These regularization would obviously take into account, among others, the quotation of raw materials and energy obviously ...

Finally, when it comes to consuming less, I think the crisis is not as bad as the media say ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/02/09, 20:41

1) the Belgian competitive context is very dense and pushes prices down, in particular because of the presence of Dutch competitors and the access of consumers to sources at "wholesale" level
2) the general trend of business mentalities is as follows: the Belgian businessmen practice a trade (1er goal) which gives them revenues. The French businessmen seek above all to make money, no matter the type of activity.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/02/09, 20:44

YES thank you for these details elephant but I do not think that this explains everything because your 2 points are of a "fundamental" order, but the rise in prices in France is extremely recent and above all very "sudden" ...

Plus as I said: when we arrived in Belgium in 2005, the prices were more (many in some cases) high than in France ...

So are French sellers anticipating an aggravation of the crisis to enjoy a max before the final defeat of the system or they simply benefit an ultra liberal is president?
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Decrease in purchasing power

by bobono » 22/02/09, 22:19

Christophe. I do not agree with you I think you mix everything and it surprises me.

The disappearance of a thousand small businesses from the grocer to the butcher is due to the multiplication of large surface area in France. France is the country with the largest concentration of large surface area per head of inhabitants.

The large area of ​​food first folds on the area of ​​the knitting now. Even causse same effect.

Like you I need the least fitting I rush to the brico corner.

Sarko, what are you doing here? I do not know how it started long before it came to power. France does not have the means to pay all its officials, to welcome all the misery of the world and all the other problems.

Politics is very complicated and that is why I do not pronounce myself.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/02/09, 10:02

1) I do not mix anything, I see facts that grieve me ... but it is especially for you, as an expatriate it touches me less you know ...

If you refuse to admit the obvious, by "politicalism", it is your problem ... the term "to welcome all the misery in the world" is very pitiful and reflects your political orientation well. Have you seen the French age pyramid and the birth rate?

Immigration, controlled, makes it possible to compensate for this great demographic problem.

In other words: it will probably be immigrants who will pay your retirement!

2) If it was the principle of the big distribution which is in question, then explain me why, in Belgium, it did not rise (or
much less) these last 6 months?

3)
Like you Whenever I need the least fitting, I rush to the corner brico.

Like me? What do you know When I can I avoid mass distribution. For example, I work with a local plumber (cheaper and in "bulk" = no packaging for any fitting ...) ... do you want to see the invoice for the assembly of our Deom? : Shock:

4) Sarko, and his talk of shitty shit, help to amplify the effect of the declining purchasing power of the average French ... It would be less bad if it was not the top he was elected ... it will not be the 1er huckster in power but the situation has never been so disastrous since 50 years ... at least according to the media!

5) Sarko is a catalyst for the economic crisis, as a commancer, I know what I'm talking about and I have some hard evidence ... Each of his "big" speeches or public intervention results in a drop in turnover ...

So if you want the economic situation of France to improve faster: SARKO CLOSES YOUR STP GUEULE !! : Mrgreen:

6) So Bonobo, judges rather than judging my reasoning (personal attack), rather judges the honesty of the sellers of materials. For example: difference between the stock market quotations of the materials and the prices in the bricos ... Examples: the copper!

I do not think copper tube prices have dropped by 50% in a year ... Yet they should have been divided by 2: the principle of free exchange of supply and demand wanted it! After we can always find good false excuses to sellers ...

But it's on it's still the fault of India and China, it suits the right guys to always shoot at others to escape their responsibilities ... especially when others are there for nothing : Evil:

ps: do you know who really wins out with the price increase? The tax collector of the VAT therefore the State ...
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 23/02/09, 10:34

Hello,

For my part, I believe that French is more and more assisted and that he does not know how to fool himself.
Purchases are becoming more expensive: do not do them anymore!
Fifteen days with empty supermarkets and prices will fall!
This is the trade: adjust the offer on demand!
The current overconsumption artificially inflates the prices all the rest is only pipel!
Making sensible consumption is the right solution, just the necessary, not the superfluous, and prices will adjust themselves.

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/02/09, 10:40

Obelix wrote:For my part, I believe that French is more and more assisted and that he does not know how to fool himself.

+1

Obelix wrote:Purchases are becoming more expensive: do not do them anymore!
Fifteen days with empty supermarkets and prices will fall!
This is the trade: adjust the offer on demand!

+2: a product which does not sell at the "advertised" price will have its price reduced. But the problem is that there are too many "idiots" who buy at high prices to keep the prices high and then complain that they have nothing at the end of the month ...

They forget that it is the customer who sets the futures prices and not the seller!

On the other hand, to go without food during 15 days it will be difficult anyway ... : Mrgreen:

Obelix wrote:The current overconsumption artificially inflates the prices all the rest is only pipel!
Making sensible consumption is the right solution, just the necessary, not the superfluous, and prices will adjust themselves.

+3
Pkoi there is not a course in primary school "learn to buy well"? : Cheesy:

A large part of the current crisis affects precisely this "overconsumption" and that will be fundamentally beneficial for our society ...
0 x