The size and weight of the presidential elections.

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
belze1
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

The size and weight of the presidential elections.

by belze1 » 20/04/07, 11:07

All electors received their craft envelope with leaflets from the 12 candidates and the small ballots associated with them;
let us interest ourselves in these little newsletters:

they measure 148 mm X 105 mm and as there is 12 this makes 0,015 m² of surface.

Better still, since we are 44 500 000 voters (1) this represents a total square of almost 3 km on 3 km.

For the weight?

one gram the ballot, a total of 534 tons of paper !!!

How many trucks to transport all this?

If we had just thought of cutting in half this dear little newsletter,
we saved 267 tons of paper, but it would have been too ecological

(1) source
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/04/07, 11:21

Moue ... we still vote not every day ...

In (almost) the same kind there is something that annoys me more and more: the annual and free distribution of telephone cards.

Not only in the Internet era it does not really useful but in addition to its free (at least for the one who receives it) that it often goes directly to the bucket (not necessarily more selective sorting ).

It might be high time for the Post Office to think about an edition that we could receive "on demand" ... in other words: that is not systematically distributed to all households!

: Idea:
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 20/04/07, 11:34

In France, we no longer receive the white pages ... but the yellow pages, yes! Could this be due to the fact that these are advertisements, ie that traders, artisans & co pay to be included and that it is distributed as widely as possible?

In any case, it is clear that it is a beautiful gachi!

Christophe wrote:Moue ... we still vote not every day ...

In (almost) the same kind there is something that annoys me more and more: the annual and free distribution of telephone cards.

Not only in the Internet era it does not really useful but in addition to its free (at least for the one who receives it) that it often goes directly to the bucket (not necessarily more selective sorting ).

It might be high time for the Post Office to think about an edition that we could receive "on demand" ... in other words: that is not systematically distributed to all households!

: Idea:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/04/07, 12:41

indy49 wrote:In France, we no longer receive the white pages ... but the yellow pages, yes! Could this be due to the fact that these are advertisements, ie that traders, artisans & co pay to be included and that it is distributed as widely as possible?

Oh well, it's finished the white paper pages gratis? I did not know and it's already a good point.

For the yellow pages, I think like you ... but my remark remains valid ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 20/04/07, 12:46

It's really blame, anything!
: Evil:
The paper surface of your "election envelope" is less than that of a free newspaper ...

The vote is still part of a democratic process, which we are getting back to.
If you follow your reasoning, are you for voting machines?
Criticism rather, what amassed in your letter box, advertising posters in town, unnecessary packaging.
In computer science, we saw what gave the "zero paper" ...
Worse in my job, chefs talk to each other by mail. As most of the time, it is necessary to print the short message, often, if the useful writing exceeds the half-page, it is printed 2 leaves, because after there is a half-page of warning to ask for avoid wasting paper unnecessarily.

In France, « Post Office » deliver the mail.
The more mail it distributes, the happier the bosses are, and can buy other businesses around the world.

« France Telecom Takes care of the phone.
Reflecting on his strategy, is his exclusive domain.
For years, the landline has been the basis of its development and wealth. The directory was provided with the subscription.
The yellow pages are offered, but there is a special distributor, or you have to pick it up at a depot. The blank pages were given in addition, for those who did not have the Minitel.

There are not too many Minitel users. The information (formerly 12) has opened up to competition, with a proliferation of organizations and rising prices. Internet is becoming widespread.
The deal has changed.
But when the Internet is down? ... If this happened to you, there are a lot of steps that we can not do anymore.
For those who do not want directories, they are not obliged to take it, and can signal it in this way.
For others, a compensating credit would be welcome, to pay part of an Internet subscription.
But this can not work, because the edition of the yellow pages, paid by the advertisers, if it is limited, will not do the job of the advertisers (annuairmat :D ).
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 20/04/07, 14:16

Christophe wrote:
indy49 wrote:In France, we no longer receive the white pages ... but the yellow pages, yes! Could this be due to the fact that these are advertisements, ie that traders, artisans & co pay to be included and that it is distributed as widely as possible?

Oh well, it's finished the white paper pages gratis? I did not know and it's already a good point.

Either it's over, or my factor wants me :D

Christophe wrote:For the yellow pages, I think like you ... but my remark remains valid ...

Yes quite !
That's why I ended up talking about mess ...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 20/04/07, 14:18

gegyx wrote:For those who do not want directories, they are not obliged to take it, and can signal it in this way.
advertisers (annuairmat :D ).

Hard to say we do not want a directory: they are dropped down buildings ...
0 x
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 20/04/07, 14:29

We are privileged in Marseille :?:

For the yellow pages, it's a private company, and it's not France Telecom.
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupe_Pages_Jaunes
one of my employers a few years ago, refused to pay to appear in the yellow pages
he thought that it cost him too much for the return that it brought him.
: Arrow: So we do not find all the companies.
I got the 2006 yearlies and the white pages and the yellow pages.
The format has been reduced, smaller than an A4.
and unable to repudiate directories unless throwing them away. : Cry:

For the usefulness of the envelopes, I think it's useful.
We must not forget the elderly and others, who do not have Internet to do this idea on the choice of candidates and their programs, especially with the misinformation and the lack of debate in the media that I have I can not see.

Good for the weight there are the papers that we will put in the urn which are really useless.
We will have others at the polling station and not at all for the electronic voting.

What I regret: if we look at the programs of the candidates some of its still printed in glossy paper. : Evil:
0 x
In eternal learning