"Animal" by Cyril Dion

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

"Animal" by Cyril Dion

by Ahmed » 22/11/21, 20:26

Invited to a "premiere" of the new film by Cyril Dion, I told myself that I was going to tell you about it ... without having watched it! 8)
Heading, "I haven't seen it, but I'm talking about it anyway"!
I know the approach of this sympathetic boy who produces documentaries well in phase with the expectations of the current public; It is this last point that bothers me, not because of an inopportune concern for elitism, but because of the legitimate somewhat global concerns that agitate our fellow citizens corresponds to an offer of entertaining shows that put moving images and strong words on these emotions.
The recipe is quite simple, many others have already used it, Hulot etArthus Bertrand: describe all the darkness of the destruction and collateral damage of economic exponentialism, then, the hardest part, find something to put a little balm to the heart by offering examples of reversal of these behaviors * and let hope hover of a redemptive generalization ... Even if the examples are generally well chosen and well scripted, what is wrong is a lack of truly emancipatory perspective and it quickly becomes obvious to a somewhat attentive observer that good feelings do not compensate not at all to the lack of political coherence. Note that our filmmaker is close to the ideas ofisabelle delannoy who "invented" the symbiotic economy, a kind of green capitalism, but more beautiful and just as deceptively naive. No need to wait for C.Dion ideas commensurate with the strong words he launches: his rhetorical virulence only gives rise to eco-capitalism based on smart cities, smart grids, energy efficiency and optimum disaster management. No wonder then that this "revolutionary" good chic, good kind is the darling of the media.
His most offensive gesture, failing to grapple with reality, consists in constructing a new story: "To bring down or mutate systems, it is necessary to get millions of people to cooperate. And, as we'll see, the best way to do this is to build a new narrative"**. His imagination doing the rest, he sees people everywhere who turn away from the pursuit of profit and quite easily concludes that the problem is almost solved. In reality, the only stories that are likely to be heard, apart from these recreational remarks, they relate to a continuation of what exists under other names appropriate to mutations, to systemic "disruptions".

* Behaviors, because this is often how economic constraints are perceived.
** In "Small manual of contemporary resistance".
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: "Animal" by Cyril Dion

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 22/11/21, 20:30

Ahmed, the equal of Claude Jean Philippe who has spent his life criticizing films he had not seen !!! : Mrgreen:
Tell us about the film Aline Dieu by Valérie Lemercier, uncle Ahmed!
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: "Animal" by Cyril Dion

by humus » 23/11/21, 09:33

Ahmed wrote:
His most offensive gesture, failing to grapple with reality, consists in constructing a new story: "To bring down or mutate systems, it is necessary to get millions of people to cooperate. And, as we'll see, the best way to do this is to build a new narrative.

Of course we need a new story.
We currently ALL have a story in mind, that of increasing capitalism and we feel that it can not last so to go where next?
Defeatist and jaded, even cynical, speeches are deadly.
There is an urgent need to find a new positive, exciting and realistic narrative, of course. : Wink: .
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."