Attachment of Belgium to France

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 16/08/08, 12:14

little sparrow wrote:of course yes !!
the politico-nationalist tensions Flanders / Wallonia are far from recent, and I remember very well that here at least 15 years, one had learned "surreptitiously" that a "discreet" meeting had taken place in France between French and Belgian politicians on the study of a possible attachment to France of Wallonia !!
but we hardly heard about it at the time ...

it's been a while since we talked about it !!

It is only a minority of politicians who have done this, and it is those who currently form the RWF, the former Walloon Rassemblement (RW), Alliance Démocratique Wallonne (ADW) and the Walloon Movement for the Return to France (MWRF).

Must not say that our politicians have been wasting their time for 15 years with this, it is false, it may have been discussed several times but to take it a huge time that they could have moved on, there is some margin.

The most disgusting in all this, on the part of the Flemish is that we built the Flemish region with the money that Wallonia has brought to Belgium for 130 years. It's been thirty years now that it is going in the opposite direction and it does not please.
When you see all the huge installations made in Flanders with Belgian money (Zeebruge, Antwerp, ...) and which enrich Flanders.
Another example is the Belgian coast which was built in part by the Walloons, more than 100 years ago there was nothing at the start except fishing villages, there are still a lot of cities along the coast where restaurants and hotels still have French names.

Now the minority of Flemings who think like that is already large enough otherwise people like de wever or dedecker will not be where they are.
The worst I think are the young people who followed the indoctrination of the Flemish separatist parties, in the last poll, 50% of the young people who vote for the first time voted for a separatist like bart de wever and that scares the future.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 16/08/08, 12:22

It's true what you say Matt.
I continue the discussion:
My aunt died burned alive in the crematorium ovens because considered to be a terrorist by the bosch ... she died for Belgium, my father, resistant ... for Belgium ...
I paid for the work at the port of Antwerp.
I worked in Flanders for a few years when I was a student.
And it's true, there is a difference in mentality; the Flamingos are much more hardworking than the Walloons. the truth must be said.
And that bothers Flanders, and rightly so.
But that is not a reason to separate.
We have to settle the main problems and start by firing the crooked Walloon ministers; and there are! :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 16/08/08, 13:39

the flamingos are much more hardworking than the walloons

You still have to specify which Walloon we are talking about.
It is true that some in Walloon Brabant and others
regions are a little soft from the collar. But it’s wrong
cote des Ardennes, I live there for 4 years and I testify
of their great courage at work. They have nothing to envy
to the Flemings on this side.

As for the connection to France, I am not
too hot. I believe that Wallonia must take its destiny
in hand. Just like Quebec does in the past. But for
To achieve this there must be a political will, and this will is
by voting that we breathe it into our elected officials. This is what the Flemings
do by voting for these flaming parties.
If we fail to orient our politicians correctly
, the flamingos will do it for us by dismissing us as
m ....
You have to be proud to take your destiny in hand rather
than to be thrown to the q.

In both cases it will be necessary to assume.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 17/08/08, 19:55

The Walloon rooster with his Flemish friends : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/08/08, 20:01

0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 17/08/08, 20:03

Holala, my memory :?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 18/08/08, 11:47

p'ti pierrot wrote, quoting me:

Elephant wrote:
France is a country 100 times less democratic than Belgium,

In Belgium, when I realized to what extent the little alliance games were a joke (some have a maximum of votes individually and it's the others who pass !!), whether at national or municipal level .. I said stop, I didn't want to vote anymore (when it is compulsory) ...
now that I am in France, in view of what is happening here, I demand to vote .. and I am told "no sir, you can not .." !!

Well no, it's not f ... mouth. Because working in two turns to skim and then move to majority is even worse: we are forced to choose between plague and cholera. With the Belgian system, we are forced to negotiate, because the one who has 30 or 35% of the voices is far from being in the majority

Christophe said that the Walloons would be profiteers, relaying the opinion of many Flemings.

Who benefits the most: unemployed Walloons or those who own most of the distribution, manufacturing and import companies, all working at 30-40% for the Brussels + Wallonia market. The VAT, the profits, the taxes of the French-speaking expenses go in Flanders, but here we do not tell you!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 18/08/08, 11:54

Elephant,
You say this:
VAT, profits, taxes on French-speaking expenses go to Flanders, but here we do not tell you!

In the past, yes, but now?
I want to know what makes you say that.In any case, the Belgian currency is Unity is strength... and that in Flanders we don't take it into account ... forgotten
My answer is not contradictory to your words.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/08/08, 12:04

As you know I am only Belgian by adoption ... but there is still something that annoys a little among the Flemish ...

It is because they have a short memory and they forget that it was the Walloon steelworks which built the port of Antwerp, the highly strategic economic hub of Flanders.

Remove Antwerp from Flanders and look at the figures ... I bet they won't be far from those of Wallonia ...

The Flemish are traders first and foremost and they benefit greatly from the current globalization ...
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 18/08/08, 12:33

lejustemilieu wrote: In any case, the Belgian currency is Unity is strength.

: Shock: Ah, isn't that the € uro?

0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."