Attachment of Belgium to France

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 14/08/08, 13:34

Hello,
Vi, that's what the Belgian-style con-promised : Mrgreen:
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/08/08, 13:36

Hey Belgians (the real ones not like me) !!

Prefer the sarkozy government than no government is still a bit of masochism right?
:|
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 14/08/08, 13:47

Christophe wrote:Hey Belgians (the real ones not like me) !!

Prefer the sarkozy government than no government is still a bit of masochism right?
:|

Hello,
Ben with qq million more voters, do you think he would still have a chance?
(The Sarkostic is not well seen here)
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/08/08, 13:52

Well he's still here for a while ...
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 14/08/08, 14:55

Christine wrote:
Matt113 wrote:it was just an example to say that we were not obliged to change our whole system overnight if wallonia joined with France, things would change for sure but it would take time and I think that we would keep some of our laws which differ from France.

:D Your answer is an illustration of what I'm trying to say. She is typically Belgian, namely "let's go, we are not going to get angry, I trust, we will find common ground"

When a French person hears that during a negotiation, he translates as "It's good, he believes in Santa Claus, we can screw him up, he'll only see fire".

I know that is not politically correct, but it is the reality and being a Frenchwoman who lives in Belgium and who has private and professional relations on both sides of the border, I can say that I speak from experience.

It is not me who says it, it is the Belgian politicians who speak about it, there will be no Walloons in France without special status for them, I am not speaking here of the rwf but of the rare Belgian politicians who have was considering the subject and thinking about it.

I live at the border, half of my family is French so contacts in France I have a lot, moreover I spend a lot of time on forums francophones to talk about the subject and frankly france has no interest in taking back wallonia anyway, the only interest for france could be brussels and if brussels has to meet in france with wallonia, it is france which will comply with the demands of Brussels and not the other way around.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 14/08/08, 15:58

Hello

I see little advantage for a Belgian to be part of France

You are much better off administering your laws between yourselves than having them imposed by Paris and the French majority which does not reflect your local needs.
You are part of Europe with a small margin of maneuver in each country, why drown these advantages, there is enough control in a large country ...

It looks a bit like Quebec, we are a small province of 6 French-speaking inhabitants (at least for the moment) the English-speaking assimilation is done quickly) we are drowned in an English-speaking continent, two more generations and our culture will be disappeared like that of the Indians .. we will be at Mac Do
Currently we are part of Canada, we elect sovereignist governments in Ottawa (Bloc Quebecois).
I do not see the interest and advantage of being part of a large country whether it is Canada or the USA
He adjusts there to have to look at the difficulty that the great powers make to the countries which claim their autonomy particularly from the countries of the East.
There are some who fight to be sovereign while others for reasons of interest or economic want to stick to a big country
You just have to watch the mergers of large companies is always to the detriment of the people and has the advantage of a handful of international leaders who do not care about nationality.
We have a good example in steel and aluminum
do you think the workers are better since the (big) one has bought all the small steelworks?
Sometimes I suspect that these immense fortunes come from oil surpluses.

Andre
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 14/08/08, 17:44

Andre wrote:
I see little advantage for a Belgian to be part of France

You are much better off administering your laws between yourselves than having them imposed by Paris and the French majority which does not reflect your local needs.

Absolutely, and the problem is that they imagine that Paris will leave them their small Walloon government, their French community, their Catholic schools, their unions and their mutual funds etc (I will not go into details. Simply these organizations have much more extensive functions than in France, where they would come into conflict with the major state administrations: unthinkable - go ask the Corsicans).

Well, there would be a lot more to say about these cultural differences and these illusions that are being built on one side or the other, but I think I'll stop there. At my personal level I don't have much to do with it because I know both sides, they each have good and bad and I will adapt.

It's just that I like the good-natured mentality of French-speaking Belgians, made of spontaneity, sincerity, simplicity and I believe that they ignore even the meaning of "cynicism". This is why I am very afraid that they may one day feel "hurt in their privacy" when they have been abused by the more subtle and cruel French games.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/08/08, 18:03

Would you become more Belgian than Belgian Christine?
0 x
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by louphil » 14/08/08, 19:29

In any case, I am French from the southwest, and if someone asks me my opinion, I would prefer that it be France which is attached to Belgium, and exit the Sarkompagnies ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
http://wunic.fr

This is because the speed of light is greater than that of sound,
Some have the brilliant air before the air con ....:D :D :D
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/08/08, 21:22

Christine wrote:

But in France, it is Paris which decides and the others shut their mouths. And I find it hard to see the Belgians accepting this type of power that is 100 times more autocratic than their monarchy.

Well said, Christine: France is a country 100 times less democratic than Belgium, where - in particular - we park kids from early childhood in trash schools because they don't live in the right place. I could tell tons.

And then, I hope that the socialos will not let that happen: finished their little powers if we get there : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."