Further investigation: Toxic waste tonight

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Further investigation: Toxic waste tonight

by jean63 » 12/02/07, 18:27

Tonight on FR2 at 23:10 pm: "Toxic waste, The ecological bomb"

The scandals of the recovery of your "old" laptops, various devices, computers .......... whereas one can believe that one makes a BA by giving his device to the recycling center (or by the seller?), you will be surprised to see where your OLD devices are going, which are just 2 or 3 years old MAXIMUM !!! : Evil:

Company magazine
Release date: Monday February 12
Schedule: 23: 10 - Duration: 1h45
Presenter: Benoît Duquesne
Summary: Three weeks after Nicolas Hulot's non-candidacy for the presidential election, "Complément d'études" explores a France that is intoxicated. Beyond all the great ecological promises, some waste still escapes the vigilance of the public authorities. Oil residues, electronic components or incineration products, how is our most hazardous waste treated or stored? Why do some manufacturers get rid of it at a lower cost? How do they manage to break the rules? Investigation of waste which may become time bombs. Contents: - Probo Koala, deadly pollution. - Ultimate waste: toxic forever. - My fridge embarrasses me. - Indians sick of our computers.

http://info.france2.fr/complement-denqu ... 080-fr.php
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 14/02/07, 06:08

Doesn't that interest anyone?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
david29
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by david29 » 14/02/07, 07:43

I'm sorry but just read your post. But it seems to me to have already seen a report of the kind where we see Chinese sorting our computer waste. How? 'Or' What? it was simple. They had a lighter and everything that burned was recyclable ...

But maybe someone recorded the show?

Kenavo.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 14/02/07, 08:57

david29 wrote:I'm sorry but just read your post. But it seems to me to have already seen a report of the kind where we see Chinese sorting our computer waste. How? 'Or' What? it was simple. They had a lighter and everything that burned was recyclable ...

But maybe someone recorded the show?

Kenavo.

Yes, me too, but this is very complete; they have investigated all the shenanigans that allow to "circumvent" European laws on waste recycling and then they send it en masse in containers to India and China. It's the same story in India as in China: boning with bare hands and without a mask, they (the children too) breathe the vapors of heavy metals (lead, mercury, etc.) ... all this to fatten up the mafias .

On the FR2 website you cannot watch the program. I sent them a request to find out how to recover it: it is exceptional, so that I have an old computer that I hesitated to give, I still keep it a little.
Besides that there is an ultra-modern factory in the North of France where everything is done perfectly and safely for the employees (for now !!) .......

There are also other subjects such as the ultimate waste from incinerators: it's hard to imagine how it works: here we realize that we have to buy and throw away as little waste as possible (excluding paper / cardboard which is very well recycled in China: I saw another program on this subject on ARTE report from Saturday 10/02 at 19pm, this one is perhaps still "watchable" on the internet, I will go and see).

http://www.arte.tv/fr/histoire-societe/ ... 65518.html

... then click (left) on "video - 23 min" under "the tribulations of a paper in China"

The problem is that I stumble across it by zapping or that I discover them at the last moment. :?
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 14/02/07, 10:15

It's just disgusting the way the world turns ... I sometimes wonder if I'm the same race as those who run it all for the sole purpose of saving money to earn more ...

Dreamer
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 14/02/07, 15:58

jean63 wrote: On the FR2 website you cannot watch the program. I sent them a request to find out how to get it back:

that's it Jean, we can watch it now, just wait a little : Cheesy:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 14/02/07, 17:08

Ok it works, you have to click on the small camera under the title of the show (on the left) ==>

http://info.france2.fr/complement-denqu ... 080-fr.php
0 x