European ecological urban car

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
John
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by John » 28/04/06, 17:24

The basis exists. Just mount a different engine. For the moment it is a 650 cc Turbo petrol of 70 hp rather intended to "have fun" because the weight / power ratio is that of a sports car.
With a smaller, lighter and less powerful engine, this vehicle could be very economical because it offers a small surface area, so a good SCX.
With a weight reduced to 650 kg, an engine from 40 to 50 hp would be more than enough for urban use.
And no need for 10 years to develop it ...
For now the price is very high because the manufacturing is artisanal.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 28/04/06, 18:32

Frankly, we must hope that they will not take ten years to market it in an economic / ecological version at 2,5 l / 100km (gas or petrol), because the majority of people who travel to town to go to work or others are alone or with a maximum of 2 people on board. It is truly the ideal vehicle for the near future to pollute less and clutter cities. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 28/04/06, 19:05

Why not directly buy an electric car with 200 km of autonomy?
On Monaco there are several dozen to have one. There are also free charging stations in each car park.
on the other hand I do not know how much it costs but it is perfectly suited for short trips for retirees.
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 28/04/06, 20:40

lau wrote:Why not directly buy an electric car with 200 km of autonomy?
On Monaco there are several dozen to have one. There are also free charging stations in each car park.
on the other hand I do not know how much it costs but it is perfectly suited for short trips for retirees.

You're totally right; I believe that there is an electric Peugeot 106, it is also a good alternative.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).