GM maize in France

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 23/11/06, 13:57

0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 12/12/06, 10:36

Finally ! Heard this morning that Europe were going to ask for financial sanctions against France for not transposing European directives on GMOs, into French law.
(also for nitrates polluting groundwater…)

We will be able to bring to light, where the real law is!
If France has not legislated anything, on crops with open fields, it is responsible for the current mess:
Supporters of the precautionary principle (gang José and others) who destroy illegal cultures because dangerous, and who are sentenced in court for destruction of property of others ...
Subsidiaries and unconscious farmers (if not that of profit), who argue their right, since there is no law against them ...

The government will do everything to minimize the impact of this news, before the elections.

But what hurts me "about things in life" is the fines that we will have to pay back to Europe once again, while the harm that will have to be repaired is done here. And that incompetent and obtuse politicians are on the spot, in charge of the state, and do not feel too involved in their real responsibilities!
We shouldn't just cut the corn heads…
: Evil:
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 12/12/06, 10:42

gegyx wrote:We shouldn't just cut the corn heads…
: Evil:

Ugly too small does not exceed enough of the guillotine, we are just going to rake in a hair wick :P

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 12/12/06, 23:11

GMOs: Brussels
wants to sanction France:

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualit ... rance.html
The European text provides that only authorized GMOs can be released into the environment, whether for experimental purposes or for sale on the market. The authorization procedures include a scientific assessment of the risks to the environment, in part carried out by the national authorities, as well as information to the public.

Not good !
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 29/01/07, 23:49

GMO / The study that accuses

22'43 '' sequence, taken from a "90 minutes" report from Canal +

Where we see the power of Monsanto, the "transparency" of the French government, the responsibility of the "experts", the false European democracy.

Bon appétit!
(We are of course, all responsible ....?)

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid= ... 6353195886
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 30/01/07, 14:22

PU ... N, that fucks the balls !!!

I already suspected that public health weighed little against the (financial) interests of multinationals but at this point! : Shock:

In addition, the fact that it is a C + report and not of greenpeace, the reapers or any other environmental organization adds a layer. One can hardly accuse C + of bias in the field.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 30/01/07, 21:34

And what does our defender of the cause of GMOs think?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 31/01/07, 00:39

What added a layer to me was that I learned just afterwards that Nelly Ollin risked being parachuted in my riding. : Mrgreen:
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 31/01/07, 09:45

It reminds me a little of France as a land of study for other European countries ...
Transgenic corn is cultivated in France by seeds coming from Spain, to then be sold in Spain. Why don't they keep everything ?! Perhaps because they have legislation that prohibits them ...

I have no text to prove what I say! However, if some can criticize my assumptions drawn from sayings of peasants and information heard on TV ... I'm all ears !!
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 01/02/07, 12:37

ThierrySan wrote:Perhaps because they have legislation that prohibits them ...

I do not think that Spanish law prohibits GMOs because I saw a report a month or 2 ago on a Spanish organic farmer forced to mow his field because he had been contaminated by the neighboring GMO field.

On the other hand, what is possible is that Spain has transposed into its national legislation the European directives concerning GMOs and that as such, only GMOs authorized by Brussels are authorized.

As in France there is only a big blur and no law, it is possible that the Spanish come to plant GMOs with us unauthorised nanos by Brussels ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding