Burning autumn ... global warming?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 29/11/06, 04:42

Hello
It reminds me of another detail that I had forgotten: that the authorities responsible for monitoring epidemics see red because mosquitoes - which are powerful vectors of parasites (malaria, etc.) - reach more and more regions. more northern, and increasingly succeed in surviving it, year after year. What could well bring us malaria, chicungunya or other (what bothers them is economically of course ... the catamaran).
If the weather were cool, these mosquito populations would move south over the years, not north.

Do not think that in cold countries there are no mosquitoes
in winter it sometimes goes down to -30 and in summer we are infested with mosquitoes (mosquitoes) and black fly, deer fly ect ..
It is not for nothing that our houses have mosquito nets in front of the windows.
It is more the humid heat and the proximity of the spur of water which favors the proliferation of mosquitoes, (trout feeding)
in the cold the mosquitoes hibernate as soon as we heat the place the mosquitoes wake up.
Mosquitoes are something local, on campsites, it treats in the spring, and there is almost none in the hot season, it does not live long but it reproduces quickly.

Andre
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 29/11/06, 09:53

Hmm,

with the migration of species, you think it's a good idea if I plant olive trees in the garden, cypresses, etc.

Lumberjack what do you say about all this water coming down from the sky.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 29/11/06, 10:56

freddau wrote:Hmm,

with the migration of species, you think it's a good idea if I plant olive trees in the garden, cypresses, etc.

Lumberjack what do you say about all this water coming down from the sky.
Huh? What water? :?:

The limiting factor for Olive trees is frost resistance, so the strength of the frost and the number of days in the year are important.

During winter 85-86, lots of olive trees froze in Provence because it was -20 ° (I think) for several days.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 29/11/06, 11:50

it has olive species that actually withstand the cold better than others between aglandau
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 29/11/06, 15:52

abyssin3 wrote:: arrow: bham

It reminds me of another detail that I had forgotten: that the authorities responsible for monitoring epidemics see red because mosquitoes - which are powerful vectors of parasites (palu, etc.) - reach more and more regions. more northern, and increasingly succeed in surviving it, year after year. What could bring us malaria, chicungunya or other (what bothers them is economically of course ... the catamaran).
If the weather were cool, these mosquito populations would move south over the years, not north.

It is clear that this represents a serious economic problem but it is also a health problem. As long as the malaria style treats, chiguntruc and Co. were limited to poor countries, no worries, a little more poor or a little less, it does not matter. Now, it may concern us more seriously and at our expense.
It has been 3/4 years that I notice the appearance each year of different mosquitoes (I am all the more sure that I am allergic to the buzzing of a mosquito around me and that I celebrate them before m 'fall asleep). And I also noticed that we get more and more late, namely in winter itself.

abyssin3 wrote: However, precisely in 2003, I do not remember having seen, summer or winter, species behaving abnormally. Which is beginning to be the case. So if next year is the same thing, or even the one after ... WE ARE ALL COOKED!

This morning, November 29, I saw a stork looking for food in a field soaked in water! and you know that I don't live in Africa.
0 x
zac

by zac » 29/11/06, 19:19

bham wrote:It is clear that this represents a serious economic problem but it is also a health problem. As long as the malaria style treats, chiguntruc and Co. were limited to poor countries, no worries, a little more poor or a little less, it does not matter. Now, it may concern us more seriously and at our expense.
It has been 3/4 years that I notice the appearance each year of different mosquitoes (I am all the more sure that I am allergic to the buzzing of a mosquito around me and that I celebrate them before m 'fall asleep). And I also noticed that we get more and more late, namely in winter itself.

Hello

It is a pleasure to see that the upper echoes of europe begin to worry about the problems of the savages of the south, when europe will have the palu and the chic we will finally be all brother : Lol:.

This summer in Brittany I found an aedep albopictus (the striped ptits which spins chic and dengue); They all laughed at my face. Here 50/100 of the population has taken chic (more than 500 dead, 5 times road accidents). still some time and the metropolis will be affected.

At this time drought with us and elsewhere (Ethiopia, Chad etc ........); Nobody cares?

Assuming that we are 6 billion on earth and that the said earth can only support in resonable conditions that 2 or 3 billion inhabitants, if they die some millions in the most polluting countries of the planet it will not do of badness.

Bham if you want to get rid of mosquitoes there is only one effective way, but not very good for bisness. you put every 20 meters (in the shade) a basin with fish (breed to choose depending on the climate) and you hunt all other water sources.
Mosquitoes will lay eggs in your basins and the fish will eat the larvae; in 15 days the reproductive cycle is broken and there is more bziiiiiiii.
: Lol:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Colmant
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Colmant » 29/11/06, 20:00

self-eliminating polluters ....
bziii...
drought...
it's called natural selection
0 x
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 29/11/06, 20:24

What a brilliant and respectful technique for eliminating mosquitoes!
The differences are more and more worrying, the strong demonstrations (or at least stronger than normal) more and more frequent but how to know if it is still a deep deregulation or simply, as it were there in 1950, exceptionally warm for an autumn ?!
0 x
Together we can change the
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 08/12/06, 09:56

To illustrate what I was talking about about migratory birds:
PARIS (Reuters) - The mild autumn in France, unheard of since 1950, delays the departure of migratory birds to tropical Africa, raising the concern of ornithologists who wonder about their future.

"The situation is not normal! In the memory of an ornithologist, we had never seen that", wrote the president of the League for the protection of birds (LPO) Allain Bougrain Dubourg in a press release ...

The continuation here:
http://www.boursier.com/vals/all/la-dou ... -18412.htm
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/12/06, 10:10

Some figures on temperatures this fall from our Info-Plate...

For migrants, this is not true for everyone, I read yesterday (but I can't find the link ... :| ) a press release from the LPO which reported observations on the DER lake, and on the cranes that continue to travel normally ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."