Boycott the flowers Discount

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Boycott the flowers Discount

by I Citro » 24/05/07, 13:00

For Mother's Day we can see offers on the net and elsewhere of the type:
"Offer 41 roses for 29 €"

These flowers come mainly from Africa where they are cultivated in hardly credible conditions, the staff are treated like slaves, with a pittance, unions are banned and it is not uncommon for "protest" employees to be murdered!
The workers work in the greenhouses while spraying treatments for the flowers and are seriously intoxicated. as soon as their state of health makes them unable to work, they are fired!

FINALLY, if this human disaster was not enough ... It also adds up to a local and GLOBAL ecological disaster!

- Local due to contamination of soil and groundwater.
- Global because these flowers are sent to the developed countries in cargo planes generating MEGATONS OF CO2 : Evil:

Now you know!
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 24/05/07, 16:50

Perfectly, especially since roses are not really a "sustainable" product ....

Un small gift of perfumed handmade soaps is, meanwhile, bcp more durable (and original) 8) : Mrgreen:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 24/05/07, 17:02

Christine wrote:Perfectly, especially since roses are not really a "sustainable" product ....

Un small gift of perfumed handmade soaps is, meanwhile, bcp more durable (and original) 8) : Mrgreen:

Rhôôôôôô, the big pub not even in disguise !!!
: Lol:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 24/05/07, 17:21

Christine wrote:Perfectly, especially since roses are not really a "sustainable" product ....

It's excellent, you just gave your boyfriend / husband a good excuse to never give yourself flowers! : Lol:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 24/05/07, 18:50

indy49 wrote:It's excellent, you just gave your boyfriend / husband a good excuse to never give yourself flowers! : Lol:

Well no, cut flowers is one thing, potted flowers are another.

In addition, nothing prevents you from going yourself to pick some flowers from the fields from time to time ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 25/05/07, 13:00

Targol wrote:Well no, cut flowers is one thing, potted flowers are another.

In addition, nothing prevents you from going yourself to pick some flowers from the fields from time to time ...

I recognize you there, Targol. : Mrgreen:

I think above all, that the (beautiful) profession of Florist should undertake to indicate the origin of the flowers. Let consumers know what to expect ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 25/05/07, 14:03

citro wrote:I recognize you there, Targol. : Mrgreen:

We don't do it again Image

citro wrote:I think above all, that the (beautiful) profession of Florist should undertake to indicate the origin of the flowers. Let consumers know what to expect ...

I totally agree. A small card with the origin of the plants would already be a first step. In a second step, we even consider a traceability record to identify the flowers that have grown in Holland, were packed in China and are sold here.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/05/07, 14:03

Targol wrote:Rhôôôôôô, the big pub not even in disguise !!!
: Lol:

Mwarf :) : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/05/07, 14:06

indy49 wrote:It's excellent, you just gave your boyfriend / husband a good excuse to never give yourself flowers! : Lol:

Uh there is always the possibility of offering flowers from the local nursery right?

ps: the boyfriend / husband is me ... : Wink: (shit ... I was not late ...)
0 x
Colmant
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Colmant » 25/05/07, 16:13

Chris tophe / tine even you can offer you photos of flowers
that it's more sustainable

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Idea:
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."