Bio-nanotechnology: towards eternal life? Correspondent

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Bio-nanotechnology: towards eternal life? Correspondent

by Christophe » 20/02/09, 12:34

An astonishing documentary was broadcast yesterday as part of the Special Envoy on the extension of life expectancy by Science and in particular nanotechnologies.

Attention there is good and very average not to say bad ...

See here ou here

An endless dream

A report by Anouk Burel and Valérie Lucas

Who has never dreamed of living much longer? This idea, certain scientists, researchers in genetics or curious visionaries American and British begin to consider it today for the world of tomorrow. Living 150 years or why not forever, being resistant to disease, anticipating one's destiny, these futures are perhaps not so distant since the decryption of the genome and the immense progress of nanotechnology. What could be the man of the future, will we be able to read part of our future thanks to personal genetics, will we one day agree to modify our genes to save us from disease, cancer or move forward- are we on the contrary retreating towards these really very strange horizons, seen from here? What will be our social choices in the face of this giant progress? In any case, this is the question opened up by this report produced in France and the United States, where the doors of the future have already been opened, in part, thanks in particular to the decryption of the personal genome. Access for everyone to the secret of their own genes, an innovation crowned "invention of the year" by Time magazine and which is attracting more and more Americans.

Living 300 years is going to be a BIG retirement problem : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Christophe the 21 / 02 / 09, 20: 03, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/02/09, 13:22

Yep! and when we see the world that some people are preparing for us, I think that in 30 years I will not be too sorry to leave : Evil:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 20/02/09, 16:21

Especially since it will be these same people who are preparing this famous world who will benefit from this "progress", because on the one hand they will be small enough to be able to benefit from this technology (do not think that it will be free and within the reach of the first comer ) and on the other hand they will be able to give a damn about it even more full the pockets and for much longer!
I might as well die right away, I don't want to live in such a society.
And I'm not talking about the consequenses on the evolution of the human species.
In fact, the longer a species lives, the less it evolves towards an improved form of life quickly.
So we will be condemned to stagnate forever!
It will be hell I tell you, a bit like in the movie "green sun", but ten times worse!

: Cry:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/02/09, 20:05

Here is the program is on éconoTV:

Part 1/2
Part 2/2

Watch it worth it!
0 x
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by louphil » 21/02/09, 23:48

I have just seen this edifying report both at the technological and scientific prowess level and at the human stupidity level; or how to manipulate a recalcitrant public opinion.

Indeed, if I have against nanotechnologies only the argument of the micro particles which they represent in the same way as asbestos, mineral wool and other diesel particles, I am still far from confirming the technologies concerning the genome. ..

If I have absolutely nothing against, or even be 100% for research in this area, I had the impression at the end of the report of avoie was the victim of an attempt (in my case) handling ...

Indeed, making the people (who will certainly never benefit from it, or else, for purposes of serfdom ...) dangle an increased longevity (or even as a matter of fact, immortality ...) thanks to the genetic modification, they are simply told: "see the possibilities that genetics offers! You would be ready to become genetically modified organisms yourself, but still refuse or renounce to consume vegetable (... for the moment ... ) GM ... Explain to us !!! (In which, our dear opinion formers would not be totally wrong) ...

It vaguely reminds me of the arguments (which have since lapsed since) of the promoters of GMOs: adaptations of crops to infertile soils, fight against hunger in the world, staggering yields, reduction of pesticides, development of a medical diet (which has been practiced since the mists of time the peoples of India, GMO-free, among others), etc.

... Without counting the pension problems, obviously, : Cheesy:
0 x
http://wunic.fr

This is because the speed of light is greater than that of sound,
Some have the brilliant air before the air con ....:D :D :D
oblomoff
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Response from the obscure small group to Special Envoy

by oblomoff » 23/02/09, 15:33

What we think of our transgenic destiny

On February 19, 2009, Special Envoy devoted a report entitled "an endless dream" to the humanity of the future, whose performance and longevity would be increased tenfold by the prowess of genetics and nanotechnologies. In the last scenes of this film, filmed at the Faculty of Medicine in Paris in July 2008, an "obscure little group" appears to interrupt a conference. We learn nothing from him except that he is violent et undemocratic. Let's move on to the alleged violence, refuted by the very images of the documentary. The important thing is to remember why it is in the name of a possible democracy that we have denounced, as we will continue to do, the totalitarian claims of genetics.
In this conference sympathetically entitled "transgenic man: an infinity, possibilities", J.-C. Weil and M. Radman exposed their work: inducing in mice, and later in humans, genetic mutations allowing to delay the onset of cancer and extend the length of human life far beyond a hundred years.
Far from being a simple debate of ideas, as the journalist said, this conference was a presentation of the research currently being carried out by the main French scientific institutes. These experiments are funded to the tune of hundreds of millions of euros by public funds and biotechnology companies. It is therefore not a question of ideas, but of very concrete achievements which determine how we would like to make us live tomorrow. The striking force of biotechnology seems to be fairly well demonstrated by the powerlessness to which all those who oppose the diffusion of genetically modified plants in the natural environment and in food are reduced.
In short, if genetic research did not have such a power of action on the world via the active support of the State and their immediate valorization by the biotechnology firms, if they were not financed by our taxes, if it had been, therefore, a simple philosophical debate, we might not have bothered ourselves.
Let's put this conference in context. It is now proven that the damage caused to our living environment by the industry induces an epidemic of cancers, allergies and new diseases. The scientific institution, far from wondering about the causes of these ailments, endeavors to tinker with humans to adapt them to their pathogenic environment. Do not panic, ladies and gentlemen, we have the solution to all your problems, the ultimate synthesis, the end of history: transgenic man. Already, the abundant laboratory production of transgenic animals is used, among other things, to study what mutations will have to undergo humans to coexist with radioactivity, chemical and electromagnetic pollution, etc.
Besides, it is not only a question of adapting the human being, but of improving it. By erasing some of its "faults" (said the speakers that day), such as that of not living beyond a hundred years. Then, through the pre-implantation diagnosis, to make sure that he does not suffer from tares. Then, to increase its "performances", according to the criteria in force. This is what the geneticist Daniel Cohen, well placed, like Weil and Radman, says in scientific institutions: "I believe in the possibility of a new conscious and provoked human biological evolution, because I have difficulty seeing homo sapiens (...) patiently and modestly waiting for the emergence of a new human species by the anachronistic ways of selection natural. " The biotechnology industry is well positioned to derive maximum benefit from the work of these Darwinists in a hurry ... to become truly eugenicists.
Many biologists have a bad habit of confusing the evolution of species with that of science. For them, biology naturally takes over from the millennial evolution of living things. And since this evolution is "natural", challenging it makes no sense. This is precisely what Miroslav Radman says in this report, when he comments on our intervention: "If there had been this fear of change at the start of life, today there would only be bacteria". An emblematic remark of the naive arrogance of geneticists, who take themselves for the concessionaires of an adventure started 3,5 billion years ago. Considering what industrial science has managed to do with the planet in just a few decades, uncontrollable processes that it started in nature at the very moment when it claimed to control it, we think that it is at the very least reasonable to oppose this research. And this, before a committee of wise men chaired by the same do not duly supervise the fait accompli and certify it as ethical.
We are not afraid of change. For the good reason that what genetics offers today is not change, but the continuation of the world as it goes, worse: unmanageable pollution, the increasing objectification of individuals, the replacement of politics by technical pseudo-imperatives. When industrial capitalism promises longevity and health, we would be tempted not to believe it and to judge on paper. Moreover, in a world where the genetic file spreads peacefully, the promises of longevity quickly become feats of alienation. We therefore say that the real change, in reverse of the radiant tomorrows promised by biotech, lies in our political capacity to combine the flaws of each other to produce dignity and autonomy.

Oblomoff Group.

Text in pdf:
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... p7Stjk.pdf
0 x
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by louphil » 23/02/09, 17:54

Here, Oblomoff, you explain and detail much better than I knew how to do, the bottom of my thought ... and it reassures me not to be alone in having made this analysis ...

However, if you insist on the genetic aspect, it is important not to minimize the nanotech aspect which is a supplement which, in my opinion, could reach maturity more quickly, allowing a less painful acceptance of transgenic man by reducing the size of the step to cross ...

For me, the immediate danger is the ousting of the GMO problem of the vegetable world with a food vocation, towards an even more ethical debate, because it will be that of the adaptation of humans to technology (with all the excesses possible and imaginable), and no longer from technology to humans as has been the case throughout its evolution ... The ousting of the debate on GMO food could in the very short term trivialize these, and I see a real danger there ...

I can easily imagine that the "obscurantist groupuscules" filmed, will very soon be accused of "terrorist" ...

After the advent of "1984", welcome to "Brave New World" ... with humans made / programmed as needed : Evil:
0 x

netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 24/02/09, 12:46

It is clear, and without forgetting also the film "Farenheit xxx *" of Truffaut because of the media television misinformation which is current nowadays as in the film.
Coincidence?
No.
And then also "welcome to gattaca" where the fate of each one depends only on his genome : Evil:
* xxx because I can't remember the number.
0 x
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by louphil » 24/02/09, 13:02

Thank you Netshaman, for these cultural reminders which should be part of the works to be studied in priority in our schools notably the Farenheit 451 of Bradburry (taken over by Truffaut) ... and there would be others ...

Small correction concerning "Welcome to Gattaca", in the film we are not oriented according to the genome, but we program the latter in view of a particular destiny ... Nowadays, discrimination by the genome would be, d 'after the report quite possible, contrary to its programming ... but maybe not for very long ...
0 x

netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 24/02/09, 17:48

Ah ca, in schools studying sf works?
But you are crazy !
It's unconventional!
Inconceivable!
We are in the French society we Môssieur !!!
: Mrgreen:
When I was in high school, in literature class, I kept drenching the teacher at the slightest opportunity, so that we studied at least one work of sf, but it was like filling a bucket with holes ...
It must be said that France and sf is not joy.
Yet god knows, however, if it makes you intelligent, much more than the nut programs that we are constantly served.
But here we touch the HS.
0 x