Be Positive

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...

"To work for a better world and to enrich oneself"

The poll expired on 20 / 05 / 09, 04: 46

It's possible
82%
It's impossible
18%

Total votes: 11
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 14/02/09, 21:42

The term greed itself is exceeded, here :?

I do not imagine a sustainable society based on the exploitation of others, but on respect ...

For me no dialectic to bite me the smurf : Cheesy:

The world can only evolve if men realize what they are for each other, no other future or nothing but shit in a box.

We'll discuss it again later
:P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 14/02/09, 21:51

Lietseu, that does not answer the question linked to the plurality of humanity ...

Be realistic ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/02/09, 22:26

With dissertation-style questions from the bac (otherwise perfectly legitimate):
"Is man by nature altruistic?"
or:
"Can you think of others if you don't also think of yourself?"
we haven't left the inn!
But hey, it deserves an answer:
Is there a human nature?
Is je am not the others?

One question: can we reasonably hope to provide a solution, without changing humanity somewhat?
In other words, if the general result is the result of the sum of the particular actions, changing this result involves modifying certain behaviors. How can these behaviors be changed in depth without changing individual motivation?

@ Lieutseu:
"The term greed itself is outdated here"
It is here, but not in reality, which must be taken into account.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 14/02/09, 22:45

Ahmed wrote: One question: can we reasonably hope to provide a solution, without changing humanity somewhat?

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead

The Dalai Lama:

"If you don't feel like you can do much about it, try sleeping with a mosquito ... and you'll see which one is preventing the other from sleeping"

[Interpretation: The mosquito is very small, but it can be powerful enough to prevent you from sleeping when you are much stronger than it. The oceans are made up of drops of water, everyone can act at their own level - Everyone, no matter how small, has an influence and a role to play]

Ahmed wrote:to change this result implies to modify certain behaviors.
"Change his behavior" ... I find the expression dangerous ... During confessions, the priests of the Middle Ages (it was still the case at a time not so distant) demanded from the adolescents to deliver their secrets to them in the sexual realm and demanded them to change their behavior and wielded the threat of punishment from hell.

The Church of Ecology? No thanks.

Inform people, make them aware of the dangers of climate change, of course. But it is in my fundamental sense to leave people FREE from their choices, thoughts and actions.
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 15/02/09, 00:23

Elec wrote:The Church of Ecology? No thanks.

Inform people, make them aware of the dangers of climate change, of course. But it is in my fundamental sense to leave people FREE from their choices, thoughts and actions.

I agree and I weigh: leaving people free to act implies that they are fully responsible, therefore aware, therefore educated, .... but that is another debate.
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 15/02/09, 10:26

Lietseu wrote:The term greed itself is exceeded, here :?

It all depends on what you mean "gain". For me, improving anything is a gain, both for me (the satisfaction it gives me) and for the people who benefit from this improvement.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 15/02/09, 13:49

Hi, this gain is legitimate :D

I am thinking of the sacrosanct ideas of "bottomless profit" that are in the works for the moment ...

It should be understood that what is at the origin of our worries is "the mosquito of the ego which was born from your presence on earth" and which is at the origin of: "everything for me, nothing for others" and other aberrant behavior of man and not of the Human Being which is in another category ... the one who thinks of the other and knows the difference between a clean and tidy house and a dirty and messy house (this what has become of our planets in spite of herself!).

To be continued……..
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 15/02/09, 16:49

It should be understood that what is at the origin of our worries is "the mosquito of the ego which was born from your presence on earth" and which is at the origin of: "everything for me, nothing for others" and other aberrant behavior of man and not of the Human Being which is in another category ... the one who thinks of the other and knows the difference between a clean and tidy house and a dirty and disorderly house (this what has become of our planets in spite of herself!). To be continued……..

I change your sentence: "You should know that for buddhists what is at the origin of our worries (...) "

It is true for Buddhist believers, it cannot be imposed as a universal truth.

My point of view:
- you can't take care of others if you don't start taking care of yourself first
- material pleasures, it is not taboo
- there is no antagonism between material enrichment and intellectual and spiritual development.
Last edited by Elec the 15 / 02 / 09, 17: 22, 2 edited once.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 15/02/09, 17:04

Elec wrote:My point of view:
- you can't take care of others if you don't start taking care of yourself first
- material pleasures, it is not taboo
- there is no antagonism between material enrichment and intellectual and spiritual development.

I agree with you. "Well-ordered charity begins with oneself".
There used to be a guy who used to say "Love your neighbor as yourself" (and not "more than yourself").
If I give what I miss to others, I risk quickly becoming embittered.
Is the human being altruistic? He can be if his basic needs are met. But if I have suffered in my past from forgotten deficiencies (become unconscious), and if I do not do a job on myself to regain consciousness of these deficiencies and express them in order to evacuate them, I risk suffering from a fear to miss which will result in greed and lack of compassion towards others.
Last edited by Cuicui the 15 / 02 / 09, 17: 14, 1 edited once.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 15/02/09, 17:13

Although of Buddhist orientation in some of my views, I do not believe that what I have said here is not universal, I like to imagine that one day people on the whole will understand rules as simple as "do not do to others, what you would not want others to do to you" ...

The rest, I let you believe in what you want, I am not a Buddhist, but I have esteem for them, because they respect others and not only humans, but also their planet, that they see it as their home ...

Me, I believe (like the Indians of North America) that the earth is in a way my mother and for that, I show her Love and Respect, the first value no longer being understood by my fellows as "fuck" and the second like "don't touch my money" or to make it more colorful, at the cinema in the gunslingers: "don't touch the grisbi bitch!" CQFD

I don't think I dream that things get better, I SAIS that there are no other alternatives!
: Mrgreen:
0 x