US bank Lehman Brothers bankruptcy: World KRACK?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/08, 13:22

Oh yes! Rulian's "prophecy" has come true! See 3rd message on this page: https://www.econologie.com/forums/banque-us- ... t6130.html

They nationalized the losses ...

But not agree with the fall in the $: it's been falling for years ... and yet no redemptions ... It is rather the American taxpayer who will pay I think.

And then 60 Billion compared to the number of $ in circulation ca must not weigh very heavy: do not forget that oil is still exchanged in $ ....
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 17/09/08, 14:52

Do you want to know the future?
Prophecies, divinations, predictions ... Professor Rulian questions minds and powers for you. : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Friend awards for readers of forum.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 17/09/08, 14:57

Hi Citro :P

And how are they going to pay off the debt in 24 months?

Here, the continuation .......... Boom, Padaboum, Plouf!

Greetings from Lietseu :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/08, 16:36

HHIihhihihi Marabou Rulian !! You know there are fan sites (flyers).

For the scholarship, it's not over:

Wall Street down sharply, the market is worried about the gravity of the crisis [17/09/08 - 16H00 - Les Echos]

The New York Stock Exchange opened sharply lower Wednesday, while the market continued to question the severity of the crisis after the intervention of the American central bank in favor of the insurer AIG: the Dow Jones lost 1,82, 2,04% and the Nasdaq XNUMX%.

Around 13:40 p.m. GMT, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) fell by 201,27 points to 10.857,75 points, and the Nasdaq index, with a strong technological component, by 45,01 points to 2.162,89 points.

The extended Standard & Poor's 500 index lost 2,12%, or 25,69 points to 1.187,91 points.

http://www.lesechos.fr/investisseurs/an ... e/nyse.php
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 17/09/08, 19:22

and the Russian stock market ... nobody talks about it!

yesterday fell by 17%, closed today due to relapse, and then this interesting article:

http://www.liberation.fr/actualite/econ ... 538.FR.php
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 17/09/08, 20:50

Just because the stock market goes down doesn't mean you lose money. On the contrary, with SRD actions like Natixis ...

With short selling, the mechanism is completely reversed: you can sell securities that you do not own with the hope that prices will fall to buy them later cheaper, and so you will be credited with the difference.

This technique, which makes money when the markets are bearish, is little used by novice investors. Often equated with pure and taxed speculation of civility in relation to the companies whose stocks you short sell, it can however prove to be a very effective tool for portfolio management. Furthermore, once the technique has been assimilated, it will not be more risky than the simple purchase of securities.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/09/08, 21:54

: Arrow: The instruments in SRD, from the Warrants are extremely perverse and risky ... To put it simply, they are managed by professionals and for professionals ... When a small independent trader (daytrader) plays with it, he wins only the first times ... managers block transactions when they realize they are diving ...

The FED has invested to save bankrupt banks, but with money it does not have ... So it has just put bonds on the market ... If it cannot sell them, it's the FED that dives ...
Technically, only the Chinese buy these bonds ...
The Chinese who do not want the system to break the mouth will they lengthen the pasta?

As said above, the system is broken to the core, capitalism privatizes profits and nationalizes losses, so they are never losers, worse, they pay first and do not reimburse if the results are not up to the task ... A bit like a President who increases his income before his country gets better ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 17/09/08, 22:34

I like when you explain Citrus !

:D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/08, 00:15

-4% at closing

The New York Stock Exchange experienced a new rout on Wednesday, with an acceleration of its losses at the end of the session, due to new attacks on financial stocks: the Dow Jones yielded 4,06% and the Nasdaq 4,94%.

+1 for Russia but it is still less influential than the queen of the purses that is wall street ...

Toto65 your technique is true: it's buying down but it's even more virtual and speculative than the classic thing.

It is wrong to say that it is not more risky: because if it goes up you can lose much more than what you have invested, there is no limit to losses (in the classic purchase losses are limited to initial capital).

This is why the French banks prohibit the practice for small shareholders (they keep this kind of thing for them especially !!).

Besides, this thing should be banned altogether ...

The Fed Diving? Interesting as the outcome!
It's Fight Club without the fight !!

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=pbTIvu34uz0
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 18/09/08, 01:37

If the FED issues bonds to have cash to be reinjected into the Apl raplapla wallets, this is called debt financing (which the taxpayer will be obliged to repay, of course). Considering the tens of millions of ricans who are insured with AIG, I think that the Treasury made an effort that it was not ready to make for Lehman Bros which was a merchant bank (therefore not looking at individuals ).

Question to Citro : if nobody buys these bonds, I don't see how it would sink the FED? It would only have to withdraw them from the market. The only thing is that the much-wanted sprinkles would not arrive, and probably the AIG rescue plan would have to be canceled, unless you choose the ticket board. I say stupidity?

Anyway, if you need money, just make it. They have the printing press and the FED and the ECB showed that it is not a big problem to use it (suffice to see the delusional growth of the money supply in recent years). But again it is ultimately the lambda guy who pays, not through taxes, but by the devaluation of his money that follows. This is politely called inflation.

One more question : I am not sure that the Treasury and the FED are the same thing. Anyone any details?
0 x