Avian influenza and other pandemics of the future?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 26/03/06, 22:07

Thanks for the info zac! I will try to do it by following your advice.
I believe that you have benefited from the T °. I will wait for June.
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 28/03/06, 20:00

Good hard to have to leave the underside of his mosquito net to go on the forum econology. :frown:

Fortunately, there is a solution developed in France in the form of freeware. : Shock:

Computer mosquito repellent for your PC. Better than the anti-virus, which unfortunately does not work against avian flu and chikungunya :| , the mosquito repellent repels flying attackers thanks to the emission of ultra-sounds through the PC speaker! 8)

You will therefore have no excuse for not coming to consult this forum and in particular zac : Mrgreen:
0 x
bojourvous5094
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

SPANISH INFLUENZA back

by bojourvous5094 » 04/04/06, 19:56

The more we research the more we find information that is perplexing : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

I put a summary of the subject: : Idea: : Idea: : Idea:

American scientists resuscitate the 1918 Spanish flu virus :frown: :x : Shock:

Le Dr. Terrence Tumpey, microbiologist for the National Center for Infectious Disease examines specimens of the 1918 flu virus - a virus that is believed to have been rebuilt in the hope of fighting new pandemics of influenza.

When Terrence Tumpey entered the laboratory and looked at the dead mice - he suddenly understood the meaning of what the scientists were doing.

A few days earlier, Trumpey had infected the mice with genes from the 1918 flu virus. The virus would have killed between 40 and 50 million in the worst epidemic ever recorded in human history, then disappeared.

For years, scientists have reportedly tried to decipher the genetic code of the virus from lung samples taken from victims of the virus.

By 2001, they had already successfully identified two of the six genetic segments of the virus and wanted to test the effect on mice. There was no error on the result.

"It made my back cold to realize that I had this deadly virus," said Tumpey. "I didn't have the full genetic code, but I did have fragments."

The resurrected virus : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

In October, Tumpey and his research team led by Dr. Jeffery Taubenberger of the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology reportedly had achieved a remarkable tour de force. Not only would they have discovered the full genetic code for the virus, but they would have resurrected it in a high-security laboratory at the offices of the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta.

The virus that had swept the globe, infecting more than a quarter of the world's population was back on earth.

Scientists hope to use the virus to find out how to prevent new pandemics, or at least reduce the effect of devastation.

: Arrow: In order to protect himself while working with the virus, Tumpey takes the antiviral drug Tamiflu and monitors his body temperature. : Arrowl: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

Ebright notes that 15 researchers in the United States would currently be allowed to work agents on the list of serious pathogens. He also mentions that the genetic code for the virus is now in the scientific literature.

: Arrow: "We really needed the virus sequence before we could do any advanced research on the flu virus." : Arrowl:
Source: kansascity.com - Mar 28, 2006 (Link)
_________

-= Note = -
Should we be concerned that the research is done in collaboration with the military? : Shock: :?:

Posted in Military, Science

source:
http://echo-actu.blogspirit.com/archive ... .html#more
0 x
We reap what we sow ...
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 04/04/06, 20:08

Yep. An article from a military magazine, written like a bad novel by pseudo-Stephen King, I don't find that very convincing.

On the other hand, why is it shocking that labs are working with the Spanish flu virus? They work with many other "materials" that are as dangerous if not more, but less media-friendly. It is not by studying distilled water that they will know more about pandemics.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 04/04/06, 21:08

In any case, there is a delay in ignition for the payment of research funds:

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0 ... 222,0.html
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/04/06, 23:26

Say, bojourvous5094, you will not want to limit your "style effects"when you write? :? (Headlines, multiple smileys everywhere ...)

It's quite annoying to read, it looks like a big circulation scandal magazine ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 05/04/06, 10:02

hello : Arrow:

Go on like this, it's your trademark. : Lol:

Until now and this for a few weeks, no one has found fault with your posts, except the webmaster about the lack of sources (which you have fixed).

As far as I'm concerned, that's fine; Now I'm not the site's CHIEF nor a mediator, so it's up to them, but frankly it doesn't matter, it's the content that matters. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 05/04/06, 14:23

Well, since we are talking about the subject, I will answer it as moderator.

Indeed, it is more advisable to try to keep a sober form for your messages. The multiplication of large characters and other smileys is generally counterproductive because it attacks the reader. Not only will he not want to read your message but in addition he may have a negative judgment on you and your speech, since each time he has the impression that he is "mouthed" in the face.

On the other hand, for the length: try to be brief and put links. Several reasons for this:
- effectiveness: if it is too long, the reader does not want to read and he has the impression that the word is "trustée". Result: you risk forumer alone ...
- correction towards forumeurs and animators.
- correction towards the sites from which the articles are drawn: if they put quality articles online, it is the least of things to increase their traffic.

Here, it was a parenthesis, I invite you to take up the thread: "avian flu and other pandemics"
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 05/04/06, 14:58

Clarification and refocusing. Well Christine.
0 x
bojourvous5094
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bojourvous5094 » 05/04/06, 15:01

jean63 wrote:hello : Arrow:

Go on like this, it's your trademark. : Lol:

Until now and this for a few weeks, no one has found fault with your posts, except the webmaster about the lack of sources (which you have fixed).

As far as I'm concerned, that's fine; Now I'm not the site's CHIEF nor a mediator, so it's up to them, but frankly it doesn't matter, it's the content that matters. : Mrgreen:

Hello ! "jean63"

Thank you ! for your comments ...
I am not an "expert" in site and I take into account the remarks .... It seems that the "format" must be serious .. I pay attention to the content, I tend to place a lot of text, but in a world of "speed", the information transmitted by radio or TV, we sacrifice a lot of context and we only report the spectacular ... We are only reporting images that no longer have time for really explain the situation ...

I try to find interesting information, at least for myself and I share it with you, I am only an amateur and not a journalist ... I share with you but I am not like you ... We We are not the same age and we each have our look at life and the world around us ... We are each at our end of the planet and what brings us together is the sharing of information. ..

I like your forum and I will share as much as we want ..

Greetings,
0 x
We reap what we sow ...