NASA climatologist accuses tankers ...

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

NASA climatologist accuses tankers ...

by nonoLeRobot » 25/06/08, 14:26

NASA climatologist accuses oil tankers of "crimes against humanity and nature"

in my opinion this is news:
http://www.lemonde.fr/sciences-et-envir ... _id=853716
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 25/06/08, 16:00

This climatologist is quite right. There would have to be a trial before the Hague Tribunal as for the perpetrators of genocide, but there we can always dream.

According to the director of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) - one of NASA's leading climate science laboratories - the climate machine is near a "dangerous tipping point". It is necessary, he says, to reform agricultural and forestry practices, to tax carbon, to establish a moratorium on the construction of new coal-fired power stations and to ban them completely, on a global scale, by 2030.

The researcher predicts a rise in sea level of around 2 meters by the end of this century if nothing is done to limit greenhouse gas emissions - an estimate much higher than those generally stated.

I notice that it is also a question of coal power plants (see subject on Germany) !!!
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."