Wind standing against wind turbines on an industrial scale

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 03/08/09, 11:30

03/08/09 à 11h04

A national petition has been launched by activists who believe that setting up wind farms in rural areas is anti-ecological.

Yves Vérilhac is not against wind turbines but he is an opponent of "industrial anti-wind turbines". The former director of the Parc des Monts d'Ardèche is at the origin of a national petition calling for a ten-year moratorium on the installation of industrial wind turbines.

"If you have a small wind turbine in your garden like you have a solar panel, you are independent and you use the energy optimally. If you put factories in the countryside, what is wrongly called 'wind farms' , but that you remain in a very centralized network and full of leaks, that does not have any more any interest “, explained Monday on Europe 1 Yves Vérilhac. "If I am told that this wind turbine allows to reduce nuclear power, I will cry a lot but I would sign. In this case, nothing proves it", adds this ecologist who assures that he did not fall on the head.

Its argument therefore has an economic basis, but it also takes into account the requirements in terms of landscape protection. "The most beautiful sites are trivialized, the campaigns upset. All without any guarantee of result", specifies the text of the petition.

This initiative was launched in Ardèche where many projects are in the pipeline, notably near the source of the Loire, Mont Gerbier-de-Jonc. A first petition collected in this very rural department more than a thousand signatures. Among them, those of the humorist Yves Lecocq or the three-star chef Régis Marcon.

europe 1 news source
0 x
pb2487
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pb2487 » 04/08/09, 16:04

The problem is not for the landscape, it is that it produces nothing or not much even on a large scale and especially on a small scale.
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 04/08/09, 20:52

Nice the words of Yves Vérilhac, like him I am not in favor of large wind farms:
- disturbing landscape impact for some (not me but, I don't live alone on the planet :) )
- limited economic profitability (due to a market law biased by aid and today still often limited to model actions : Evil: )
- noise and vibration pollution related to the size of the object (low but real impact on certain fragile animals in flight, such as on the ground :? )
- total dependence of a passive consumer on the common network
- race for power, therefore absence of "savings" of energy, and risk of non-substitution of non-renewable energy sources.

It is on this last point pb 2487 that I am not following you. It is not because we produce much less than a nuclear power plant that what is produced by wind power is not enough!

The enormous energy concentration leads to equally considerable environmental damage, to extraction, use, and after use ... To power a few hundred thousand homes ...
While renewable energies require a little less than one micro-power plant (wind, solar or combined) per household to meet its annual need ... No more high-voltage line, more insane security constraints, more major environmental risk ...

You surely consider the nuclear gigawatts as the right measure of descent in terms of electricity production! But we don't need an A-bomb to light a thousand candles, a thousand lighters are enough ...
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 04/08/09, 23:29

Hello

The oil spike will fall on us before 2020, fear not.
If we want to drive and continue to consume (a little), it will take energy which we will pay much more dearly than today.
At the same time, we need to reduce our GHG
To provide us with energy, all means of renewable energy production must be mobilized, including wind turbines, and this may not be enough !!!!!!
How do all these anti wind turbines live, like hermits no doubt !!!!!!
Do they count every tonne of CO2 they send into the atmosphere?
Do they count each Kw they consume?

I give you a site for anti-wind ecologist:

http://www.environnementdurable.net/
0 x
pb2487
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pb2487 » 05/08/09, 02:04

Mouai ... for once, even with 20000 wind turbines in France, 10 times more than what is currently installed, we would manage to produce around 2% of our primary energy needs. Namely, line losses (high voltages) are almost negligible. We are far from the utopian 1000 lighters for 1000 candles but hey it is allowed to dream.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/08/09, 02:30

Wind turbines may not be the panacea but they are the ones we are developing the most currently ...

To meditate: https://www.econologie.com/energies-du-f ... -3750.html
0 x
pb2487
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pb2487 » 05/08/09, 03:02

.... that we develop the most to flatter the green electorate .... Let us not forget it, because question energy and GHG, that does nothing to solve the problem .... To think about ....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/08/09, 09:59

Hey bp! Can you tell us what you work in please?
0 x
pb2487
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pb2487 » 05/08/09, 10:42

Christophe wrote:Hey bp! Can you tell us what you work in please?

I do not see the report, I am an employee in the private industry .... : Shock:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/08/09, 10:43

The relationship there may be a link with energy ...
0 x