alternating traffic: against pollution or pump money?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Did67

by Did67 » 20/03/14, 14:25

chatelot16 wrote:I am wary of the systematic allocation of fine particles to diesel

Of course, the systematic is never faithful to reality.

However, for a measure applying to the global fleet, or an assessment made today on this global fleet, it is not wrong to say that diesels (currently running) emit significantly more particles than gasolines (running currently). CRa there is still a certain number of old-style TD and Euro 2 or 3 type HDI Tdi.

I did not find a composition of the French fleet according to the age of the vehicles and the type (diesel, gasoline) ... [I am not talking about registrations, but "circulating stock" - it is this which pollutes]

In the future, with Euro V and Euro VI, it will be kif kif. It's clear.

So "going" to gasoline will no longer be a "gain".

But it's not worse either! Do not reverse the proposal either!
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 20/03/14, 15:56

Ahmed wrote:... Fukushima, never heard of it?
Frankly, build nuclear power plants in a volcanic archipelago subject to earthquakes and tsunamis.

I do not see the link...

Nuclear power played no role in the adoption of anti-pollution standards for cars.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 20/03/14, 16:10

Did67 wrote:
However, for a measure applying to the global fleet, or an assessment made today on this global fleet, it is not wrong to say that diesels (currently running) emit significantly more particles than gasolines (running currently). CRa there is still a certain number of old-style TD and Euro 2 or 3 type HDI Tdi.
(...)
So "going" to gasoline will no longer be a "gain".

But it's not worse either! Do not reverse the proposal either!

Current diesels indeed produce more particles than gasolines (which even produce them!), However the particles emitted by diesels are apparently more harmful according to the WHO.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Did67

by Did67 » 20/03/14, 16:58

Leo Maximus wrote:I do not see the link...

Nuclear power played no role in the adoption of anti-pollution standards for cars.

The report was in the previous message which alleged patriotic behavior to the Japanese.

This did not prevent them from being smuggled nuclear by TEPCO and their government, a number of which would happen today ...

Nothing to do with the "pollution" debate, but with the different points on the respective behaviors of the French or Japanese populations ...

That's how I understood it.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/03/14, 19:13

More specifically, I was referring to a propensity that the Japanese would have to show hostility to pollution.

Nuclear pollution, to be less visible (if you will!) Than fine particles is nonetheless a reality.

The report is certainly not direct with automobile pollution, although it may become so with the possible development of electric vehicles ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 22/03/14, 17:27

Ahmed wrote:More specifically, I was referring to a propensity that the Japanese would have to show hostility to pollution.

Nuclear pollution, to be less visible (if you will!) Than fine particles is nonetheless a reality.

When you live in a cramped area and the level of industrialization is very high, you are confronted very early with serious pollution problems, for example with Minamata. ( http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maladie_de_Minamata )

But while the mercury poisoners of Minamata Bay were on the dock (in the 60s), TEPCO built Fukushima, without having consulted the populations, of course. : Shock: .

Then, Japanese industrialists have largely relocated to China (since the 70s, under Mao) and therefore their industrial pollution. Now it is China that sends back their pollution! : Shock: : Cheesy: Half of their air pollution comes from China.

So they still have industrial pollution, a little less anyway, and more nuclear pollution!

The fact remains that Japanese cities are much less polluted by the automobile than French cities.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 22/03/14, 17:40

Did67 wrote:... Nothing to do with the "pollution" debate, but with the various points on the respective behaviors of the French or Japanese populations ...

The Japanese are finite chians. If you have a car that is losing oil the neighbors will ring the bell to let you know. If you don't react immediately, they call the cops!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/03/14, 19:49

If this kind of reaction followed a strict proportionality, Japan would have experienced a revolution after Fukushima!
These formal behaviors are not exclusive to the Japanese.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 22/03/14, 20:38

There was a real rejection of nuclear power after Fukushima, after great indifference for decades. Like everywhere, what. But what can be done against nuclear pollution? Call the cops?

A large majority of the population remains hostile to restarting the power plants.

We are completely off topic.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 23/03/14, 08:59

0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."