Sarkozy, the fishermen and the fuel crisis

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 27/05/08, 16:48

Aquaculture poses many unresolved questions and problems .... Pollution in particular, but also yield, diversity and quality of the finished product.

Exact: I saw an edifying report on this subject in Thalassa: the Norwegians raised salmon from the North Atlantic in the South Pacific (East of Patagonia - canals).

The local flora and fauna have been completely destroyed and the fish have caught an unknown virus hitherto certainly linked to the large number of fish ... etc ...

Frankly, until then I was fairly pro-farmed fish, but there it put my morale up, to see what comes from the seabed and the fish and shellfish from the area after such an invasion.

If I find the show I put it online, but Thalassa can not be seen for free on the internet, must buy the videos (I think it happened 2 weeks ago.

In my opinion, the fishing crisis is only one of the many symptoms of the total disconnection of our technological society with the reality of the Earth system (fragile ecosystems, global dynamics, limited resources, ...).

Well agree with you: it will be very hard for everyone (except the rich who travel by private Falcon plane from Dassault : Shock: ) to return to reality.

Good for the rich, it must be said that they will have a little more hope in front of them and they will be able more easily to afford the new technologies without oil to move.
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 27/05/08, 16:57

aquaculture actually kills the wild ....
the nrvégiens and who made salmon farming in the areas frequented by wild salmon stuck a big slap to him ...
the promiscuity of farms promotes the spread of diseases which will be transmitted to the wild ...

fish farming is actually an aid to traditional fishing : Cheesy:
for 1 kg of wild salmon you need 3 to 4 kg of wild fish reduced to flour ... so trawling is all a few days ahead of him : Cheesy:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/05/08, 17:03

georges100 wrote:I do not see the relationship between the miners and the fishermen .....
we stopped coal mining because the profits from oil were much more important, that's all ...
we still have coal reserves, and I'm sitting on it : Cheesy:

The relationship between the miners and the fishermen is that the mine closed following a major change in the energy landscape relating to petroleum.

The difference, for the cost of energy, is that for miners, oil was breaking the market down, and that for fishermen, it was up.

On Diesel, we have another big problem, it is the European and especially French hyperdieselisation which adds the drop of water which makes the vase overflow :?

Yes, this harmless remark on coal takes its place in the problem of fuel costs ...

Many coal wells are restarting abroad and if "Cheikh Muhammad" continues to turn on the tap and limit refining capacities, CTL (coal to liquid: coal-> liquid fuel) factories will soon become seriously conceivable. ... : Idea:
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 27/05/08, 17:17

oil did not break the downward coal market ...
only the oil profit was more important
in France, coal was nationalized and yielded practically nothing for the financial community, while oil was the windfall ...

but wait a while and the fishing crisis will end : Cheesy:
the artisans will disappear and we will have 2 or 3 large shipowners funded by pension funds which will generate large margins : Cheesy:
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 27/05/08, 20:54

Very relevant your remarks georges100 : Idea:

I think you're right, it will end as you say.
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 27/05/08, 20:58

sniff! +1 georges100.

And agriculture will surely take the same path! : Evil:
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 27/05/08, 21:05

agriculture is much less profitable ....
should redeem the land when the sea is free : Cheesy:
0 x
ecolo [man]
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ecolo [man] » 29/05/08, 15:46

Well it is clear that we are moving more and more towards aquaculture. :|
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 29/05/08, 17:03

Aquaculture less profitable than trawling?

In this case, you have to stop everything guys, and buy Panga ...

If it was not as pathetic for our French fishing, I would laugh about it, but once again, France is demonstrating its absence of economic-industrial vision. :frown:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 29/05/08, 17:14

georges100 wrote:l'agriculture it's much less profitable ....
should redeem the land when the sea is free : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."