Sarkozy meets NGOs to discuss ecology ...

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Sarkozy meets NGOs to discuss ecology ...

by Misterloxo » 21/05/07, 18:35

Sarkozy offers environmental NGOs to negotiate on three subjects

PARIS (Reuters) - President Nicolas Sarkozy on Monday proposed to non-governmental environmental organizations (NGOs) negotiations on three themes: prevention of global warming, biodiversity and health.

According to participants, he also pledged to suspend any "heavy" decision on subjects as sensitive as nuclear, GMOs or highways before the "Grenelle de l'Environnement" that he intends to organize in September. October.

The meeting with the Head of State and the Minister of Ecology, Alain Juppé, aimed to prepare this conference, whose title refers to the Grenelle social agreements which concluded the great strikes of May 1968.

The leaders of the nine NGOs invited to the Elysee Palace said they were satisfied despite the persistence of significant differences, especially on nuclear and GMOs.

"The 'Grenelle of the environment' will not be yet another conference to see the ecological emergency and conclude that action must be taken," Nicolas Sarkozy told these organizations, according to the text of his speech broadcast by the Elysee Palace. "This is indeed a negotiation on concrete measures."

"We must prevent climate change and its consequences (...) We must preserve biodiversity (...) We must prevent the consequences of pollution on health", continued the Head of State. "These are my three priorities for action and I suggest that they be the three priorities of the 'Grenelle de l'Environnement'.

He specified that this should lead to a contract between the State, local authorities, unions, companies and associations. "I want this contract to engage those responsible," insisted Nicolas Sarkozy.

This contract should initially cover a period of five years and the commitments made will be subject to an annual evaluation, he said.

He stressed that this was only a first contact, which would be followed by further consultations with NGOs and other stakeholders.

"CULTURAL CONVERSION"?

Working groups will meet in the coming weeks under the leadership of Alain Juppé.

They will focus on several themes: the fight against global warming, biodiversity, the impact of pollution on health, natural resources, rural development, dialogue with farmers and ecological governance.

During a press conference held separately, the Minister of State for Ecology, Sustainable Development and Planning stressed that the Head of State wanted to bring together the same partners again, on July 14, to "a progress meeting".

Nicolas Sarkozy proposed that interregional meetings and polls allow the French to "express themselves on what they consider to be a priority" and promised that there would be no "taboo subjects".

"There will be points of divergence. I do not want difficult subjects to be dodged," said the head of state. "I want the discussion to be frank and lead to ambitious decisions that go beyond the lowest common denominator."

After the meeting, which lasted more than an hour and a half, the president of Greenpeace France estimated that Nicolas Sarkozy and Alain Juppé had "shown a great sign of openness", even if the president recalled his positions in favor of nuclear.

"Whether it is on energy, nuclear power, agriculture or incineration, we will have hard points to negotiate," said Yannick Jadot. "But we hope that the conditions on which we have worked will allow these hard points to be tackled with confidence in order to have real breakthrough policies and bring France on the path of environmental excellence."

An opinion shared with a few nuances by the leaders of WWF, Friends of the Earth, Ecology Without Borders, the Climate Action Network, France Nature Environment and the ROC League (chaired by astrophysicist Hubert Reeves).

The environmentalist television host Nicolas Hulot, who had proposed to the candidates for the Elysee Palace; during the campaign, to sign an "ecological pact", for its part reported a kind of moratorium on the most sensitive issues.

“One thing has been recorded this morning,” he said. "This is because between now and the Grenelle de l'Environnement, in major subjects concerning sustainable development, no heavy decision will be taken. Everything will be suspended at the Grenelle de l'Environnement."

"There will be no decisions taken in the meantime," confirmed Alain Bougrain-Dubourg, president of the Bird Protection League. "It's one of the guarantees we got today."

"It seems to me that we are dispassionating the debate and the issue," said Nicolas Hulot, for whom the fact that a president and a right-wing minister devote their first Monday in power to these subjects augurs "perhaps to a cultural conversion ".

source:
http://fr.news.yahoo.com/21052007/290/sarkozy-propose-aux-ong-ecologistes-de-negocier-sur-trois-sujets.html
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 21/05/07, 20:26

Hello

for a guy who signs the construction of an EPR 15 days from his election, who appoints a accused ecologically responsible and 3 renegades in his band; I ask to see the ACTIONS. Because for 4 years with blah and hatred it has not produced much : Evil: : Evil:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 21/05/07, 21:52

Yes,

to see the actions.
Nicolas Hulot said that the discussion was very open, all topics were apparently discussed.

Propaganda - facade ????
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 21/05/07, 21:59

The ecological speakers, invited, are generally enthusiastic,
20 days from legislative ...
Next meeting, in October to deepen.

Meanwhile, GMOs will bear fruit per hectare in the fields, irreversibly.
The EPR project cannot go back.

It's better than it was under Chirac, here, we listen to associations, but what about extensions?

I remind you that with Bayrou, or Ségolène, it was all of ecology as a whole (+ GMO and EPR moratorium).

I remind you that Sarkosy is only interested in ecology, only by the side "Air du Temps" and especially for the possibility of excessively taxing (type "carbon tax"), to bring pépets in the budget of the state, which will be in deficit of 5 billion €, certainly and quickly (Bayrou confirmed this last night on FR3), with the loss due to tax gifts, for the exclusive benefit of the wealthy.
To balance the budget, it is to tax immediately, or to make the debt run out.
However, these are two proposals that he undertook to correct ...

By taxing ecology to only tax, he can get away with it, in a pirouette.

The problem is that Ségolène had bet on this same project, but differently: the revenues should go towards an economy oriented towards renewable energies, towards an investment in industry and new trades, which should make France a reference in Ecology (= Econology) ..
It is not the same purpose ...

Now that the carrots are cooked, to confirm the enthusiasm of the ecological associations consulted, the only way to ensure the coup for October, is to vote in the legislative elections, for candidates who have spoken without ambiguity, from the start, for an exceptional consideration of the ecological deal.
It is the only way to influence positively, the ecological and interested inclinations of our Impetuous President.
0 x
zac

by zac » 21/05/07, 22:02

freddau wrote:

Propaganda - facade ????

Now it's called COMUNICATION :P :P :P

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 21/05/07, 23:42

One thing is certain, our new President of the Republic is making an absolutely thunderous appearance, and especially where we least expected it: ecology.

Far from ignoring the machiavellian genius (in the first sense, that is, of political maneuvering) of Sarko, I can only be satisfied with what is happening for the moment.

Victory speech on the evening of the second round: Sarko declares that global warming will be his priority, especially in matters of foreign policy and teaches ecology in the USA. Personally, I was completely amazed at the time! : Shock:

Formation of the government: Sarko keeps overall its commitments of the Pacte Ecolo de Hulot and appoints a n ° 2 of the government for the environment. And he does it in the right way: the new ministry is in charge of territorial development, transport, energy !! The three key areas for acting on the environment! No complaints. We have to admit that he has it all. Agriculture was just missing ... but hey, we can't have everything.

Formation of the government bis: the new ministry is not given to just anyone: Alain Juppé! So yes it is an accused, yes it is not someone we can think of on the fact of the ecological question. I agree and I therefore remain suspicious. But that said, can we believe that a former Prime Minister, who comes out of a long crossing of the political desert, who has teeth that scratch the floor will gently sit in his place and play the second violins? Certainly not ! His personal ambition will force him to get his fingers out of the sky to exist! And therefore, given his position, to defend the environment and have ecological results!

First concrete action: NGOs, and not the less virulent (I am thinking of GreenPeace ...) are summoned to the Elysée to prepare for the already famous "Grenelle de l'Environnement"! Waouuuuwww !! : Shock:
It is severe! Environmental NGOs received by the government for the first time in France! It will almost put them on an equal footing with unions and employers !! We will say what we want, it's a sacred political advance!

As a bonus, Juppé in person went to "the question" in the show Riposte on France 5 on Sunday, May 20. Go see, it's over there.
(If someone knows how to save the video and put it online before France 5 deletes it from its server, it will be great!)
Everyone will make up their own mind. I think it was not ridiculous. Okay, I'm not fooled either, it's not Voynet ... But hey, we could have expected worse. He even managed to show a nuanced opinion on biofuels, which are nevertheless a sign where it is very easy to fall without a minimum of reflection.

In short, to be frank, as a convinced green voter who for nothing in the world would vote right for ecological reasons, I say it as I think: for 10 days it's Christmas !!

So, let's wait and see, let's support the NGOs to give them weight for the "Grenelle" in September or October. Let's participate. It is probably by political calculation that Sarko plays the super-ecologists. But in the meantime, it's up to us to wedge the door he has opened with our feet, and if he wants to close it, to block him. He creates enormous expectations, he will soon no longer be able to slip away suddenly under penalty of big big big political turmoil (broken promises, we will take to the streets!)

And if he is sincere in his political maneuvers, then I would be clearly surprised, but so much the better, the hour of change will have struck.

Even if we are far from loving the characters who govern, the main thing is that "the Cause" advances !! And there, she is far from going back.

THANK YOU HULOT !!!

Thank you for reading my novel, I await your reflections, if possible detailed and constructive!

Rulian

PS: I put on my bulletproof vest because I feel like I'm going to take it up in the face of this thread. But hey I assume. : Mrgreen:
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 22/05/07, 00:08

It's clear that it's Christmas I noticed too!

I still wonder if this is not an effect legislative elections, destruction of the PS and the MoDem, Sarko has always been very very clever.

But well, let's not be a bad language, let's see what will happen. That said for the different tax gifts will have to go to the cashier one day, and that we were not told what it would be.

He risks having an overwhelming majority, I think it would still be good to have moderators who are not necessarily opposed to ecological ideas (CAP21, MEI, ...) like members of the Democratic Movement (MoDem).

PS: damn shit but where did I put my gun : Mrgreen:
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 22/05/07, 00:21

Well, it is clear that if you have to be satisfied with the progress of things, you must not be stupid. Strong opposition will be absolutely necessary ... otherwise without a counterweight, this will be guaranteed. It strongly feels the big legislative maneuver to undermine the PS, Bayrou and the green electorates ...

But despite everything, I'm not sulking my pleasure for the moment : Cheesy:
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 22/05/07, 10:31

@Rulian,

You forgot 2 points in what was said recently.

Sarkozy and Juppé are for the EPR which is not a bad thing in itself, since it will make it possible to reprocess part of the waste from our current plants. This reprocessed waste will still be as dangerous but over a shorter period which can still be counted in thousands of years. But above all, the EPR will make large companies fat. In addition, the EPR will perhaps be greatly exceeded by the time the plant is built, if we can build it ... (I encourage you to follow the latest developments in the Z machine for example)
They are also for GMOs with field experiments .... In 5 years we may have gone from experimentation to sales ....

As for biofuels, failing to authorize petrol stations to sell them, they could at least legalize them so that those who use them are not threatened with heavy sanctions. After use who wants by following short channels.

Finally what will happen to this beautiful meeting once the right has the majority at the assembly! ???
See you in July the first measures will start to arrive ...

SixK
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 22/05/07, 11:58

Article on the Climate warming and the legislative, of a candidate of the Democratic Movement (Bayrou):

http://leblogpolitiquedebernardfrau.blo ... -2007.html
0 x