Marine Power Generator Park: JT FR2 20h 14-01-2008:

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Marine Power Generator Park: JT FR2 20h 14-01-2008:

by jean63 » 14/01/08, 23:06

Report seen on FR2 tonight:

http://jt.france2.fr/20h/

Recovery of marine energy (hole and currents) in Scotland.

Click on "Environment an energy generating marine park"
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Remundo

by Remundo » 15/01/08, 11:21

Ah yes, I saw this little report yesterday ...

It looks nice, now, the performance may not be thunder ... It seems that the swell engender relative displacements in rotation / translation on each node of the large snake, and that this is converted into electricity , probably by induction.

The coil tends to be worn, and therefore does not completely convert the vertical movement of the wave, as would be the case if it were firmly anchored to the bottom.

As for the tidal turbine, it's not new !!

But at the end of the report, the journalist is already worried about the repercussions on the environment of these devices ... What a marrade anyway! And fossil petroleum decay, maybe better?

She was even afraid that the tidal turbine would influence the ocean current! Unless you put a few thousand in the same place ... and it's not tomorrow the day before.

Any action has an impact, but I don't think that a tidal turbine or the coil is very dangerous ... especially next to greenhouse gas emissions.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/01/08, 11:33

What worries me about tidal turbines of all kinds is the resistance to storms ...

The energy difference between a "normal" sea and a rough sea is much greater than that of the air and when we know that some wind turbines bend ... for tidal turbines I do not imagine the safety constraints ...

Well speaking of storm here is another one planned for the next few days ...

ps: journalists are nazes ...
Last edited by Christophe the 15 / 01 / 08, 12: 03, 1 edited once.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 15/01/08, 11:46

Wind turbines mostly bend because of their foot, and a little because of their blades. It would suffice to orient the blades horizontally, a bit like on Kaplan turbines in hydraulics. Then as they are underwater, I am not sure that the current is overpowered during a storm, because the storm disrupts the flows, making them rather turbulent.

Finally, it is certain that in general, our facilities are very weak in the face of the forces of nature ... This should make us humble.

@+
0 x
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 27/01/08, 19:10

Video in-game advertising

Energy-generating marine park
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
Pierre-Yves
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pierre-Yves » 27/01/08, 19:34

What is desperate and scandalous is that French projects are lagging behind due to lack of funds.

EDF invests significantly in energy from the seas ... in Scotland and even creates subsidiaries there, but does not do so in France!

There is thus a tidal turbine project which has just spent several years looking for credits for an experiment, hydrohelix. Finally, the Brittany Region strongly supported the project and a 1 / 10th scale model (I believe) will be submerged.

http://www.hydrohelix.fr/

There is also the Searev project, a giant buoy producing electricity.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Searev

but their financial means are ridiculous compared to those of the Scottish ...
0 x
optimization, energy savings
http://www.avel-vor.fr