Nicolas Hulot are wrong ...

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/07, 20:43

Hulot has just gone to PPT news ... too bad he talks more about politics than concrete actions (those on his site are largely elusive ...)
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 23/01/07, 01:16

I approve of N.Hulot's decision. It was a wise decision, because going into politics was dangerous.

It is better that it remains outside and that it agitates the coconut palm when the policies do not move to advance the subject by putting the financial means (currently 0,3 of the global budget are allocated to the environment).

I just listened to the debate on the subject in "Mots Croisés" with Yves Calvi this evening after a 1st part on Abbé Pierre.

I do feel a "resemblance" between Abbé Pierre and Nicolas Hulot whom I will call "Abbé Pierre of ecology", because if he is as active and determined as Abbé Pierre, things should change, but without permanent goading, determination falls back to the benefit of unbridled consumption, without any thought for the future of our earth.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 23/01/07, 14:22

TASTE ON MODE:
c a shame, how to give hope to take it back so dry. for once we would not do a protest vote.

in the countryside nobody of the legible takes ecology seriously.

and now bo V which presents itself, it becomes ridiculous. 2002 bis

a little credibility, c too much asked ???

TASTE MODE OFF.

Hi all.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
biomethane
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by biomethane » 23/01/07, 14:32

Targol wrote:
For me, she is serious, but since I know that the guy José doesn’t necessarily have only admirers and, moreover, Econologie is not supposed to be forum political (whatever some subjects come close to), I prefer to put a Smiley.

Yes, but what is his opinion on renewable energies and biofuels?
I would love to know: on hvb, and the ethanol produced from beets and cereals from large farms, as well as on diester.

[GMO debate]
apart, give yourself the right to cut GMO corn fields.
Scientists are divided on the harmfulness of GMOs and he who is not a scientist knows that it is dangerous.
[/ GMO debate]
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 23/01/07, 15:24

Hello,
When preparing an election, it is not the big ideas that make the candidate be elected. Even less focus on ecology, the evidence go back and see the results of the green parties. To get elected, or fill up on votes
of voters there must be a discourse that joins the masses, the candidate must make the least stir before the election, it must be traditional and at the same time avangardist but not too much that scares the mass of those who will vote (because among the voters the layer which votes with a large% is more than 40 years old)
therefore the electoral program must meet their expectations as much as possible. The other voters who make noise and who shout loudly a large amount of little interest they do not vote.
Every politician will speak to you almost in the same way on the ecoology but in a reassuring way, never he will say that we will run out of energy, never he will say that it is necessary to tighten the belt, or that it will cost dear green life, if he talks about it, he has put words. It will tell you what the voter likes to hear,
the voter must try to (denote) what the elected politician is going to do once in his lapse, not say we will change it next time.

Andre
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 23/01/07, 15:39

nicolas H, will be more useful outside, elected he would have been stuck and, even corrupted ??
Having signed, his paper, he can shake the elected politician (if they don't silence him, one way or another !!)
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 23/01/07, 15:43

About José Bové
biomethane wrote:Yes, but what is his opinion on renewable energies and biofuels?
I would love to know: on hvb, and the ethanol produced from beets and cereals from large farms, as well as on diester.

I do not know exactly his opinion on these subjects. What I do know, however, is that he is an alter-globalist and has often demonstrated this in various positions. Now, alter-globalism is about giving back to people the power that the big multi-nationals that are above the states have confiscated from them. Renewable energies, in this perspective, can only be encouraged as well as their decentralization
As for biofuels, the same type of response: I think it would promote short cycles which benefit farmers more than refiners ...

biomethane wrote:[GMO debate]
Scientists are divided on the harmfulness of GMOs and he who is not a scientist knows that it is dangerous.
[/ GMO debate]

You have to know what danger we're talking about. Concerning GMOs, there are 2 types of danger:
  • Danger to humans : risk of cancer, genetic malformations (or mutations) by consuming GMO products directly (GMO popcorn, for example) or indirect (eating a steak made from beef fed with GM soybean meal, for example) . This risk there, no one cannot evaluate it for the moment, the technologies being too "young" to have real returns. On the other hand, a certain number of studies carried out in particular on rats, show alterations of the liver and testes under the effect of GMOs ( Link). These studies and the legitimate doubts that we could have on the effects on humans (we still touch the DNA which is the "basic program" (OS) of life) deserve that we apply the principle precautionary measure established in the constitution.
  • The danger for biodiversity : This danger is only present for field crops (not for confined crops) and concerns the risk that non-GMO plants are "polluted" by GMO genes during pollenization. This second danger is not to be underestimated because, as a biologist whose name I can no longer remember, GMOs are generally much less resistant and much more difficult to grow than non-standardized local varieties.

For these reasons, I thank him for risking his freedom and his money to remove this sword of Damocles from over the heads of my children.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 23/01/07, 19:14

biomethane wrote:[...] [GMO debate]
[/ GMO debate]
Really? : roll:

So why even Brussels recommends a moratorium on field cultivation?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 23/01/07, 19:17

Targol, the (recent) history of biology shows us that "confinement" is totally illusory ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 23/01/07, 22:08

TARGOL would you have sources a credible minimum?
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.

Down the talkers and ceiling fans!