Emissions CO2: how leaders lead by example

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Emissions CO2: how leaders lead by example

by martien007 » 17/05/08, 14:05

Austrian Minister of the Environment champion flying

AFP - 2 hours ago 2 minutesVIENNE (AFP) -

The Austrian Minister of the Environment is of all the members of the government the one who in 2007 has resorted the most to the plane, mode of transport considered as the most polluting, according to official figures published Saturday.

(Publicity)
Josef Pröll, who also takes over the Agriculture portfolio, flew 67.795 miles last year, nearly 3.200 more than Foreign Minister Ursula Plassnik, according to a response to a parliamentary question from the Greens (ecologists opposition).

Mr Pröll explained the large number of miles traveled by his participation in particular at the UN Conference on Sustainable Development in New York in May 2007 and at the Bali Conference (Indonesia) on global warming in December.

His firm said Saturday that the emissions caused by these flights, estimated at 22 tons of CO2, would be offset by investments in environmental projects

source yahoo news

And our Borloo, there is where emissions CO2, it must not be bad either: Groënlland, meeting on the warming in Bali ...

The best is surely Sarko: almost 300000 kms in 2007 !!!!!!! that to walk, it does not deprive, and after how dare to talk about reducing CO2 emissions.
They are not lacking in breath all these policies and these travelers "by plain" of all kinds.

I am more and more amazed by this hypocrisy.

offset the emissions of CO2 it's a nice scam. once the CO2 issued it's too late unfortunately; offsets, it does not act immediately and there we are dropped: the emissions they increase much faster than the meager compensation.

Finally from here 20 years it will cook very strong; There will be more to turn the page of humanity. they have gone crazy these humans.
0 x
Mesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Mesh » 17/05/08, 14:25

Remind me how many planes France sent to Colombia to try to recover Ingrid Betancourt?
Even so, what she lives is not to wish anyone.
0 x
About the sixth extinction of life on Earth?
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/05/08, 21:03

Even if our leaders are supposed to "lead by example" (hm hmm ...) this kind of cliche is for me to proscribe because they take away our responsibility, we the "people" ...

It's too easy to say but so natural (for example): "Look at politicians making no effort, so pkoi would I break my ass investing in a solar system?"

Big mistake because, all of us together, we are much more responsible for the future of global warming than 2 or 3 puppets (lobbies) governments ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 17/05/08, 22:36

You are not completely wrong, but a little measure of it please: it's a bit like reproaching your boss for inviting an important customer to lunch!
So, I know, the policies make blunders and mistakes, but I do not envy the agenda of some: get out of trading at 3 in the morning and be on the bridge at 9 hours!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 17/05/08, 22:58

Yes as a worker who works in Brigade all year ...

Your policy is not extraordinary, it's simply a puppet, which exposes what 65 advisors have concocted, pre-chewed, to the taste and flavor of other lobbies who know what they want.

I do not admire this man, mercenary interim, because it harms millions of people, embellishing "his projects" by simplistic demagogues, from the twists and turns of his mind, which certainly, suffered in his early childhood.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/05/08, 23:10

At the risk of appearing the hair scratch of service, and although each of you holds his share of truth ...

You do not believe, as Christophe says, that there is better to do than to villipend the President's air travel which are very necessary to represent and defend the interests of France abroad?

Christophe has judiciously opened a subject, which does not seem to interest anyone except Ahmed, Christophe and myself, on the project DESERTEC, and I can tell you that with this, if one day the nations have the courage to put it in place, we will hit it dry, flights by Sarko planes: Lol:
0 x