EcoTaxe access to city centers: for or against? Debate

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 17/11/06, 13:34

Because I have the impression that as soon as there is one who is rather against a tax, he is accused of false ecolo (haha the pun) : Mrgreen: )

You can be green and have a lot of good will without saying amen to everything that comes out that is supposedly for ecology.

Do not forget that it is the cash above all that turns a country.
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 17/11/06, 14:06

Hello

I am against taxes because it does not arrive never or they should. see the thumbnail etc ......
here at 5 years a solar water heater was worth 900 €; today challenges that more ready guarantee 2700 €. direct in the total pocket (they have a virtual monopoly on the island).
250m of black pipe + a wreck of water heater = 180 €, with the safety block, 1 hour of work; the same result. But € 2500 saved for the taxpayer : Mrgreen:
to clean up the cities, first of all, allow the cashier to park (a parked car pollutes less than when it turns to look for a place), will see the bus corridors (one more queue = less traffic jam) and principle of the stand bye for buses (when it is not full it does not leave).
prefer the metro to the bus and switch to "clean" fuel.
favor by taxing small cars and 2 wheels.
And above all screwing up the fuckin tight system : Evil:

I'm gonna take a steal of green wood, but it's okay I have a solid skin :P

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 17/11/06, 15:08

iota wrote:Because I have the impression that as soon as there is one who is rather against a tax, he is accused of false ecolo (haha the pun) : Mrgreen: )
Hmm ... it's amazing I seem to read someone else ... : roll:

iota wrote:You can be green and have a lot of good will without saying amen to everything that comes out that is supposedly for ecology.

Do not forget that it is the cash above all that turns a country.
What is especially important is to manage to defend your ideas by supporting them, when you are for or against something ...

Short...

That said, I had a small link to submit to you regarding this tax and I think our new friend Lukas stella has already read this article (published on 14/11).

Article Motor-Nature

I don't really agree with that, because for me, the urban toll is above all a means of reducing access to downtown areas of people who are moderately motivated to do otherwise when they can ... (it doesn't remind you of some recent discussion : Wink: ?)

Furthermore, I am not sure that this toll concerns residents.
And their pollution argument doesn't hold water for me, because even if it's cynical, 50 small "poor" cars pollute more than a single "rich" car ... :|

On the other hand, the idea of ​​a "pass" for ZEV vehicles is interesting from a perspective of controlling urban air pollution and promoting a means of transport much more suited to the urban area.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."