Help for the environment: feasible ideas

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
cgregoir
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Help for the environment: feasible ideas

by cgregoir » 11/02/09, 11:46

Hello,

We are students of the eneeiht (an engineering school in Toulouse) and we took part in a competition offered by the general company aimed at making people aware of the environment on a daily basis. The objective to be achieved is to come up with clear and achievable ideas aimed at binding the bank and its customers in order to offer alternatives that allow the environment to be protected. We have proposed certain ideas such as the green card or the variable rate account favored by energy savings ...
We would like everyone to participate in order to develop our ideas. If you are interested or curious leave us your opinion on our page:

http://www.citizenact.com/wiki_tou829.php

Thank you for your participation and see you soon perhaps to discuss some innovative ideas that have the real means to materialize!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/02/09, 11:59

Tssss if even the banksters start greenwashing ...

If they want to make a gesture for the environment they just have to make loans at zero rate !!

Or even better: to do patronage ... but I already know their contemptuous response!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/02/09, 12:42

Christophe wrote:If they want to make a gesture for the environment they just have to make loans at zero rate !!
!

You're too naive, Christophe: zero-rate loans are zero-rate for the end customer. It is the State which compensates the banks for their costs !!!

Well, often the State compensates badly (compared to what an average customer angry with maths is "charged" by a bank), hence the fact that there is less advertising for these subsidized loans than for the other "products" developed by the banks!

That they stop over-conditioning their sumptuous premises, flooding us with advertisements and mailings, that all give free access to the Internet (mine charges, so I refuse) we will travel less ... More vahce: qu 'they speculate less that will calm their computers and reduce consumption in traders' rooms ...

And for the rest, leave me alone. I am already obliged (finally obliged, willing - but difficult to do without a bank!) To pay for their escapades! Let me specify: I am not a client of Société Générale, or of CRédit Lyonnais, or of Dexia ... And despite everything affected !!!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/02/09, 13:21

: Arrowu: + 1 with Christophe

Using this card, the person will be able to benefit from reductions on a list of "green" products. These products, which will be referenced, can range from organic products to clean cars. In addition, the purchase of one of these green products also allows you to earn points on the card.

- The clean car does not exist. There are not even new electric cars available in France.
- The goal is to transfer savings made on consumption which is still a mess.
Even if it is an "organic" product,
to consume = to pollute

It is only greenwashing. : Evil:

Remember that banks are the most polluting "companies" on the planet because of the nature of their investments. studies have shown that each € invested by traditional French banks generates COLOSSAL pollution.

It has been shown that the main French banks have invested heavily in chemical, petroleum and industrial projects. HIGHLY detrimental to the environment.
Worse, the involvement of banks in threats to world peace is proven. Thus, Crédit Agricole has recently been pinned for its investments in armaments factories ...

More recently, a huge TURC hydraulic dam project, causing the "displacement of populations", the deprivation of resources of neighboring states bordering the river ... was rejected by German banks, in particular, for non-compliance with social criteria , environmental, ethical ...
All the French banks involved in this project had validated it. : Evil:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/02/09, 18:49

What banks could certainly do is welcome energy saving investments.

Let me explain: an example among thousands to make me understand:

My apartment is poorly insulated: I spend around 50 euros too much per month to heat myself. I would therefore like to be "well received" (that is to say with enthusiasm and realism and get my loan) to invest 1200 euros in insulation, with the added bonus of free or low-cost access to a consultancy office which will verify if my investments are wise.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be