- 55 ° C in Siberia: extreme cold warning / JT FR2 20h

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

- 55 ° C in Siberia: extreme cold warning / JT FR2 20h

by jean63 » 17/01/08, 23:58

A passive house would not be able to withstand without heating, or even the majority of our heating systems:

http://jt.france2.fr/20h/

click on "Cold: the state of emergency in Siberia"

Impressive report : Cry: ... we are really privileged to live in temperate regions, even André with his -20 ° C !!!
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
MethodTack
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MethodTack » 18/01/08, 08:50

rather -30 -35 that we have 8)

but -55 ... outch! it's really cold!

even with a block heater, I wonder if the car could leave in the morning!
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 18/01/08, 10:04

Yes, for these reasons it is necessary to warm up the engine with a fire placed under engine and transmission before being able to start, and then never stop the engine because after less than 2h of stop, all is fixed ... it is better not to not break down ...
The minimum t ° measured on land was -89.2 ° C at the Vostok station in Antarctica ...
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 18/01/08, 17:59

Hello
Chatham wrote:Yes, for these reasons it is necessary to warm up the engine with a fire placed under engine and transmission before being able to start, and then never stop the engine because after less than 2h of stop, all is fixed ... it is better not to not break down ...
The minimum t ° measured on land was -89.2 ° C at the Vostok station in Antarctica ...

In the mines of the North, we never stop the construction machinery just to enter the garage repair and oil change

In the cold weather a good blow of mass on an axle and it breaks
this is the purpose of using 4130 steel in aviation although Cessna blades from -30c this becomes brittle

Andre
0 x