49 voluntary reapers relaxed! Victory !!!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 05/06/08, 23:25

New twists to play with our nerves ...

: Shock: : Cheesy: : Evil: : Mrgreen: :?:

GMOs: 58 voluntary reapers relaxed in Chartres
The 58 anti-GMO activists tried in correctional in Chartres for having mowed a plot of transgenic corn on August 18, 2007 in Poinville (Eure-et-Loir) were released Thursday, less than two weeks after the vote by the Parliament of a law suppressing mowing.
In announcing the judgment, the president of the court Denis Roucou reported a "largely motivated decision", but did not specify the reasons. The prosecution did not immediately say whether it intended to appeal.
The relaxed Reapers let their joy burst out, coming out of the courtroom with cries of "We won! We won!".
"Our demands have been recognized by justice. We know why we are fighting and why we are going to continue the fight. We need as many citizens as possible to stand up against GMOs," Jean-Marie Loury told AFP, one of the voluntary reapers.
"This decision shows that the law voted by the deputies on GMOs is out of play," he also said.
The Parliament adopted on May 22 the very controversial law on GMOs, which transposes a European directive of 2001 and recognizes "the freedom to consume and to produce with or without GMO" in France.
In Chartres, the hearing was held fortuitously that same May 22, the day of the adoption of the law establishing a crime of mowing, but whose implementing decrees have not yet appeared.
A first hearing, on October 9, 2007, was postponed at the request of the prosecutor Philippe Peyroux, "taking into account" the planned meeting of the "Grenelle of the environment, the conclusions of which could be of a nature to enlighten justice".
Seven months later, whatever the case, the prosecutor of the Republic of Chartres had requested sentences of 3 months imprisonment suspended and 500 euros fine against them. He also demanded an additional fine of 300 euros for 23 of the 58 reapers, who had refused a DNA sample while in police custody.
The defense had pleaded acquittal. Addressing the judges, Me François Roux had called for "the fight for rights, freedoms and for the protection of (their) independence vis-à-vis the State", and to fight "against those who want to confine the action of judges to that of robots ".
One of the reapers' lawyers, Me Jean-Paul Susini, welcomed the decision, stressing: "we have worked well, it is a decision that goes in the direction of history, it will certainly weigh on the trial which is being held at this very moment in Toulouse ".
Forty-one reapers, including José Bové, are currently on trial in Toulouse by the criminal court for "destruction of the property of others committed in a meeting", after having pulled up several hectares of GMO corn (Mon 810) in July 2006 in Ox (Haute -Garonne). Five of them appear for "serious damage to the property of others committed in a meeting" in Daux (Haute-Garonne).
The debates with the witnesses should take place Friday morning, followed in the afternoon by the pleadings and the indictment of the prosecutor, specified the president Guillaume Roussel.
In 2003, reapers had already been released to the correctional system at Versailles. In December 2005, the jurisdiction of Orléans issued an identical opinion. On appeal, the reapers have so far been condemned.

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/depeches ... rtres.html
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 06/06/08, 09:55

Oh yes !

the French state may be pro lobbyist, it can not do anything against European directives!
apart from paying the fine of course ... except that it is we who pay it ...

ditto for rolling in oil! but there is no collective created yet ...
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 06/06/08, 17:29

The prosecution announced today that it will appeal, so it's not over.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 01/07/08, 17:16

The GMO law was published on June 26, 2008:
http://www.journaldelenvironnement.net/ ... DE&ctx=257

To celebrate this event, a bit of open vandalism ...
: Mrgreen:

Four GMO plots mowed in the Gers and Haute-Garonne
TOULOUSE - Four plots of GMO corn were mowed by the collective of Faucheurs volunteers in the night from Sunday to Monday in the Gers and in Haute-Garonne, we learned on Monday from the gendarmes.
In the Gers, said the gendarmerie, three plots of GMO crops were "trampled, torn up and left behind": two, with an area of ​​13.500 m2 and 3.000 m2 from the company Sygenta / Pioneer in Condom, and the one, of 2.700 m2, from Monsanto, in Mauroux in the north of the department.
In Haute-Garonne, a plot of GMO crops of 4.000 m2 from Monsanto was "mown or crushed" in the night in Beaumont-sur-Lèze, added the gendarmerie.
The collective of the voluntary Reapers claimed Monday, in a telephone call to AFP, these four anti-GMO operations.
"By this act, the voluntary Reapers denounce the irreversible contaminations brought to the environment without any independent scientific study in the medium and long term having been previously carried out", explained the collective.
They also denounce the law on genetically modified organisms (GMOs), adopted at the end of May, "not respecting the Grenelle de l'Environnement which was to protect the right to produce and consume without GMOs", the group said.
"The voluntary Reapers will continue their actions to protect French agriculture by disobeying non-violently, despite the + aggravated mowing offense + introduced into the law", added the collective.
(© AFP / June 30, 2008 19:08 p.m.)

http://www.romandie.com/infos/news2/080 ... dqe06s.asp
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 03/07/08, 00:14

Fortunately, there are still some altruists ready to give up their freedom for the health of the majority ...
If only I didn't have 2 children and a woman to feed, I think I would already be in jail for mowing ...

THANKS TO THEM !!!
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
mychka59
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mychka59 » 03/07/08, 01:29

Good evening!

I'm new to this forum so excuse me in advance for the question ...

I hear about HVB in this topic .. What is it ??

Thank you in advance !
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 03/07/08, 10:00

of HVB GMOs : roll:

Targol wrote:Fortunately, there are still some altruists ready to give up their freedom for the health of the majority ...
If only I didn't have 2 children and a woman to feed, I think I would already be in jail for mowing ...

THANKS TO THEM !!!

worry no one went to jail except bové but it was a conspiracy that messed up elsewhere, because the european directives are with us, like to roll in oil (organic ;-)
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 05/07/08, 11:12

mychka59 wrote:Good evening!

I'm new to this forum so excuse me in advance for the question ...

I hear about HVB in this topic .. What is it ??

Thank you in advance !

HVB: Crude Vegetable Oil also called HVP for (Pure Vegetable Oil).
Agrofuel with short supply chain: in contrast to E85 or biodiesel which require refining, HVB consists in putting oil (rapeseed, sunflower) directly in the tank of diesel cars.
Normally, any diesel accepts, without modification, up to 30% of oil mixed with diesel. Above 30%, depending on the car, an adaptation may be necessary (heater to thin the diesel, in particular).
On the other hand, in France, it is completely illegal.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 07/07/08, 09:58

uh no no, otherwise we wouldn't drive with it, man! -)
otherwise excellent remarks on the HVB.

indeed it is not illegal because europe imposes the use of biofuel via its directives since 2005 (beginning, 2003, happy remembering ;-) of which the HVB is part with diester and ethanol, but of which it does not recognize the existence because uninteresting for it because untaxable because no added value in industrial transformation etc ... in return it therefore pays (us!) a amemde as such.

proof that this is not illegal (not legal either): the mayor of the lot and Garonne has won his administrative court (and therefore exercise caution) against the state for having put 30% oil in his garbage trucks!

to find out how to speak to customs officials, who are the only ones who can verbalize in these cases:
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/oil/fritomobile/fritomobile.html

0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."