3 employees on 4 work at + 25 km from their home

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

3 employees on 4 work at + 25 km from their home

by jean63 » 27/03/07, 01:00

And this is how we consume petroleum products while producing CO2 at the same time to kill our dear planet ==>

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/26032007/5/pre ... -leur.html

On average, the home-work distance in France is 25,9km, but it is less than 7,9km for half of the employees. Those who live in urban centers work on average 23,6km from home, closer than those in peri-urban areas (30,5km) or predominantly rural space (28,4km). The inhabitants of the urban area of ​​Paris work on the whole closer to home than the inhabitants of the other large urban areas of more than 200.000 inhabitants: 18,8km on average against 29,7km.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/03/07, 08:50

well yes ..... the corons and the places that we keep all our life, it's over!
people are looking for a more pleasant and affordable home and are trying to reconcile the work of Mr and Mrs (there are more women working than before 1960)

in addition, for owners, changing houses costs a fortune: in Belgium, the price of the house adds 6 to 20% of notary fees and registration fees, completely lost for the buyer. On the price of a house of 125000 euros, you can afford a few liters of gas!

and do not believe that telework solves all the problems: if you stay working at home, you must heat and light! (in my opinion, represents about 500 liters of fuel per year)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 27/03/07, 09:03

and do not believe that telework solves all the problems: if you stay working at home, you must heat and light! (in my opinion, represents about 500 liters of fuel per year)

And yet that would solve the problem of pollution on the ground by cars + CO2 emission for global warming.

It's only a part but it's still that.

For the house, it cannot be without heating all the time because when you come home in the evening you don't come in a cooler.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/03/07, 09:45

home heating: a bi-weekly weekly thermostat

(drop to 17 ° C during the day, rise to 20 p.m. around 16 p.m. - 17 p.m.)

costs the colossal sum of 30 euros!

(there are also 200 euros)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/03/07, 10:11

25 km wow!!

Mind-blowing ... I thought it was not 2km but 25 km on average it seems really crazy ...

It joins one of my 15 environmental questions for candidates who went unnoticed:

12) The State launches awareness campaigns against global warming, but it disadvantages eco-responsible behavior. Example: does it make sense to subsidize solar panels when business trips are largely tax exempt?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/03/07, 10:20

elephant wrote:and do not believe that telework solves all the problems: if you stay working at home, you must heat and light! (in my opinion, represents about 500 liters of fuel per year)

We've been "telecommuting" for almost a year ...I can tell you that it is largely economically profitable (well it depends what you want because you are not sure to have a fixed income at the end of the day). Or for 2, conso. electric of 200 kWh per month and 1200 L of oil (fuel oil). I doubt that if we had both worked "at 2 km" it would have been better ...

For your hypothesis just check: according to these stats if we worked together we would do about 2 km per day (since we would have 100 vehicles without carpooling of course like 2% of couples) ... either 99,9km per month or 2100 km per year (we will neglect the holidays) at the rate of 25200 L per 5, we are already at 100 * 252 = 5 L ...

In short, roughly speaking, we would double our CO2 emissions ... and I'm very kind on the 5/100 consumption ... on the other hand, the apartment we rent is not very energy-optimized ... it does not prevent teleworking it is "econologically profitable" (except for oil tankers) ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/03/07, 10:21

elephant wrote:home heating: a bi-weekly weekly thermostat

Uh it is not fitted as standard on new boilers this kind of thing? It should be mandatory in any case ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/03/07, 13:13

the war between the various suppliers and the state of the portfolio of the builders are such that it is part of the "options" in the quotes.

When you have a good seller, he comes in with the options order, otherwise ....
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/03/07, 13:19

Christophe said

It's been almost a year that we "telecommute" ... I can tell you that it is ecologically largely profitable (well it depends what we want because you are not sure to have a fixed income at the end at least). Or for 2, conso. electric of 200 kWh per month and 1200 L of oil (fuel oil). I doubt that if we had both worked "at 2 km" it would have been better

happy for you, but in any case it is not possible for everyone.
To each his calculation .....
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 27/03/07, 16:15

blah

There is more work that solves everything and without cons for produced multinationals they are bad. Selling is fine, but the customer doesn't just buy wind : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

A chicken against a drain is not money, but it works very well.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."