The 1er February we cut it!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: March 1 or do it again?

by Targol » 26/02/07, 16:18

jean63 wrote:4 - Install photovoltaic cells on the roofs of houses and sell the surplus to EDF

In my opinion, it would be more judicious, even if it means becoming an electricity producer, to try to organize one's autonomy.
Rather than reselling to EDF (and therefore remaining dependent on centralized production), why not impose a double circuit in all new houses:
  • one in 220V AC powered by EDF,
  • the other in 12V (or 24V) continuous

: Arrow: Circuit 220 would mainly be used for devices that consume electricity (washing machine, fridges, freezer, tools, in short, caricaturing, anything with an engine).
: Arrow: The DC circuit would be used to power all the electronics (Hifi, screens without tubes, computer, ...) and lighting thus avoiding transformers 220V ~ -> 12V - the often pitiful output that we find in all these devices .

Initially, for people who do not have their own means of production (PV panels, wind turbines, micro hydraulics), the 12 V circuit would be supplied by a high-efficiency transformer from 220V (which would continue to operate when the means of production own would be under capacity).
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 26/02/07, 19:41

Bonjour,

March 1: 55 minutes of respite for the planet

Targol wrote:And this EVERY DAY. Not 5 minutes here, 55 minutes there.
The state of our planet is such that these symbolic actions are not enough anymore

totally agree with you Targol ..
as much i defended the initiative February 1, especially for its symbolism and its impact of comm ...., as much I find it becomes stupid to repeat it, because that means that we did not understand everything .. I think .... .. !!!

but OK ...

cordially :?
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: March 1 or do it again?

by jean63 » 27/02/07, 00:46

Targol wrote:
jean63 wrote:4 - Install photovoltaic cells on the roofs of houses and sell the surplus to EDF

In my opinion, it would be more judicious, even if it means becoming an electricity producer, to try to organize one's autonomy.
Rather than reselling to EDF (and therefore remaining dependent on centralized production), why not impose a double circuit in all new houses:
  • one in 220V AC powered by EDF,
  • the other in 12V (or 24V) continuous

: Arrow: Circuit 220 would mainly be used for devices that consume electricity (washing machine, fridges, freezer, tools, in short, caricaturing, anything with an engine).
: Arrow: The DC circuit would be used to power all the electronics (Hifi, screens without tubes, computer, ...) and lighting thus avoiding transformers 220V ~ -> 12V - the often pitiful output that we find in all these devices .

Initially, for people who do not have their own means of production (PV panels, wind turbines, micro hydraulics), the 12 V circuit would be supplied by a high-efficiency transformer from 220V (which would continue to operate when the means of production own would be under capacity).

Very good idea.

I was talking about reselling to EDF because it is the option chosen by Greenpeace, but I have the impression that it was abandoned.
Last edited by jean63 the 27 / 02 / 07, 09: 31, 2 edited once.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 27/02/07, 09:28

Targol => I do not know what happened: your post which I quote below has disappeared !!

Targol wrote:
jean63 wrote:Bravo Targol ................but what do you think of my proposals that could avoid building new nuclear power plants?

I agree with you so much that I wrote a few months ago a blog post which says almost the same thing with the nuance that I attack the signs and the light advertisements when you are considering the public lighting side.

In my opinion, it will be more difficult to tackle public lighting because it is synonymous, in the minds of many people of safety.

As for the seasonal lighting set up for the holidays, I am not sure that our fellow citizens are ready to abandon this "tradition" ...

The luminous signs, I had forgotten ..... as far as public lighting is concerned, I am not against it provided that it is greatly reduced. On this subject, this morning, while passing in front of my laurel hedge which runs along the street, I noticed that they are turning yellow (see becoming brown) while on the inside ground side which does not see the light, the hedge is perfectly green ........... there is no photo !!! in fact there is going to be PHOTO because I'm going to take this step, take a picture of this hedge on the battery and college side, and I'll talk about it at the town hall.

The lighting is orange (low sodium consumption?) And I do not feel this color for poor green plants all night; it is well known that they also need rest at night. I will try to find the site of "fight" against the abusive night lighting (I believe that they are the amateur astronomers).
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 27/02/07, 10:50

jean63 wrote:Targol => I do not know what happened: your post which I quote below has disappeared !!

: Shock: :?: : Shock: :?: I still see it: this is the last message on page 13 ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 27/02/07, 13:55

Targol wrote:
jean63 wrote:Targol => I do not know what happened: your post which I quote below has disappeared !!

: Shock: :?: : Shock: :?: I still see it: this is the last message on page 13 ...

.... Well yes, I missed it ..... yet I didn't drink anything alcoholic this morning, but 13 page, there may be a reason: I live in a 13, I own an old house (inherited from an aunt) n ° 13, my wife was born on a 13, ... in 1992 in Val-d ' Isère during the downhill or giant slalom event at the Albertville Olympic Games, I was at the bottom of the track and we were waiting for the feat of Franck Picard who had won the descent a few days before ........ ..we saw him arrive off track, he had missed one of the 1st doors and he wore ..... the n ° 13.

..did you know that on planes there is no place n ° 13? and yes they are supersticious, I even think that in some hotels it is the same. I do not know if the Concorde which crashed on a hotel in Gonnesse had a place 13 .... and the hotel a room 13? .... : Lol:

To return to the subject, I wrote at the beginning:
What you have to ask is to remove a large part of street lighting which is useless: Lumberjack gave the annual consumption figure: 4 terawatts in France I believe ... and unnecessary lighting there are some a dime a dozen (store windows in cities) + the exorbitant consumption of all the RICH who do not look at their bills so have no interest in saving anything: read the book "How the rich destroy the planet" by Hervé KEMPF (ed Threshold); we understand a lot of things.

....... you read correctly = 4 terawatts : Evil: : Evil:

By the way ..... Bucheron come back with us, you bring a lot of information even if we do not always agree.
Last edited by jean63 the 27 / 02 / 07, 14: 02, 2 edited once.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 27/02/07, 13:58

it's 13 impressive all that : Cheesy:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 27/02/07, 14:03

Targol wrote:it's 13 impressive all that : Cheesy:

and the 4 terawatts .... what do you think?
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 27/02/07, 14:36

jean63 wrote:and the 4 terawatts .... what do you think?

Only bad, of course.
All this wasted energy just to be able to sell light bulbs, it makes me Image
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 27/02/07, 14:42

Why is there no independent 24V circuit in the houses ?! Maybe because of the demand for current and the losses that this could generate on the lines ...

I do not know the average intensity if you connect a HiFi system, a television, a DVD player and a PC for example ... But I think that we would quickly arrive at significant intensities ... Consequently significant line losses RxI² !!

This is why it is preferable to use an AC-DC converter to overcome this type of problem. Indeed, if we use a 240V to 1A line, then we have 240W of power available. Thus, we can operate a device that consumes 24V DC with 10A.
In conclusion, the difference to transport these two energies is that we would have 100 times more losses in 24V (RxI² = 100xR) than in 240V (RxI² = 1xR).

Hence, EDF's choices (the same for the 400V)!
0 x