The 1er February we cut it!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

The 1er February we cut it!

by Christophe » 14/01/07, 16:53

Received by email, I find the initiative interesting, if there is "enough" to do it, maybe EdF will feel it and the media will relay it?

February 1, 2007, throughout France: Take part in the greatest mobilization of citizens against Climate Change!

The Alliance for the Planet (national group of environmental associations) launches a simple appeal to all citizens, 5 minutes of respite for the planet: everyone turns off their lights and lights on February 1, 2007 between 19:55 p.m. and 20:00 p.m.

It is not a question of saving 5 minutes of electricity only that day, but of drawing the attention of citizens, the media and decision-makers to the waste of energy and the urgency to switch to action! 5 minutes of respite for the planet: it doesn't take long, it doesn't cost anything, and it will show presidential candidates that climate change is a subject that must weigh in the political debate.

Why the 1st of February ? On this day, the new report of the United Nations climate experts group will be released in Paris. This event will take place in France: this opportunity should not be missed to shine a spotlight on the urgency of the global climate situation.

If we all participate, this action will have a real media and political weight, less than three months before the presidential election!

Circulate this call as much as possible around you and in all your networks!

Contact / information: Cyrielle, Friends of the Earth: 01 48 51 18 95.

Well, I'm going to quibble, but electricity in France is not really responsible for climate change ... well, since we are nuclear and compared to other countries ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/07, 16:57

ps: be careful all the same ... what would happen if 10 million French households cut their general at the same time (same as for 5 minutes)?

A big mess on the RTE ... I suppose ... if not worse ...

A bit as if all the customers of a bank wanted to withdraw all the liquidity from their current and savings account ... the bank would shoot the mouth : Mrgreen:
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 14/01/07, 17:17

if it is followed, a risk of overvoltage, due to the disorganization of the network ???? right?
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 14/01/07, 17:29

last 5h cut-off, restart: grilled VCR + demodulator + more in a few moments (likely) : Evil:
insurance by obsolescence, surely does not work! not cost: 200 €
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 14/01/07, 17:50

Hello,
If everyone cuts this will not pose any serious problem for the distributor, the problem will happen when everyone will re-embark, the risk of knocking over complete and dominau sectors. If the EDF is not organized to this kind of cut
When there is a large cut, the load must be distributed progressively, the hydro distributes the current by sector gradually to prevent everyone from suddenly pulling on the network, a thousand engines that start at the same time that is all a pick in the sub-networks.
I think that this method is not very demanding in the face of this energy.
I would rather have everyone refuel at the same time at the same petroleum and stop getting supplies from others, Their problem is fuel storage, We are living this with fuel oil because of the mild winter that we know ..

Andre
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 14/01/07, 23:22

If we all participate, this action will have a real media and political weight, less than three months before the presidential election!

......... you speak, they do not care, they only want to be elected ..... just funny to see what happens on restart! but if it should gun down our devices, better not have fun!

The problem is that everyone uses this famous Energy (electricity, gas, fuel oil, petrol, diesel, LPG, etc.).

It is the squaring of the circle.

What you have to ask is to remove a large part of street lighting which is useless: Lumberjack gave the annual consumption figure: 4 terawatts in France I believe ... and unnecessary lighting there are some a dime a dozen (store windows in cities) + the exorbitant consumption of all the RICH who do not look at their bills so have no interest in saving anything: read the book "How the rich destroy the planet" by Hervé KEMPF (ed Threshold); we understand a lot of things.

You just have to imagine Dubai with all its madness of billionaires who go so far as to make snow by 50 ° outside for all these rich can ski in Dubai and the clims of all these luxurious apartments ..... etc

There are a dime a dozen ... we are really very small consumers and we would like to blame ourselves. Of course if we add all the small savings, in the end it is not negligible, but frankly it is the very rich who consume A LOT in all areas for example they "race" to the one who will have the most large yacht (30 billionaires in Russia, etc ....).
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 15/01/07, 02:20

jean63 wrote:[...] There is a dime .... we are really very small consumers and we would like to make us feel guilty. Of course if we add all the small savings, in the end it is not negligible, but frankly it is the very rich who consume A LOT in all areas for example they "race" to the one who will have the most large yacht (30 billionaires in Russia, etc ....).
Eliminate the consumption of the very rich and you will gain ... absolutely nothing!

It is better that the "mass" save even 10%, that will be much more significant ... It is perhaps not very moral but it is realistic ... :|
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Other

by Other » 15/01/07, 05:51

Hello
It is better that the "mass" save even 10%, that will be much more significant ... It is perhaps not very moral but it is realistic ...

it's not moral, but it's mathematical, the same thing when it comes time to impose, to tax even by imposing the handful of rich you will not be able to fill the holes, just that for public opinion it does well in an electoral companion that we are going to increase the taxes of the wealthy big (anyway they did not pay and when they paid he fucks their accounting firm at the door.
taxpayers and taxpayers this is distributed among the largest layer of society, the salaried class, the workers, the poor.
Are excluded, the very poor and the very rich and if we make a calculation it is this layer which is the least numerous.

As for the effort for greenhouse gases it is precisely when the third world and China will industrialize, that it will be almost impossible to set standards for this gigantic machine, which will enter from full foot in consumption with their rules, not those of the international community. The most powerful country in the world does not want to know anything about international rules.
When the forest burns, it must be extinguished when the fire is at its beginnings, once well connected it is watched burn ...

Andre
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 15/01/07, 10:01

Hello,

1 + ....

Unfortunately I think you are right!

You have to have been in these countries to see how bad the pollution is ... there, their main concern is to survive ... the means don't matter !!! In major Asian or Indian cities, because you must not forget India, it is unbreathable !!!

Still, let's hope that changes ....

A + Serge.
0 x
Respect !!!
Polo
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Polo » 21/01/07, 21:39

Hi,
You will then make history 5 min?
0 x
"I fear nothing, I hope for nothing, I am free" Nikos kazansakis