The "100% renewable" is possible therefore to 2050 Negawatt

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: the "100% renewable" is possible from 2050 for Negawatt

by sen-no-sen » 26/01/17, 19:15

izentrop wrote:Even if politicians lose interest in the nuclear, stink ball topic, it will not be abandoned so far, given that we know how to make nuclear that does not run away and virtually without waste, the multinationals will seize and the states will will have to take care of the dismantling of the REPs. The remaining waste is harmful less than 300 years if we do not find a way to recycle them.

One of the best solutions would indeed be to get nuclear energy out of nuclear power via an accelerator-driven nuclear reactor, which would avoid leaving future generations waste that people would not know what to do.
The problem is that currently the political field is divided into two camps with one side of the nucleocrats who want to impose on us EPR replacing the REP(radioactive musical chair games ...), and on the other, environmentalists who want to get out of nuclear power as quickly as possible without proposing solutions for waste ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 26/01/17, 20:37

without proposing solutions for waste ...
there is no known security solution.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/01/17, 21:46

izentrop wrote:It is hard to believe how fast the forests are currently exploited and even less so for nuclear power.

As very often the case in this kind of scenario, one describes ideal situations, technically "feasible" with a few approximations and a lot of voluntarism, the deadline not being, at least from my point of view a real problem (if it is was 2075 or 2100 instead of 2050, why not).

On the other hand, we never talk about the economic drivers that make that dynamically it could be done, that it will start moving.

This scenario is particularly focused on building energy efficiency. It's been at least 10 years we talk about renovating 1 million homes a year, I think it was 5 years ago a promise from our outgoing president (the closure of Fesseinheim has far more resisted in the long run in terms promise ...), but hey, nothing to do, it's still about 4 times less.

So we can discuss eternally the technical feasibility, but this is not the real subject .... The cheapest energy is the one that we do not consume, it's just wrong, at least today .

Finally, on the Izentrop interrogation, the scenario only foresees a multiplication by 2 of the primary energy from solid biomass, from 120TWh today to about 250TWh, cf. p32 of the synthesis file). Not completely unrealizable from my point of view.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 10/02/17, 21:07

sicetaitsimple wrote:
So we can discuss eternally the technical feasibility, but this is not the real subject .... The cheapest energy is the one that we do not consume, it's just wrong, at least today .

This is a good point, however, the profound changes that we will undergo soon will quickly change the situation.
The current mode of development should not more than a few years (between 3 and 15 years ...), solutions so they will have to find and quickly before the collapse.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: "100% renewable" is possible from 2050 for Negawatt

by lilian07 » 01/03/17, 22:56

The scenario of Negawatt in minutes 3 that seems achievable without major constraints but must be put right now ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXIaQLCVB2M

Edited by Remundo: reminder, to embed a video directly into the forum, here is the code to write in your messages

code: Select all

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXIaQLCVB2M[/bbvideo]
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: "100% renewable" is possible from 2050 for Negawatt

by ENERC » 03/03/17, 17:56

Good video!

We go straight to the electricity shortage without really choosing:

Let's look at the programs of Macron and Hamon aligned on the energy transition law: 50% of nuclear in 2025, about 35 GW of nuclear (to compare to the 63 of today). And we replace this decline by what? I have not seen an investment plan in their programs, except for a few small billions of euros on 5 years. If we go towards the renewable, it is necessary in 150 GW renewable, about 150 billion of investment. Or 15 EPR, still 150 billion euros.

For MLP or Fillon, we keep our plants, and what will we do in 20 years when they reach their age limit, and they will be in maintenance half the time (as Fessenheim 2 shows that goes on a stop). No more, no massive investment plan.

Our park is aging and no policy is measuring the situation. And we are no longer in the 70 years where money was flowing and EDF was making a lot of money and no debt.

Still two quinquennates without decision on the issue of energy, and yes we will be forced to negawatt. : Shock:
1 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."