Search found 361 results

by Gébé
01/08/10, 22:38
Forum : Fossil fuels: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)
Subject : Nuclear Energy: all your questions!
answers: 460
views: 195569

On the contrary, I find that the media hardly talk about it... To be able to produce scientific publications, you have to invest in research. However, for the moment, all the credits go to ITER which will never produce electricity. I should have said indeed the "rare" publications!! The...
by Gébé
01/08/10, 22:34
Forum : Fossil fuels: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)

:lol: no serious economist is able to precisely fix the cost of dismantling the nuclear fleet! EDF to provision 6 billion euros out of the 60 recommended by the Court of Auditors.... . It is possible, but these calculations were made in 2003, a period in which the "principle of pre...
by Gébé
01/08/10, 20:50

Hydrogen-boron fusion power plants could be the ideal complement to solar energy. By design (they work like an internal combustion engine) they can be started and stopped almost instantly. I find it a little surprising that for 4 or 5 years the main...
by Gébé
01/08/10, 20:05

Source econologie.com: https://www.econologie.com/le-prix-d-une-centrale-nucleaire-et-le-cout-du-kwh-nucleaire-articles-3695.html nuclear reactor? What is the cost price of a nuclear kWh? Answers... Nuclear power plants in the 1000 megawatt range (...
by Gébé
01/08/10, 19:20

I think I misspoke: with solar, the cheapest electricity will of course be during the day. So the cheapest rate will also be during the day, and the current night peak will be moved during the day, which in any case will better correspond to domestic and na...
by Gébé
01/08/10, 17:31

What is the difference in electrical power between summer and winter? It's... electric heating! Nuclear power poses few problems in balancing production/consumption between summer and winter, the same is not true for absorbing the winter consumption peaks that occur...
by Gébé
31/07/10, 21:32

bernardd wrote: The 90GW of production power in France at the maximum in the evening in winter is only 3KW per dwelling.

Er.... and where is the sun at this time???
by Gébé
29/07/10, 13:57
Subject : Germany in 2050 without nuclear
answers: 250
views: 93925

gébé wrote: A detail too, to go up the water you need a hell of a lot of energy that only a nuclear power plant can provide today. It is quite possible to use wind power for "turbine pumping" (in Spain, there is a device of this kind). The "overflow...
by Gébé
28/07/10, 23:51

Yes, but you produce your electricity with hydraulic power, full stop It's linked to an exceptional natural situation (I'm not jealous :wink: ) the rest is decoration Your biggest hydraulic power station alone represents almost 6 nuclear slices and you are 8 times...
by Gébé
28/07/10, 23:27

Neither Germany nor France have Québec's natural resources and EDF will never be Hydro-Québec

Go Advanced search