Search found 6856 results

by sen-no-sen
30/08/09, 12:23
Forum : Fossil fuels: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)
Subject : The largest source of primary energy, coal
answers: 292
views: 137721

Strong growth is necessary, we must not forget that nearly a billion people do not have enough to eat, and do not have access to health, safety and education. Growth should not be seen only from an "ultra liberal" point of view. highflyaddict you say: I do not see p ...
by sen-no-sen
29/08/09, 19:13
Forum : Fossil fuels: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)

highflyaddict you say: Well no! Why then would strong growth be "necessary in most of the world"? Or rather for whom? For everyone's happiness? .... My eye ! Strong growth is necessary, we must not forget that nearly a billion people do not ...
by sen-no-sen
29/08/09, 16:41

But, is it not the large-scale projects that are already the cause of the current disaster (even if it is not us who will suffer the most [for the moment!])? the current large-scale projects you refer to are based on obsolete and polluting technologies. highflyaddict t ...
by sen-no-sen
25/08/09, 18:50

Regarding your remark Ahmed ", isn't he confused here between human development and economic growth?" Yes indeed our society considers everything from an economic point of view. It is far from the gross national happiness of Bhutan ... Nevertheless if we want to avoid a disaster to come (nat ...
by sen-no-sen
24/08/09, 16:15

[quote] do you prefer to leave nature intact and useless and continue to exhaust fossil fuels: [quote] It is possible to combine unspoiled nature and human development. Let us not forget that the planet does not belong to us, but that we are part of itself. Thinking of Nature as being ...
by sen-no-sen
22/08/09, 10:57

"a primary and wild forest is completely useless from a carbon point of view: the wood grows and rots"
Don if we follow your logic, the great primary forests are useless : Shock: !
by sen-no-sen
21/08/09, 11:57

There should be a special forest topic, because there is a lot to say.
Regarding "a real forest" and I may have expressed myself badly, I wanted to talk about primary forest (or wild because in France ...)
by sen-no-sen
20/08/09, 18:22

Look at aerial images, forests and woods are very "sectorized", that is to say cut up and separated from each other (generally by meadows, fields) which is detrimental to biodiversity, it is not the Siberian taiga.
by sen-no-sen
20/08/09, 14:52

The absolute priority is to start by stopping deforestation on a global scale, because the latter is a powerful vector of Ges (forest fires, etc.). In France the forests are doing well, it seems ... compared to the Middle Ages or indeed deforestation was very strong (an entire forest ...
by sen-no-sen
20/08/09, 13:37

If you want to get CO02 at a good price and without spending a lot of energy ..... plant trees, but I don't think that is "bankable" enough for some.

Go Advanced search