Search found 6856 results

by sen-no-sen
24/10/09, 20:17
Forum : Company and Philosophy
Subject : Tonight or never, Allègre VS Janco, Yann Arthus B, Veolia ..
answers: 38
views: 23824

Fast neutron reactors of the Super Phoenix type use as liquid heat carrier liquid..sodium: which has a slight tendency to explode on contact with water; Fireman's nightmare.
Super Phoenix contained 4000 tons of it I believe ...
by sen-no-sen
05/10/09, 20:30
Forum : Media and news: TV shows, reports, books, news ...
Subject : They will not dare anyway? Oil in the Arctic?
answers: 36
views: 14170

Desertec is a very interesting project, the major problem remains political, the device would cost several hundreds of billions, which obliges the countries to launch joint financing. It would be smarter to first carry out a European "mini Desertec" project ....
by sen-no-sen
16/09/09, 20:37
Forum : Renewable energy: solar power
Subject : DESERTEC: energy exploitation of deserts
answers: 163
views: 106419

Indeed Remundo, the surfaces are relatively small to compare to the potential energy! Moreover nothing prevents to launch this type of project everywhere in the world, it is not the deserts which miss !!! The United States are well served with the Moab desert, China at Le Takla Makan and the desert of ...
by sen-no-sen
14/09/09, 20:43
Forum : Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems
Subject : GDP, growth and ecology: why is it blocking?
answers: 56
views: 46299

Excellent article! The problem with our "system" is that it is based on a concept of exponential growth, yet there is nothing in the universe that can grow indefinitely ... absolutely nothing !, and unfortunately our economists and others upholders of the world royally ignore this principle ...
by sen-no-sen
13/09/09, 20:17
Forum : Fossil fuels: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)
Subject : The largest source of primary energy, coal
answers: 292
views: 138271

I imagine well in 2030 for example ET visit us, and ask us the question: what use you as energy to make function your civilization? Thermo-nuclear fusion? Antimatter? mastery of natural phenomena?
And answer us: no, no coal!
: Lol:
by sen-no-sen
04/09/09, 18:48
Forum : Climate change: CO2, warming, greenhouse ...
Subject : The antiréchauffement processes scrutinized
answers: 29
views: 9305

You're absolutely right boubka!
However, look at the example of GMOs, we do not know the ins and outs of this type of manipulation and yet cultures of this kind "flourish" almost everywhere in the world without the citizens really having their say. ! : Evil:
by sen-no-sen
04/09/09, 18:13

Faced with the general immobilism I'm afraid that these types of solutions are imposed on us!
by sen-no-sen
04/09/09, 16:22

+1 with negawatt, that's what every "good economist" thinks...I think! The example of the eruption of Mount Pinatubo in 1991 (which diffused several km3 of sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere) demonstrated that it works, but there is always collateral damage! Ok we find them...
by sen-no-sen
04/09/09, 14:15

I was talking about ocean seeding. Regarding the diffusion in the atmosphere of particles aimed at increasing the albedo, the result is different. The example of the eruption of Mount Pinatubo in 1991 (which diffused several km3 of sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere) demonstrated...
by sen-no-sen
04/09/09, 13:58

Unfortunately, Christophe, it's just Science now... Processes like this have been around for a long time. Manufacturers are ready to do anything to avoid losing their "markets"! I really think that the destruction of the environment is wanted, 100% of the waterways in France are...

Go Advanced search