Search found 447 results

by minguinhirigue
25/04/10, 22:13
Forum : Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ...
Subject : South glazing low emissivity or NOT?
answers: 19
views: 15156

fthanron, here is a "non-commercial study on triple glazing in France", it is quite categorical on southern triple glazing: not terrible in France (even when there are 50% masks on the south facade and in a climate of mountain) facing a very good double glazing with reinforced insulation ...
by minguinhirigue
23/04/10, 15:22
Subject : Wood wool vapor barrier mandatory or not?
answers: 4
views: 9409

In your configuration, as long as the tiles are intact, no risk but if your wool is not treated against humidity (paraffin or bitumen emulsion), the slightest leak can create mold. However, as is, I don't think you need a vapor barrier (inside). But after ...
by minguinhirigue
23/04/10, 15:17
Subject : South glazing low emissivity or NOT?
answers: 19
views: 15156

Small building block: Having read Jean Pierre Oliva's book and many other tests, year round, in most regions of France, the thermal balance (solar gains - thermal losses) of good double glazing is often better than that of triple glazing, so I advise you to ...
by minguinhirigue
20/04/10, 14:16
Subject : Home cellulose insulation from the outside?
answers: 6
views: 8575

There are actually several technical opinions from CSTB on cellulose wadding for outdoor installation. Even if the product is of biological origin, there is no risk if it is correctly implemented (roof or overhang, rain screen, vapor retarder, barrier against rising ...
by minguinhirigue
18/04/10, 20:44
Forum : Solar thermal: solar collectors CESI, heating, hot water, stoves and solar cookers
Subject : Storage (buffer) in the soil by thermal rollers?
answers: 14
views: 28040

There is of course also the passive technique, which dispenses with the transmission of heat through the air (convection), but does all by conduction, directly from the living rooms. The principle is to have a house designed so that without heating, the annual average temperature is between 1 ...
by minguinhirigue
18/04/10, 18:52
Forum : Solar thermal: solar collectors CESI, heating, hot water, stoves and solar cookers
Subject : Storage (buffer) in the soil by thermal rollers?
answers: 14
views: 28040

Hello everyone, Hi Aumicrons, I had indeed made different interventions on the forum speaking of inter-seasonal storage (3 to 6 months): - passive by relying on the wiki links and earthshelters - aerolics, by relying on the built and functional pebble tunnels in the south of ...
by minguinhirigue
18/04/10, 16:39
Subject : Small question about natural convection
answers: 21
views: 17417

A little hard to recompose the discussion, but it's interesting. It should just be noted that these systems must be studied with precision, a bad placement in height of the arrival or the departure of the cold or hot air pipes, can lead to the stop of the natural convection. Many ...
by minguinhirigue
18/04/10, 13:07
Forum : Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ...
Subject : Autonomous sanitation
answers: 4
views: 7815

An autonomous wastewater treatment plant, we agree, it is sometimes very good (outside urban areas, to avoid spreading), but at 100W of average power, it is not only an energy gap, but above all a no-name scam! It is much more interesting to opt for a plant by phyto-pur ...
by minguinhirigue
15/04/10, 14:27
Forum : Your technical assemblies, DIY, innovations and self-construction: making an object or an installation
Subject : University project: Makazi
answers: 13
views: 7043

dedeleco, I see that you are very active on the subject of inter-seasonal storage, I am a little busy at the moment but I am trying to give an update this weekend on the documents and the sites that I have in my possession at this time. subject: - passive inter-seasonal storage: earthship and Rocky Montain Inst ...
by minguinhirigue
02/04/10, 10:05
Subject : Heating a greenhouse
answers: 29
views: 13840

The roller tunnel can indeed be an interesting solution for greenhouses, already tested and validated by a Swiss university (the links are on the forum, but I do not really know where?) ... Just notes that it is necessary to ensure continuous insulation below the roller tunnels to limit losses ...

Go Advanced search