Search found 120 results

by Pierre-Yves
04/12/13, 18:05
Forum : Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ...
Subject : Smart grids
answers: 30
views: 15136

indeed, Did67, with the load shedders, we clip a point that's all, we do not optimize. With the "intelligent" grids, we add more an educational aspect and we go to a larger scale. Avoiding the worst is indeed a laudable goal, but I still ask myself the question ...
by Pierre-Yves
04/12/13, 11:54

The problem is very similar to the allocation of CPU time in a computer. I think it would be useful to study the known scheduling algorithms. Damn it ! But of course it is !! Indeed, we can think of the distribution of CPU time: the CPU constitutes a finite resource and does not ...
by Pierre-Yves
04/12/13, 10:54

if you want to automate the load shedding, there are several possible logics. the simplest is to detect the individual powers of each "branch" of the load shedding. at the extreme, you can have a branch per device, which improves the "smoothing". then you determine a gold ...
by Pierre-Yves
04/12/13, 10:19

I am sorry for the content of this column. Apart from a few legitimate requests for explanations, there are especially big considerations on the why of the use of such or such device, nothing which makes advance the Schmilblick. I said so, I took the numbers and the problem from a buddy and ...
by Pierre-Yves
03/12/13, 21:51

... the best plan would be to reduce the importance of these peaks rather than having them subsidized by the user without changing anything. Totally agree ! So how can you help to better distribute your needs? We already know that turning on your washing machine at night will erase the peaks, but ...
by Pierre-Yves
03/12/13, 21:44

Thanks for the answer, PY, but what I wrote does not fall under the "common mistake". Let me explain: I am surprised at the power of the fridge and that of the freezer. This weekend, more readings made on a fridge and a freezer gave me respectively 55 and 60 W of power and about 800 Wh ...
by Pierre-Yves
03/12/13, 21:21

I confirm what minusdewatts says. It is indeed power, in W. Consumption is energy and is expressed in Wh. To answer stefano, this is not silliness but a common mistake. Also agree that using electricity, often produced with heat, to ...
by Pierre-Yves
02/12/13, 16:52

Re: Smart grids

who really wants to do their electricity with a generator at home? the islanding has no reason to be that if one is in isolated site. I don't know what's going on, it seems to me that I had already sent an answer. I start again ! Totally agree with Dirk Pitt: a GE stinks, it ...
by Pierre-Yves
02/12/13, 15:06

Smart grids

hello There are lots of pages on smart grids, but they're still big generalities. A friend of mine has just asked me a concrete problem: Production: a GE of 8 kW and possibly batteries (less than 5 kWh, not yet connected) Consumption in 230 vac: - Radiators 6x750 W = ...
by Pierre-Yves
06/08/13, 22:18
Forum : Electricity, electronics and IT Hi-Tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials and new
Subject : Oral voice recognition -> written
answers: 6
views: 4119

Didn't you learn it in high school? My son did his humanities in Paris and he understood English very well at 17. I come from a time that those under twenty cannot know ... I therefore understand written English quite well, but as for understanding it orally, that's another story ...

Go Advanced search