Search found 10 results

by paul_f5hpq
23/04/20, 12:03
Forum : Electricity, electronics and IT Hi-Tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials and new
Subject : UVc ballast voltage? Go from 230V to 12V?
answers: 8
views: 6973

Re: UVc ballast voltage? Go from 230V to 12V?

Hello, glad I could be of help. Indeed a 600VA inverter which consumes only 2VA, it is perfect, especially to supply such a small load. It all sounds a bit like a gas factory I guess, but it solves your problem and that's good. A few months ago, during a meeting ...
by paul_f5hpq
21/04/20, 14:59
Forum : Electricity, electronics and IT Hi-Tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials and new
Subject : Variation resistance on voltage of a halogen bulb
answers: 13
views: 29159

Re: Variation of resistance on voltage of a halogen bulb

Hello Isentrop, Let's avoid mixing "thermistor, varistor and resistance". The diagram presented in your post uses a thermistor mounted as a divider bridge to be measured by a microcontroller. Its resistance varies greatly (NB: it is only linear on a ...
by paul_f5hpq
21/04/20, 14:44

Hello, To confirm these last statements, the overcurrent of the departure is neither more nor less than the rise in temperature of the filament. As a reminder, the halogen lamp or any filament is a VDR, voltage dependent resistor. It is a nonlinear component, the measured curve that appears in ...
by paul_f5hpq
18/04/20, 20:42

Hello Evaluation,
How would you measure the temperature with a bulb supplied with constant voltage?
Can you develop the principle?
Kind regards.
Pol
by paul_f5hpq
17/04/20, 22:51
Subject : Variation of LED bulbs and LED overclocking
answers: 4
views: 9667

Re: Variation of LED bulbs and LED overclocking

Beautiful experimentation! I like to find methodical handymen! The LEDs have a threshold voltage and a nominal current, beyond that the light produced increases, but in a lesser ratio. Arrived at a certain current, the LED heats up and loses efficiency, you have put your finger perfectly ...
by paul_f5hpq
17/04/20, 22:39

Hello, a filament lamp is a resistor with a positive coefficient according to the voltage at its terminals (VDR). https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varistance Indeed, the more it heats the more its resistance increases. A diversion is made to convert this oddity into a hot wire anemometer. AT ...
by paul_f5hpq
17/04/20, 22:30
Subject : Residual voltage in the sockets, OFF switch
answers: 42
views: 50424

Re: Residual voltage in the sockets, OFF switch

Hello, is the problem still relevant in 2020? Containment allows you to spend time on such "details" ... I confirm that the use of a high impedance multimeter does not allow to read the real voltages at the terminals. Or take the precaution of putting u ...
by paul_f5hpq
17/04/20, 22:12
Subject : UVc ballast voltage? Go from 230V to 12V?
answers: 8
views: 6973

Re: UVc ballast voltage? Go from 230V to 12V?

Hello, This is not a ballast but a converter from 220VAC to (I suppose) 1000VAC at boot. the system is designed to be supplied with 220V, which itself after having been rectified and filtered becomes continuous 300V which is "chopped" at 37000 Hz to supply a transformer ...
by paul_f5hpq
12/04/20, 09:18
Forum : Solar thermal: solar collectors CESI, heating, hot water, stoves and solar cookers
Subject : [Study] Solar Steam Pump
answers: 11
views: 17600

Re: [Study] Solar Steam Pump

Thank you Joe for this math work! Pol Here is a calculation which gives an idea of ​​the capacities of a solar system for watering: Capacités.xlsx Example: Parabola diameter 0,30 m Solar irradiation 1 kW.h / m² / year Optical efficiency 250% Thermal efficiency 80% Mechanical efficiency 50% Temperature i ...
by paul_f5hpq
12/04/20, 09:17
Forum : Solar thermal: solar collectors CESI, heating, hot water, stoves and solar cookers
Subject : [Study] Solar Steam Pump
answers: 11
views: 17600

Re: [Study] Solar Steam Pump

Hello Joe, the subject is quite old, of course, but it is and will always be relevant. Where have you been since this study? Your Excel table is really practical and saves time in calculations. I saw that a serious installation had to have a large diameter sensor ...

Go Advanced search