RCV engine

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 07/09/06, 21:15

abyssin3 wrote:But on the other hand, on this type of engine, the compression ratio is stable, since there is no rise of the cylinder.

"there is no ascent of the cylinder." : I'm a ball in motors but that seems really weird to me: on a standard 4-stroke (or even a 2-stroke), the cylinder not moving. It's the piston that goes up and down. This is also the case in this engine by the way.
So, either you confused the terms "cylinder" and "piston", or I did not understand anything. : Shock:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 07/09/06, 22:55

Thank you André for these historical reminders.
Having said that, I think the future of land transport is the series hybrid and then the piston engine is no longer the best choice ... We can do a lot better to supply a current generator.

To respond to Targol on the raising of the cylinders, this did exist, andré should confirm, on engines where the cylinders were individually connected to the crankcase (star, V-shaped, flat twins, flat four engines ...) the studs of the fixing of the cylinders loosened causing the cylinder to rise and therefore the cylinder head. The compression was decreasing, the valves were flanging ... that was a long time ago ...
I repaired 2cv citroën cylinder studs, in fact it is the threads in the aluminum casing which had been torn off, the steel studs had not moved.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 07/09/06, 23:26

Thank you for these Citroen details.
Decidedly, by dint of attending these forums, I'll end up knowing what I'm talking about on a lot of subjects : Wink:

PS: until now, I was pretending, but shhh, it's a secret.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 08/09/06, 13:53

Piston indeed, and not cylinder.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 14/09/06, 23:57

abyssin3 wrote:Piston indeed, and not cylinder.
Could you clarify STP?
Because here I am no longer ...
Why wouldn't the piston go up and what is the influence of all this on the compression rate? : Shock:
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 15/09/06, 02:03

I had by mistake spoken of "raising the cylinder" (impossible), because it is the piston that goes up and down, the cylinder remains in its place.

Where it plays on the compression is that in a normal engine, when the piston goes up, the compression of the air increases, and this is what makes the diesel / air mixture explode in an auto-ignition engine. .
Here there is no rise of the piston, since the combustion chamber turns on itself (Cf Diagram). It is therefore essential to have a spark to ignite everything. However, to adapt it to diesel, there would have to be a modification of the compression ratio.
Even in a Wankel engine there is an increase in compression, but here there doesn't seem to be any at all, or something escapes me ... : Shock:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 15/09/06, 12:47

abyssin3 wrote:J [...] Here there is no rise of the piston, since the combustion chamber turns on itself (Cf Diagram). It is therefore essential to have a spark to ignite everything. However, to adapt it to diesel, there would have to be a modification of the compression ratio.
Even in a Wankel engine there is an increase in compression, but here there doesn't seem to be any at all, or something escapes me ... : Shock:
Huh? : Shock:
There I think there is something that you did not understand!

Look at the RCV7 and RCV2 diagrams, it is a very classic reciprocating piston engine, only the distribution is a little different since the cylinder turns and opens alternately intake and exhaust ...
0 x
fredtek
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by fredtek » 23/08/07, 13:45

Hi everybody,
the on the spot by examining the diagrams of this engine;
well for the fact that we eliminate the reciprocating movement of the valves; at each 4-stroke cycle we save one intake spring compression and another exhaust.
good for the fact that this engine can no longer die by the unexpected encounter of valves at top dead center (breakage of the timing belt)
bad for the fact that the times of admissions and exhausts are immutable, at the time of the variable valve liftings it looks old-fashioned. I immediately think of adding a concentric cylinder also pierced by an orifice, and I throw the mechanical control of rotation of this cylinder to have an independent electronic control of my 2 cylinders as
I know how to vary my intake and exhaust times, that's it, isn't it a little better?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 23/08/07, 19:37

Bonjour à tous

Question cooling of the cylinder, I have the impression that they have carefully avoided the subject on their advertisement because I believe that this is where the bottom hurts. : Cheesy:

It is certainly a wet jacket, it is necessary to make a rotary seal on the cylinder head side and on the crankshaft side on a relatively large diameter.

The proximity of the intake and exhaust ducts does not facilitate the task and significantly reduces the temperature exchange surface for the cylinder. :?

I will not be surprised that this substantially limits the power per liter that can be drawn from it.

Regarding the comparison of flow rates with the lifting of the valve ..... this leaves me skeptical. : Cry:

I can't wait to see a real comparison with a known engine because the tuning work seems really important to me.

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Flytox

by Flytox » 23/08/07, 23:30

Bonjour à tous

I seem to see another problem. Since the cylinder and the cylinder head are the same part, much of the heat must escape from the top through the bearing that surrounds the spark plug. Hello torture or the flow of oil to cool the thing. : Shock:

Moreover the cooling of the whole is perhaps oil and not water given the constraints.

The cylinder head assembly must be steel? The internal temperature of the cylinder head skin must not be especially low !? It's NOx friendly, isn't it?

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132