A torch water Kager

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/09/07, 21:26

Thank you for that clarification, it's a very good reason to ban welding with a water torch!

Finally the oxy-cutting application would still be valid ...
0 x
camel1
Pantone engine Researcher

by camel1 » 12/09/07, 19:54

Hi everybody !

Warning ! We are not talking about the same thing, the Flytox pdf talks about welding (tig mig) type electric, on steel.

The water torch is intended for the solder, Which is not the same thing. In this case, hydrogen and oxygen recombine during combustion (flame), and I can not see that this reaction can pollute the solder ...

The idea of ​​electrolysing water to produce fuel and oxidizer on demand seems very clever, and very sure ...

I do not think we can reject this application like that.

A+

Michel
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/07, 20:49

Ben is the fact that the H2 in the weld does not mix, that's what the doc says in length and breadth.

Gold in an electric weld the only possible H2 comes (I think) the cracking of the moisture of the air ... so very small quantity but sufficient to deteriorate the welds ...

In the case of the water torch there is necessarily a part of the H2 which is not burned and probably more important than the amount of H2 from the ambient humidity ... you can guess what's next.

Attention it does not mean that the principle is not good but for a welding application (solder to see?) It is limited ...

One fact is certain: these water torches have never had commercial success and I wonder well pkoi? (see my question above)
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 12/09/07, 21:28

Bonjour à tous

At work there is a big face of metallurgy, welding etc .., I will ask him (Friday). : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
zac

by zac » 13/09/07, 11:18

Christophe wrote:One fact is certain: these water torches have never had commercial success and I wonder well pkoi? (see my question above)

it belongs to that liquid air ?????????????

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/09/07, 12:18

Here is a package of Liquid air

In any case zon super documentation, example: http://encyclopedia.airliquide.com/CO2.pdf

When I was working in aquaculture I was better than the bottle price of CO2 ... the 50L refill in the 150 € if I remember correctly.

Ok it was "pure" CO2 but all the same ... for such a "common" and easy to produce gas ...

The boss never wanted us to recover the CO2 from his EJP group, I never understood pkoi ... the fear of "oil pollution" no doubt ...

Here I found a nice page about this (CO2 by fermentation of yeasts): http://aquaplanete.free.fr/CO2maison.php
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 13/09/07, 15:17

Flytox wrote:Bonjour à tous
The hydrogen of the torch can be a pollutant. So it is certainly a problem of embrittlement of steel:

http://bil-ibs.be/FR/Metallerie/pdf/f25met30.pdf
A+

Yes, maybe in the industry, but for plumbers and heating engineers, I do not think so
They already weld with C2H2 (acethylene) since 50 years

So I say yes to the water torch
and as soon as I have time, I make it a
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 13/09/07, 19:20

I do not think it bothering to solder with kind of blowtorch especially to make solders.

Maybe it changes the steels or even stainless steel, but if we weld stainless steel with the post or tig method mig mig under neutral gas (argon) it is necessary to passivate, that is to say apply on the welding an acid product to change the material change especially for chromium.
Otherwise it rust at the first shower.

Anyway in industry after welding or machining there is almost always a surface treatment

see here : Arrowd:
http://cedemo.free.fr/technical_data/di ... ements.htm
0 x
In eternal learning
Flytox

by Flytox » 14/09/07, 18:14

Bonjour à tous

After consulting the face in metallurgy, he told me that the hydrogen weakens, whether for a solder or a welding arc, TIG, MIG etc ... does not change anything.

Everything depends on what you want to do with its assembly, if there are no constraints on the piece you do not care, if it pulls a little ... it may be cut out depending on the dotted .. . : Lol:

Finally in an aeronautical use, it is excluded (without having made the slightest test elsewhere ...) It is of the order of the reflex, Hydrogen = embrittlement ---> immediate rejection. There are already enough problems with proven solutions that work without looking for the problems elsewhere. : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 01/04/08, 22:00

Still no fans to make a water torch?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^