Storing electricity in a water supply

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Storage of electricity in a water supply

by phil59 » 08/11/21, 14:40

1 Only "cumulus"?

At less than 50V continuous, no real risk of having the hair standing on its head, and then, I think it needs more water than that ...

My 500L hydro wood stove buffer tank does not allow me to spend the night without external heat input, when the stove "no longer stove"! : Lol:
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/11/21, 14:56

cortejuan wrote:for periods of severe frost, etc.)
With solar thermal collectors, the circulation of the heat transfer fluid only takes place “when it's worth it”, There is therefore no risk of freezing (if it is water).

To heat with electricity, I do not believe it too much, the performance is bad. Unless you will not look at the expense ...

For fatigue due to age, I can only encourage you to persevere as long as possible. Exercise is what keeps you in shape and you shouldn't get too tired. If so, would it be better to find the causes of these fatigue?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 08/11/21, 22:16

My panels, I found them in OCCAZ at 35 €, for 190W, 5-6 years old.

Patient, you have to be.

My 500L buffer tank, I got it for 100 €.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 20/11/21, 23:30

Thanks for the answers,

It's even easier than I thought ...

cordially
0 x
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 02/12/21, 18:41

Hi,

I will focus on 5 panels of 400 W in 24 volts therefore in series providing a voltage of 120 volts. I looked for a plunging resistance type cumulus in 120 volts, without success. So I am thinking of using a resistor more powerful at 240 volts but used at 120 volts.

For example, a plunging resistor of 4000 W at 240 volts gives 1000 W at 120 volts (under ideal panel performance conditions) Is that correct? There is no concern for the panels?

I actually don't want to boil water, I want to keep my tubs around 15 degrees.
cordially
0 x
OlivierD
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by OlivierD » 03/12/21, 07:36

Hello

For your continuous 120V, be very careful, it's deadly, no zero crossing to allow you to let go in case of contact. Identify your sons well for others ...

moreover, the cut-off system must be provided for direct current ...

If you are not in an isolated site (I read the post but I don't remember any more) why not use micro inverters and route with a tignous type router? the advantage is that you use what you produce when you are not heating, especially in summer.

Olivier
0 x
700W of PV in autoconso with tignous router ...
Permaculture cannot be improvised in 15 days, let's listen to Arthur Keller, and let's not forget to vote for the program that best defends our interests!
OlivierD
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by OlivierD » 03/12/21, 07:38

Obamot wrote:
AWith solar thermal collectors, the circulation of the heat transfer fluid only takes place “when it's worth it”, There is therefore no risk of freezing (if it is water).

To heat with electricity, I do not believe it too much, the performance is bad. Unless you will not look at the expense ...

For fatigue due to age, I can only encourage you to persevere as long as possible. Exercise is what keeps you in shape and you shouldn't get too tired. If so, would it be better to find the causes of these fatigue?

This is ONLY true if the drain back type sensors are emptied, otherwise the stagnant water freezes very easily and causes the copper capillaries to burst.

olive
1 x
700W of PV in autoconso with tignous router ...
Permaculture cannot be improvised in 15 days, let's listen to Arthur Keller, and let's not forget to vote for the program that best defends our interests!
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/12/21, 11:59

olivierd wrote:
Obamot wrote:
AWith solar thermal collectors, the circulation of the heat transfer fluid only takes place “when it's worth it”, There is therefore no risk of freezing (if it is water).

This is ONLY true if the drain back type sensors are emptied, otherwise the stagnant water freezes very easily and causes the copper capillaries to burst.

olive
Absolutely!
Thank you for reminding OLIVIER!
There is a “middle-mountain” recovery facility somewhere on the fofo ... (but it was not for a greenhouse)
I'd have to find her, it's over ten years old. Finally, I object if the installation of cortejuan works according to its wishes ... Why not: it's risk-free, I understand!

Otherwise there was this ingenious system of recovering the heat dissipated from an atmospheric engine during transport consume-less-auto / car-engine-thermal-storage-for-dhw-t14391.html? hilit = boiler # p295892 (it's theoretical, a little eccentric, but I like the idea : Idea: )
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 03/12/21, 16:16

If you have the place, panels at 30 €, 190Wp, and around 35V, it seems to me.

8 panels, 280V (peak), and around 1500 Wp. 240 € of panels, to incline towards 60-70 °, to have a maximum production in winter ....

But you can have several days with practically nothing ...

On my 760 Wp, the other day, I produced barely 100 Wh ... on November 8, I produced in 2 kWh ....

In the summer you're pretty sure you're heating up, although on July 13 I barely produced 300 Wh ....
0 x

cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 18/12/21, 20:22

Thank you for all your answers.

Regarding the thermal panels, I gave up because the management of water devices as coolant is always very related to the temperature, too hot, it boils and it farts (lived experience) too cold it freezes, not to mention the seals, the pumps ...
So I stay on the photovoltaic panels because my greenhouse remains a cold greenhouse whose lowest temperature in winter is around 8 degrees. At this temperature my exotic fruits hold up. So, if I have an average of 500 W in the off-season it should work.

Right now, with a little sunlight, my 2000 liters of water gain about one degree by greenhouse effect. My system described in another post (thermal buffer storage) has an advantage, it is really the buffer effect: in the middle of winter, if at night it is 8 to 9 degrees, during the day it can climb to 30 degrees. Except for cacti, it is fatal for other plants. Thanks to the thermal buffer, I send air at 10 degrees or less (coming from my buffer) into the greenhouse. It heats the storage water by cooling the greenhouse.

On this subject, I am always astonished that this storage of electricity by thermal accumulation in water is not developed in the habitat. When I see the batteries of batteries in certain autonomous installations, I tell myself that I would not want to be in the place of the owners in 10 years or well before when the batteries will fail one after the other ... The fleet does not pollute , it's not expensive and an underground reserve of 4x4 m2 over a height of 1,5 m is 24 m3 available. We can already store a bundle of energy which, it is true, is only available in the form of heat (which can be reconverted into electricity by stirling).

I add that I can easily add additional panels if my installation is too light.

cordially
1 x