Solar inverter on generator or on battery inverter?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Christophe

Re: Solar inverter on generator or on battery inverter?

by Christophe » 14/10/22, 10:51

Here are some details from ALMA SOLAR: https://www.alma-solarshop.fr/ on the connection a backup battery on an existing solar installation

Question asked by email a few days ago, I just got the answers, I told you they were nice!

My question 1:

In case of blackout can the hybrid inverter simulate the grid (via PV and/or battery power) for my existing inverter so that I can keep the existing wiring and power the hybrid with my current solar installation?

Answer 1: Yes I advise you rather to put a SOLAX FIT rather than a hybrid. It is added in parallel to your BOOST and only manages the batteries. If the network is cut, it will produce energy and therefore simulate a network for the BOOST. Attention, it is imperative not to reinject into the network in this case. It is therefore necessary to put an automatic disconnector open in the event of a cut. See an electrician if needed.

My question 2: Finally and above all, can we connect a "standard" battery to a hybrid inverter provided that it respects the battery voltages of the inverter? In other words: can a battery that is not of the brand be used on a hybrid inverter or does the inverter communicate with the battery and therefore prevent the use of batteries without a brand or another Mark ?

Answer 2: Not only TRIPLE POWER batteries are compatible with SOLAX. Communication must be ensured between the BMS and the inverter.

The question now is whether a "standard" battery is compatible with a Solax Fit...because it is not compatible with hybrid inverters which must, as I feared, use "proprietary" batteries... (although it's probably possible to hack the communication system...but I don't play that...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/22, 11:02

In short, all this seems very complicated to me...and expensive...for a few hours of breakdown announced per year?

This winter, in the event of a blackout, I think I will simply connect one of my backup batteries via the Chinese inverter and cut the solar inverter during the blackout and that's it... If the energy supply situation deteriorates the more I would think about it!

But I'm still going to do the tests with the bulbs in series! I have spare capacitors in stock : Mrgreen: (plus I just saw that I had an old HS thing with 3 470µF condos on it! 8) 8) 8) ) ...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 14/10/22, 11:32

So you give up on the idea of ​​a real backup. (it does not suit me : Lol: , I was counting on you for a cheap "walkthrough", I think I'll take a cheap Chinese "shit").

On the other hand, for "solar water", I think you have at least one circulator, and it would be good to protect it, if only with a pc inverter...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/22, 11:40

Read my last post carefully...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 14/10/22, 11:45

Christophe wrote:Read my last post carefully...

Yes, I saw well with the lamps, but I think it will not bring much, in terms of power solution.

I remain on the idea of ​​implementing a frequency generator, with opto coupler, for example, to have something +- possible, simply.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/22, 12:26

I'm not sure ! Must test!

Don't forget the DIODES!! : Mrgreen:

Will you show us?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 14/10/22, 14:26

Christophe wrote:I'm not sure ! Must test!

Don't forget the DIODES!! : Mrgreen:

Will you show us?

Yes, with diodes, of course! : Lol: (the principle remains good, the feasibility not with diodes, but would require a thingy like that)

I have no knowledge of electronics, or so little, that not enough to do something, just an idea like that ....

On my side, I may have batteries for my PC UPS .... cooler than Remundo, cleaner, but not terrible either.
I also remain on the idea of ​​an inexpensive hybrid inverter ....

Finally, all that, if on the 19th, I still have juice .....
0 x

Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 14/10/22, 15:47

Christophe wrote:But I'm still going to do the tests with the bulbs in series! I have spare capacitors in stock : Mrgreen: (plus I just saw that I had an old HS thing with 3 470µF condos on it! 8) 8) 8) ) ...

I don't really see how you are going to do with bulbs in series to simulate the network while supplying a load to absorb the solar production.

Since everyone is unpacking their plans to deal with the cuts, I personally bought an exercise bike from Emaüs to transform it into a generator using a hoverboard motor. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time and this period of end of abundance lends itself well to the experience.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/22, 16:00

The bulbs are to see how the 2 sinuses are synchronized or not...and possibly absorb a few watts...to protect the capacitor? Who knows it might work? Everything is explained above...

Will you bring us your generator bike? 8)
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 14/10/22, 16:48

A bicycle, at best, you produce 250 Wh while pedaling enormously.

After, if you are several! : Lol:

At one time, I had, why not equip a sports hall, with generators to recover "mechanical" movements....

But not interesting....
0 x