Solar inverter on generator or on battery inverter?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Solar inverter on generator or on battery inverter?

by dede2002 » 29/08/22, 20:04

Forhorse wrote:it can work on the condition that you consume exactly what the installation produces.
To "inject" the PV inverters produce a current with a slight phase shift in advance.
If you consume less, both the frequency and the voltage will go up, and the anti-islanding protections will do their job.

Indeed, if the network inverter does not regulate the voltage (useless because the network voltage refers), it is impossible.

Thank you for these clarifications. : Wink:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/08/22, 20:54

Forhorse wrote:it can work on the condition that you consume exactly what the installation produces.
To "inject" the PV inverters produce a current with a slight phase shift in advance.
If you consume less, both the frequency and the voltage will go up, and the anti-islanding protections will do their job.
If you consume more, well the same in fact...
And it is still necessary to find an inverter simulating the network which is not too fussy about what happens at its output.

In short, it is technically possible... in reality it is much less so.

Exactly it is in reality that I want to test... : Lol:

If I burn my "simulator" inverter at 100€, I don't care, however, I don't want to smoke my solar inverter...but I assume that it has much more internal security than the "simulator" ...

As for balancing and consuming exactly what the PV produces, this must be done automatically by the solar inverter otherwise it's just unmanageable! In case of overconsumption/PV, the rest will be drawn from the battery in case of underconsumption the solar inverter injects less....and it should work...or not... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

Well there's no one richer than me on the forum who wants to test before me? Please... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/08/22, 20:58

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:How do those who have an autonomous and/or isolated house without being connected to the ERDF network do?
https://www.sma.de/fr/residentiel/deven ... ie-solaire

It's simple: they do with a hybrid inverter at 2500€.. and a battery at 10€...

I have a drumkit (not 10k€) but not the money for the rest! : Lol:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 29/08/22, 22:57

Independence has a price. Do a promo on your clothes. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/08/22, 23:11

A promo why do am at 0.0 turnover (thank you friends by the way…)… : Cheesy:
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 29/08/22, 23:40

Christophe wrote:As for balancing and consuming exactly what the PV produces, this must be done automatically by the solar inverter otherwise it's just unmanageable!

Photovoltaic injection inverters do not regulate anything at all, they do not need. They are supposed to flow into a "bottomless pit" network, so not to worry about production.
And generally they are asked anyway to produce what they can to optimize the financial return of the installation, there is no point in adding a regulation mechanism to them.

The only regulation mechanism they know is disconnection... when the network disappears, or when its impedance becomes too high (local overproduction) which causes an increase in the network voltage (problem well known to certain producers)

EDIT: I went a little fast... some inverters actually have a mechanism that aims to limit their production, this is the case for those sold as "zero injection" for those who want to do only self-consumption without anything sell or give to the network. These are specific models...
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 29/08/22, 23:47

Christophe wrote:A promo why do am at 0.0 turnover (thank you friends by the way…)… : Cheesy:

Bah. Considering the "new delirious editorial line" (Since the presidential elections, roughly) and the desertion of the forum, it surprises you ? I saw it coming...
natural-human-disasters/coronavirus-whose-or-what-and-why-is-fault-t16346-1620.html?#p503212
And believe me, I wish I was wrong. Every choice has consequences. :(
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/08/22, 23:55

Forhorse wrote:EDIT: I went a little fast... some inverters actually have a mechanism that aims to limit their production, this is the case for those sold as "zero injection" for those who want to do only self-consumption without anything sell or give to the network. These are specific models...

I +1 with your edit: I can see that my PV system produces less in the afternoon compared to last year since a neighbor (on my line) made an installation of about 10 kWp facing south west... in my street 50% are equipped with PV…

I had peaks this summer at 245V (!!!) on my inverter...which ended up being safe...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/08/22, 00:01

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
Christophe wrote:A promo why do am at 0.0 turnover (thank you friends by the way…)… : Cheesy:

Bah. Considering the "new delirious editorial line" (Since the presidential elections, roughly) and the desertion of the forum, it surprises you ? I saw it coming...
natural-human-disasters/coronavirus-whose-or-what-and-why-is-fault-t16346-1620.html?#p503212
And believe me, I wish I was wrong. Every choice has consequences. :(

Who is the editor who sets the editorial line?

The fake ass that have deserted I don't care, it attracts new heads and minds...

Haven't you noticed the change that's happening…in the media and on the streets for the cops? Ah but when Z said it it was the absolute evil…

So ?

Delirious or visionary? : Idea:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 30/08/22, 00:43

Crazy Chef, Chef!!!! : Mrgreen:
0 x