Solar energy is officially the cheapest energy according to the IEA

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Solar energy is officially the cheapest energy according to the IEA

by sicetaitsimple » 08/11/20, 18:34

ENERC wrote:When you are connected to the network, it is currently economical to store a little PV during the day to use it at night (around 3 -5 kWh - except for heavy use at night).
It was an addition to the original subject to indicate that PV + small storage are now under 19 ct per kWh on metropolitan France.

Well it was an addition where you wrote "I don't give a fuck about the network".
The only one who can write this without being a hypocrite is the one who has effectively terminated his subscription to an electricity supplier and therefore to Enedis or other distributor, who has paid for his production + storage installation and assumes his future costs. maintenance, as well as its possible weaknesses (and therefore restrictions on the level of "electric comfort") at certain times.
Are you one of them?
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 08/11/20, 19:10

sicetaitsimple wrote:
ENERC wrote:When you are connected to the network, it is currently economical to store a little PV during the day to use it at night (around 3 -5 kWh - except for heavy use at night).
It was an addition to the original subject to indicate that PV + small storage are now under 19 ct per kWh on metropolitan France.

Well it was an addition where you wrote "I don't give a fuck about the network".
The only one who can write this without being a hypocrite is the one who has effectively terminated his subscription to an electricity supplier and therefore to Enedis or other distributor, who has paid for his production + storage installation and assumes his future costs. maintenance, as well as its possible weaknesses (and therefore restrictions on the level of "electric comfort") at certain times.
Are you one of them?

No. You have to take it in the sense that I buy electricity as I buy flour. I'm just looking at the provenance that's all.
I don't care about the network like the mill that grinds wheat to make flour. It is in this sense.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 08/11/20, 19:15

ENERC wrote:No. You have to take it in the sense that I buy electricity as I buy flour. I'm just looking at the provenance that's all.
I don't care about the network like the mill that grinds wheat to make flour. It is in this sense.

it is clear that it is not for you to worry about the network, I was just telling you that if the PV with sufficient storage to avoid cuts every week was really cheaper than nuclear or gas power plants, we are wonder why the big operators would not design their network with that, they have the same concerns as you of profitability.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Eric DUPONT » 08/11/20, 19:32

edf does not store liquid nitrogen energy because solar plus storage of liquid nitrogen energy would be more competitive, therefore they would be forced to close their nuclear power plants and dismantle them while continuing to ensure the storage of waste that in the end, they would lose any competitive advantage.

in short, this is why France plans to be 100% renewable energy by 2050.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 08/11/20, 20:18

Eric Dupont wrote:in short, this is why France plans to be 100% renewable energy by 2050.

first news : Shock:
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Eric DUPONT » 08/11/20, 21:04

"...... The Minister thus recalls that the government is working just as much on an alternative where France continues to build nuclear power plants as on a 100% renewable alternative:" what has not been sufficiently studied is is 100% renewable scenarios. We are not the only ones (countries) to study this kind of scenario. It is a scenario that we are studying with the International Energy Agency, and we want to have the mid- 2021 because these are not totally trivial matters ”, said Elisabeth Borne."
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 08/11/20, 21:20

ENERC wrote:No. You have to take it in the sense that I buy electricity as I buy flour. I'm just looking at the provenance that's all.

In this case, write "I don't care by name of the network operator "that" I don't care about the network. If no one stores the wheat, grinds it, stores the flour, bags it, transports and distributes it, markets it, you will look sad. ....
But let us know the day you canceled your subscription.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 08/11/20, 22:19

Eric Dupont wrote:"...... The Minister thus recalls that the government is working just as much on an alternative where France continues to build nuclear power plants as on a 100% renewable alternative:" what has not been sufficiently studied is is 100% renewable scenarios. We are not the only ones (countries) to study this kind of scenario. It is a scenario that we are studying with the International Energy Agency, and we want to have the mid- 2021 because these are not totally trivial matters ”, said Elisabeth Borne."

oh yes then "studying a scenario" for you is the same as "planning to do it" ... a question of vocabulary.
0 x

Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Eric DUPONT » 09/11/20, 07:30

100% renewable is the scenario that will prevail. photovoltaics, wind power, storage. the government needs to study it because it calls into question what it has done in the past.
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 09/11/20, 08:19

Eric Dupont wrote:100% renewable is the scenario that will prevail. photovoltaics, wind power, storage. the government needs to study it because it calls into question what it has done in the past.

It will not be the government but the industrialists, at least in France. If we did not have the nuclear ball that nobody wants, EDF would have already been bought. Why?
- the renewable activity (EDF ENR) interests Total and many of its competitors
- the distribution activity (ENEDIS) interests Total because Total is strongly committed to the charging of electric cars. Total has understood that it is the end of oil for cars and that we will have to convert gasoline pumps into electric pumps. And for that, you have to wire the stations. It is easier when the low and medium voltage activity is in the same company. Total has just taken over the Belib and Autolib concessions.
- and then distributing gasoline or electricity, it's the same job
- the hydroelectric part will be sold without problems
- gas power stations interest Engie
- the sale to individuals / business part will be more problematic because Total has already bought Le Belge Lampiris

So when the separation of EDF into 2 part is going to be done (project named Hercules), a big energy company will buy the non-nuclear part, cut it in pieces and resell parts to others. This is exactly the Suez scenario.
This will suddenly release all the constraints that are slowing down the development of renewables. And it will also bring a lot of money to investments which are currently hampered because of EDF's high indebtedness. And if solar is cheaper than nuclear, well the new operators are going to invest heavily. It is industrial logic.

The state will find its account there by selling its shares to finance the expenses of the health crisis.

There will remain the nuclear ball which will be nationalized, financed by our taxes and which will end its life quietly in a structure of defection. This is essential to ensure nuclear safety until the end of the decommissioning of plants - say in 50 to 100 years.
0 x