Calculation of 24V solar cable section?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Calculation of solar cable section.

by izentrop » 20/10/20, 14:00

k-nich wrote:Thank you for your answers.

I have 27,6 volts at the regulator. I did not measure the voltage at the same time exiting the panels but will try to do so today.
On the other hand, which is curious and that I cannot understand, I have the same value in amps at the output of the panels as at the input of the regulator.
Having multiple installations I took the panels from another building where everything works fine to try and get the same result. Approx 3A input and output.
The regulator (victron) is not involved since I swapped it with another for testing. The result is identical.
Moving the panels would involve cutting down a considerable number of trees and I don't care too much.
Today I will reassemble the panels moved the day before to see if they are still functioning correctly.

With 6 square, you should find 28,4 V at the output of the panels. Insufficient to charge 24 V batteries, except direct connection.
0 x
k-nich
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Calculation of 24V solar cable section?

by k-nich » 20/10/20, 22:14

The entire system is connected during panel, regulator and battery measurements, but no consumer.

A priori the batteries still manage to recharge since despite poor weather in recent days and daily consumption (I am not connected to the network), they show 25,4 at this hour.

By following the logic of this calculation would it be preferable to get me 8 60 watt panels for example (instead of my 4 of 120) and put them in series with a mppt regulator? I would then be in 96 volts 5 amps.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Calculation of 24V solar cable section?

by izentrop » 20/10/20, 22:53

With trickle-down information, difficult to advise.
k-nich wrote:my 4 of 120
under what tension? and why change panels if it is possible to connect them in series?

Not very coherent all that : roll:
0 x