Recharging an electric car

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/06/15, 09:06

Hello,

The Nissan NV200 has a utility version called "evalia"

This vehicle is a good van, carrying 24 kWh of energy. When traveling at 70 km / h, it is possible to travel about 150 km.

It is derived from the Nissan Leaf which is a well proven platform now;
http://www.automobile-propre.com/voitur ... n-e-nv200/

Indeed, the material that you found, "this is the idea", the standard load of the nissan draws 3 kW.

Be careful, however, to oversize your PV field. Having at least 5000 Wc might not be luxury ... because it will take ensure 3000W during 8h.

If you want to travel 3000 km, you will need 20 days, being optimistic.

You will spend your life at a standstill; all day to load your car, then you will roll 2 at 3h at night, to exhaust your 24 kWh / 150 km.

My friend, you can ride at night, but you'll cook on the spot the day :P I will not come with you : Mrgreen:

More seriously, I do not know the reaction of the vehicle by these very strong heat. You should plan a few additional fans, not for yourself eh, for all the electronic "hot spots".

Batteries and panels should hold ... Attention to the electrical safety of the vehicle, we never know if wants to advance beyond 50 ° C for example.

@+
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 19/06/15, 09:17

Ah that's concrete. : Mrgreen:
Australia is the ideal playground for this kind of road trip. 8)

Will you do it as part of the World Solar Challenge. :?:

Stopping to load is limiting in terms of daily distance traveled.
In Australia, you have to load while driving, which limits the heating of the panels and their loss of efficiency.
The time spent charging at the stop is lost in kilometers traveled and driving at night, so lighted headlights consumes energy, but reduces the need for air conditioning.

Personally, I would cover all the vehicles of panels:
- Rigid high performance on roof rack (air passage under the panels)
- Soft on the hood and doors
- Rigid or flexible on the side and rear panels of e-NV200

The problem of the solar charge of lithium batteries lies in the battery management driven by the BMS.
For this reason, the idea of ​​using a range extender kit comparable to those mounted on Toyota Hybrids is quite relevant.
Of course, you need to calculate the buffer storage capacity as accurately as possible in order not to waste weight and to be able to use all the precious solar manna you will capture.

I do not know if your budget includes logistics, but it still seems insufficient.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/06/15, 09:23

Citro is right: it is better to ride the day over the sun.

The kit that Citro is talking about is a Lithium Range Extender.

Generally, the pack is rather low voltage (24 or 48V) so that it can connect to batteries via a charge controller.

Then a booster raises the voltage to several hundred V (usually between 100 and 200), the voltage of the main pack of the vehicle, injecting a substantially constant current.

These kits are rare, not always very reliable. Once again, I'm worried about the heat that will derive electronics BMS for example ...

Indeed your budget seems very moderate, and especially you will face technical problems.
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Charging an electric car

by thibr » 15/01/21, 19:32

The electric car demands innovative electric charging solutions. How can small entities overcome the disaffection of large industrial groups to build a sustainable and fair electricity future?
I will answer this question with the presentation of an innovative Alsatian solution: SmartGreenCharge!
1 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 16/01/21, 09:44

thibr wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M27KeB0BysY
The electric car demands innovative electric charging solutions. How can small entities overcome the disaffection of large industrial groups to build a sustainable and fair electricity future?
I will answer this question with the presentation of an innovative Alsatian solution: SmartGreenCharge!

This is not how I see it:
- in a detached house, it is the 230V 10 / 16A socket and that is more than enough
- on collective with parking, we equip all places with 10A and we place a load shedder per phase to limit the power subscribed. For example for 100 parking spaces, we take 4 subscriptions of 36 kVA and we shed if it exceeds 6 kVA per phase (3 cars loaded on this phase). With home automation, we can manage load priorities quite easily (we will be in 2030-2040 ....).
- in the streets, we put 10A terminals on streetlights or on pads with contactless CB payment. Computer connection in PLC or 5G.
- on the main roads one places fast charging stations. And we are then ready to pay much more per kWh for the service provided.

If I take my case, I have a city car and since I have a 10A outlet in the parking lot, I have never gone to charge elsewhere. You park, you plug in if necessary, you leave you unplug. It's that simple.
When I change it for a road, I will charge at most 6 times a year in fast charge, because we start with full and we refuel at destination in slow charge. 240 kWh in rapid against 1,5 to 2 MWh per year in slow charging.
My future need is 150 kW 4 to 6 times a year on the motorway.
I have a charge card for a large brand: I used it twice when it was free. it tires me to plug in a cable for 2 minutes of shopping.
I will make an exception if the charging cable (the CRO) was hooked to the terminal. But, take out his cable at the risk of being stolen during the races, no thank you.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 16/01/21, 12:02

The pb is the payment, as soon as we put a payment system it costs almost more than leaving it free ... For now I admit.

But if we get to several million Ve, that could be a game-changer.

I agree, that a simple 220V socket is more than enough, we only drive in EV my wife and I, no thermal at all for 2 good years ....

Trips when you exceed the autonomy, do not pose too much real problem, when you get organized, on the other hand, going on an adventure is a little more complicated!

The pb is also the number of different charge cards to have, I have about ten ....

For more safety, you can mount a green up plug, (50-60 €) reinforced plug, and which "unlocks" the load between 3 and 3.7 kW on EVs, instead of the basic 2 kW, on normal plugs .
A normal 10 / 16A socket, supports 16A 30mn, above you take risks, in the long term .... The green -up supports 16A at "perpette".

A charge of 10 hours at 2 kW, allows you to travel well over 100 km, and 10 hours in 3.5, more than 200 km during the day.

If you do more, indeed a 7 kW terminal can be welcome, price around 500 €, let's say ... in 5 hours, you can do more than 200km.
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock: